Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can't wait for them to show up again as mindless ones

The livestrong bracelet really makes it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

sean10mm posted:

I can't think of a good way to put this, but it fees like this movie actually takes the character flaws of its main character seriously in a way that most (all?) other Marvel movies don't. They were less afraid to make the hero genuinely unlikable at times, and it makes the ending work better as a result.

I think that plays in to the Ancient One's lesson of having to let the darkness in a little, or else it will consume you. Contrast that with Mordon, whose rigid zealotry is likely taking him down the road to villainy, and its probably better off to be kind of a dick.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

sean10mm posted:

Everyone in real life compromises something at some point, or they really are a dangerous fanatic. The question is, where do you draw that line?

It was also in the face of a truly imminent crisis instead of, "Whelp, I guess I should live for eons without aging because there is bad poo poo out there!" like the Ancient One did. Even if Strange was ultimately wrong, it was much more forgivable a mistake to make, and didn't even indirectly smack of hypocritical self-interest. .

I guess I'd draw the line right about there. Its definitely a significant difference to gain semi-immortality vs. imprisoning extra-dimensional entity in a time loop where said entity kills you over and over.

At least Wong made it out alive, he was a treat. I loved that single tear that ran down when Strange called him Beyonce.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Neo Rasa posted:

On the other hand this also kind of reads like now we gotta deal with folks like Kaecilius because we tried to stop folks like Kaecilius.

Uh oh, that sounds like an infinite loop.

• Locked thread