Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Doctor Strange is important because this is the first film that introduces magic into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Up until now, everyone's powers have been based in science or technology, so this is a relatively "new" concept within the MCU. Moving forward, this opens up limitless possibilities in terms of where they can go from here - new realities, dimensions, etc.

Totally serious question, but what about Thor and his world, Asgard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They say in Thor that the Asgardians are aliens and use advanced technology that seems like magic to humans, but is not.

Okay that's fair, I can buy that explanation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Doctor Strange a small indie movie with a very limited release in theaters or something? I literally cannot find a theater playing this film next week and I live in a major city. :psyduck: I live right next to an AMC, this is not a small local indie theater, this is one of the biggest movie chains in the U.S. and somehow they are not playing this movie.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jivjov posted:

Well, the official release date isn't til Friday the 4th, so if you're looking for anything during the week proper, you won't find it.

If not, do you have a competing theater in town? The city I work in has a Cinetopia and an AMC a few blocks apart, and every so often there's some kind of dispute between them and one of them won't get a major release. The AMC didn't get The Force Awakens, of all things, for example.

Just a small local theater that only plays on film at a time. They are getting Fantastic Beasts tho later next month and confirmed on their Twitter that they are not getting Doctor Strange. Is it maybe some sort of deal with Marvel/Disney that neither theater could work out? Hollywood is notoriously greedy, but I imagine getting the rights to play a film is very difficult and expensive.

• Locked thread