Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

My pet theory is that Death has the soul gem.

Do you think they are going to actually do the death/Thanos thing in the movies? It was a good story in a comic book but just seems like it'd be impossible to not come off as absolutely goofy as hell in a movie.

It seems like at best you could have some wordless flashback of him looking more human and being rejected by an unnamed lady and then making an angry face and fans knowing what that was. I just can not imagine them trying to do a romance subplot with the design they have settled on for the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

I really doubt we are going to get a lot of Thanos characterization, despite his implied presence throughout this whole saga.
We're in the third phase now and he's only confirmed to be a main character in two movies.

I actually wonder if they stole the design they had made for thanos for dormammu. Since this movie's dormammu looks pretty much nothing like the comic version but looked pretty much like what you'd imagine a powered up movie thanos would look like. Like I wonder if they worked out a design then threw it out and decided to recycle the work into this movie.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

Marvel would have to be Extra A+++ stupid to make Thanos, the most powerful recurring villain into a space cloud.

He looks like winston from overwatch's purple grandpa right now. He will eventually get the gauntlet full of gems and they are gonna show him all final form at some point. "make him really big" has usually been the solution in comics media. Usually in that way where he's as big as the entire moon in one shot then iron man is half the size of his face while they talk.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

I don't think he looks ape-like. He has a huge chin but otherwise he's just a giant muscular dude. I mean, he is human after all.

vs

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I'm saying it again. "he has a crush on the grim reaper who is dating another guy" is just the kind of story you can do in a comic where there is a billion issues and that part of the story can be real far away from the part of the story he's supposed to be scary or badass.

I just can not imagine a 3 hour movie having a scene where he has to explain his motivations and have it be "I got cucked by deadpool" and then have the movie go back to him being a scary threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Drifter posted:

It's like Iron Man. Sure, he sold weapons of destruction, but then he went and fought against people who were using them badly. So it's okay.

That is the story of iron man.

Pre-movies he made ultimate weapons to make a world a better place but militaries took them and used them and innocent people got hurt.

First movie decided the solution was he would be the one to use the ultimate weapons but people still got hurt.

Then he decides that algorithms and empty suits should control the weapon and people get hurt.

Then he decides he just needs to give a perfect computer the weapon and people get hurt.

Then he starts a civil war and declares the UN should control the ultimate weapon collectively and people get hurt.

The whole plot of iron movie across every movie is him wanting to use his weapons but not wanting people to be harmed by them and then him giving the responsibility to some new thing and it once again turning out that you can not invent a gun that can only shoot bad people.

• Locked thread