Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jedit posted:

You're misunderstanding. Strange wants to save lives, but he only wants to save the lives he thinks nobody else can save. On those occasions where he has to take on a job that he considers beneath his talents, he dicks around because it means nothing to him. That's what I mean by holding the work in contempt.
I think they had to make a fine line here because in the comic origins Strange is not sympathetic at all before his accident. (But his origin story doesn't come up until after he's been established firmly as a character, so there's less of the 'oh, this guy is actually a dick.') At most you can say 'well, he's not HURTING anyone much...'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Roadie posted:

I liked the movie, but in retrospect it felt like all those other sorcerers must have been pretty incompetent, if Strange could knock Kaecilius' goons off one by one and all the people with a lifetime of training and a bunch of spells and artifacts or whatever all got punked instantly.

I mean, it doesn't feel like it'd be asking for much to at least have some visible signs of a fight, or some already-defeated minions strewn around so that it's obvious that people besides the main characters actually bothered to do something.
They did that, I thought: you just sort of see it in reverse and obviously in the background because Strange is approaching the actual core epicenter. In this context he has good reason not to care a ton about Acolyte #39, he's focused on undoing the Real Bad.

• Locked thread