Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well Dr. Strange has a bunch of great villains, so I think getting one as a warmup to others like Dormammu, Nightmare, and motherfucking Shuma-Gorath is fine.

Plus they have Mordo, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This movie flew by. I really really enjoyed it and the action sequences were fantastic.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kurzon posted:

I heard somewhere that Dormammu actually has a warped version of Strange's face, the logic being that Dormammu is in fact formless and mimicked Strange's face just to communicate.

Benedict Cumberbatch played them both!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

davidspackage posted:

Regarding the after credits scenes, I'm slightly confused that Thor is with Loki, looking for Odin. Last we saw, Loki had replaced Odin and he was heavily implied to be dead, wasn't he? I hope the implications of that aren't just tossed out the window like other setups the Marvel movies have had, such as Steve and Falcon hunting down Bucky. I suppose it might just be that Loki is luring Thor into a trap.

This scene was taken directly from Thor: Ragnarok. It's like how made a Civil War clip one of Ant-Man's teasers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jedit posted:

That scene was him showing his arrogance and contempt for the work. It wasn't a challenge for him, so he put a distraction in his own way to make it harder - even though this might jeopardise the patient.

Strange does not have contempt for his work. He's arrogant, yes, but the movie clearly shows that Strange wants to save lives. He doesn't do anything to jeopardize the patient, it's that he's that good that he can do the surgery while BS'ing around.

When it's serious, like the bullet he removes from the guy's neck, you see that Strange is determined to save the person and he cuts out the BS.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Everyone is also amazed that Strange could manipulate the Eye, so it's best to think that it can control any and all aspects of time, and Strange was able to harness that ability precisely... almost as if he was a surgeon and the Eye was his instrument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jay-V posted:

Kind of crazy that earth ended up having like 80% of the infinity stones.

Also q: is thanos supposed to be more powerful than Dormammu?

Earth only had the time stone and space stone. The reality stone was found when Jane got stuck in another world or dimension. Loki brought the mind stone. And the power stone was never there.

In the Dark Dimension, Dormammu is all powerful. Thanos is basically impossible to kill and has strength on par with Thor, or better. But he mainly is a great thinker, and unstoppable by almost anyone but himself. I'd say Dormammu has more power, but Thanos is smarter and more of a threat.

• Locked thread