Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I always wanted to play this since I loved playing Threads of Fate which I believe was another action RPG.

Fun fact: Musashi is voice by Mona Marshall who is also known for her role as Izzy from Digimon Adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Fun fact: The Thirstquencher Empire were orginally called the Liquor Empire and were named after alcohol: Flatski was named Tequila, Capricciola was named Jean Walker after the Johnnie Walker whisky brand, and Gingerelle & Bubbles were named Liqueur & Brandy respectively.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys a good 2.5D platformer. My personal favorites were Kirby 64, Tomba 2, Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3, Pac-Man World, and finally Threads of Fate thought that last one was technically an action RPG set in a largely 2.5D world.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
To be fair, we've had other instances of getting Drunk on Milk before such as an anime where a goddess gets drunk on soda (and before you ask no that's not a localization thing; actual alcohol has no effect on her), a game where a genie gets drunk from eating mint to the point that he's berated for it by his master, and even Spongebob Squarepants got plastered after going on an ice cream bender in his first movie so I doubt anyone who wasn't already aware of the trope Frothy Mugs of Water would care whether or not it was actually booze censorship like the localization of the Thirstquencher Empire.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 22, 2017

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Prepare for Qs? Oh great, John de Lancie's gonna mock us for every gently caress up we make in ths dungeon.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Med School posted:

gently caress FFVII. When's Square remaking this?

Sadly I doubt this or Threads of Fate will ever get remakes which is sad cause I personally prefer these games over the FF franchise.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The reason for Salmonelli's rant is because tasters test to make sure food is safe to eat. Specifically, their job is to ensure that people of importance don't die do to crappy food preparation or deliberate poisoning.

Ironically his name is derived from Salmonella, a bacteria that is notorious for its relation to food poisoning.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

Hypothetical question, if a food taster has resistance/immunity to poison, how would they know if the food's been poisoned?

Technically speaking, mithridatism's not actually possible do to the nature of certain toxins as well as how they are processed by the body and can actually result in a lethal accumulation of the poison in question in the body thus it's not guaranteed to work against all types of poison assuming that it even works in the first place. Exposure to certain toxic substances such as heavy metals is always going to be either lethal or have little to no effect and as such cannot be used in this way at all.

The only practical use of mithridatism I've found are with people who work with venomous animal do to the key difference between venom and poison. The most famous example of this being Bill Haast who became immune to most snake venom by injecting himself with diluted venom over a period of time which was good as he had garnered 172 bites over the course of his lifetime and had even survived a blue krait bite, something that not even he thought was possible while his blood has been used to help more than 20 snake-bite victims before his death at 100 years of age.

Supposedly it also works as a treatment to food allergies, specifically the allergy to peanuts.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 25, 2017

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Congratulations Musashi, you are now a Digimon protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Oh wow, the game actually acknowledged that tasters tend to have short life spans for the reasons I had mentioned earlier in the thread.

I do like that that figures look like something that could exist though obviously the action features would be omitted completely.

Thanks for doing this LP, this was fun.

• Locked thread