Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm preemptively sorry for cursing this movie to a rotten tomatometer because I care too much about it. Doctor Strange is possibly my favourite hero and I'd like to see him get successful exposure to the casual audience. I'm also obligated to see anything with Tilda Swinton and Inception-esque visuals.

Gimme Shuma-Gorath in a post-credits scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm really happy that I liked this movie. It's the one I had high expectations for.

I'm not the biggest fan of Cumberbatch but he eventually won me over in the end. Some awkward comedic delivery but great scenes with Palmer and Kaecilius and The Ancient One. Overall, the best character of the movie to me was the Ancient One and the highlight was of course the effects. Every fight was dynamic and breathtaking.

I guess my gripes with the movie are

1. The Ancient One getting merc'd. Seemed like she got defeated quickly in New York and then loving died. Maybe I'm just bitter that we won't see Tilda Swinton again. Her death monologue was surprisingly sad though.

2. Dormammu's mirage in the dark dimension looked way too much like Thanos to the extent that people in the theatre actually thought it was Thanos at first. Dormammu getting a role and then losing through the groundhog day was a fantastic debut though.

3. The astral projection had a bit of an uncanny valley effect and I laughed at a few parts.

I've never seen a Marvel origin movie that did so much set-up for its sequel and Mordo becoming the sympathetic villain with different ideals will be interesting. I selfishly want flaming head Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath though.

• Locked thread