Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

EVIL NOONER posted:

look at that mess those dudes made over the land. they took over that government building for weeks. i imagine a lot more people and a lot more deranged people at that would be mad over this

that being said i dont think anything will actually happen

that militia was a small squad of rowdy campers, who the fbi left alone because eventually they would run out of ramen, or get bored. also a couple of them tried to pull a gun and got owned, and they didn't do anything to retaliate.

it might happen again, and we will probably ignore them until they disperse.

or we send in cops with horses and pepper spray and everyone acts shocked on facebook for a week :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Gazpacho posted:

lmao get out this weekend, both of you

No worries, I'm not losing any sleep over the possibility the Donald might actually win :v:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Gore: "Hmm, I wouldn't want to be rude about this. Okay George, you can be president. How bad could it be?"

Bush: *thumbs up while flying into twin towers*

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Every part of the Trunp phenomena is caused by the media's "ratings = money, money = good" attitude. They could make this entire thing disappear overnight if they wanted.

"...and before we go, here's a look at the lighter side! This squirrel was taught by his owner to ride a skateboard! A crazy man thinks he's president of America even though not enough people voted for him! And watch this hummingbird get more than it bargened for when it tries to suck honey from a beehive! That's all folks, see you next time."

But that won't happen. We're capitalists which means wealth equals worth so the circus of false outrage will continue until my country crumbles to dust.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's not so much if he doesn't accept the election. It's if everyone starts doing it, year after year, so it becomes normal. That's how you get President Tinpot refusing to step down because nobody can prove the election wasn't rigged and besides the opposition are all in prison now.

Oh and hey the prison thing is also something Trump wants to do!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

People on both sides always whine that the system is rigged when they lose. Just look back at how democrats reacted to the gore/bush election. It's just weird to hear one of the candidates joining in on the whining.

It doesn't/shouldn't really matter though, and all the reports acting like hes calling for a revolution and undermining democracy or whatever are extremely overblown. He is just upset about losing and doesn't have the verbal filter to keep these fairly normal thoughts in his head since they make him look like a whiny child.

The difference with Gore was he said it was rigged AFTER the election and also millions of votes disappeared. Trump is just sowing seeds of discourse for his brain dead hillbilly supporters.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Trump says he lost due to cheating. Throughout the country good old boys drag their coolers and lawn chairs to the entrance of the trailer park, lay a shotgun across their laps, and vow to shoot the first goddam commie hippy that comes up the gravel road. Later in the day Sheriff Grubbs comes along and tells them to move it indoors because they're scaring the chickens. Basically it'll be like the fourth of July without a three day weekend.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Strategic Tea posted:

It's not so much if he doesn't accept the election. It's if everyone starts doing it, year after year, so it becomes normal. That's how you get President Tinpot refusing to step down because nobody can prove the election wasn't rigged and besides the opposition are all in prison now.

Oh and hey the prison thing is also something Trump wants to do!

Good. We've picked apart our rights in the name of expediency for too long, we're done

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah how horrifying, Trump is going to tweet at Hillary a bunch saying send her to jail, his supporters will continue hating her and maybe there will be a half-hearted riot or two after the election results are in, but the vast majority of people will grudgingly move on with life and blame her for everything that goes wrong just like they did the past 8 years with Obama.

Nobody is going to start an uprising against the government or whatever, if they were going to do that they would have done it already, so relax.

I'm not afraid there's going to be some sort of uprising; I'm afraid that American political rhetoric has become so poisonous and nonsensical that nobody will be able to get anything done for the foreseeable future. This makes me sad because America really is the sort of place where people with diverse opinions and backgrounds can work together and make great accomplishments (due to our comparatively fluid class structure). It is a big, largely empty, relatively underpopulated country with incredible quality of life and the safest and most plentiful food production and distribution network in human history. If only we weren't such gigantic assholes.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Gazpacho posted:

lmao if gore really wanted to be gracious and really didn't want the courts intervening, maybe he should have conceded election night and not petitioned them in the first place

Just because Gore is a decent human being doesn't mean he's stupid. He conceded after the court's decision; that's what I said. Trump would never do that - unless Clinton wins with a ten point lead he will never technically concede the election. Mark my words. He'll make it into a thing he can spin off into a cable network run by Ailes and breitbart or something.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

EVIL NOONER posted:

look at that mess those dudes made over the land. they took over that government building for weeks. i imagine a lot more people and a lot more deranged people at that would be mad over this

that being said i dont think anything will actually happen

I really really hope when trump loses that we get a whole lot of tarp wearing hillbillies going nuts and bird watching stations (or whatever the gently caress) occupied. That was reaaaaal funny, and that one dude tried to quick-draw McGraw on some FBI agents and got put down hard. Lol what a country.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

935 posted:

Every part of the Trunp phenomena is caused by the media's "ratings = money, money = good" attitude. They could make this entire thing disappear overnight if they wanted.

"...and before we go, here's a look at the lighter side! This squirrel was taught by his owner to ride a skateboard! A crazy man thinks he's president of America even though not enough people voted for him! And watch this hummingbird get more than it bargened for when it tries to suck honey from a beehive! That's all folks, see you next time."

But that won't happen. We're capitalists which means wealth equals worth so the circus of false outrage will continue until my country crumbles to dust.

Hillarys campaign has more money than trump and her supporters are much much richer

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

bad day posted:

I'm not afraid there's going to be some sort of uprising; I'm afraid that American political rhetoric has become so poisonous and nonsensical that nobody will be able to get anything done for the foreseeable future. This makes me sad because America really is the sort of place where people with diverse opinions and backgrounds can work together and make great accomplishments (due to our comparatively fluid class structure). It is a big, largely empty, relatively underpopulated country with incredible quality of life and the safest and most plentiful food production and distribution network in human history. If only we weren't such gigantic assholes.

It's that diversity that makes it so we can't talk to eavh other and all hate each other

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Gazpacho posted:

lmao get out this weekend, both of you

You're not the boss of me anymore, Dad!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I heard it during the debate, and now I keep hearing about it in the news. It's not like during the republican primary where they were worried he would gently caress up their vote by running third party, if he loses the election he's lost the election. It's not like he has a private army ready to march on Washington if the results aren't in their favor. Why even ask the question, or care about the answer?

He pretty much does have his own private army though. It's an utter joke and it's never actually going to amount to the slightest threat against the state, but that doesn't mean they couldn't make a couple messes if they were motivated enough.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
He says stuff to get attention because he thinks any publicity is good publicity. Stuff like this thread, and the media, consistently talking about him probably makes his dick hard.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Gazpacho posted:

really the way the question was presented and followed up was stupid. trump in a rare instance of restraint said he would react according to circumstances. then the followup was "butbut we need a peaceful transition" as if they heard trump promise to call out the brownshirts

Yeah you kind of have a point. I mean did Gore concede on election day? Nope.

But that's more a theoretical point. The fact is Donald Trump is just a big loser crybaby and that's why he's doing this.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If white conservatives want to start an insurrection there isn't going to be a better time than now. It's not like their numbers are increasing.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

NotWearingPants posted:

It's not like their numbers are increasing.

Well, maybe by weight.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

bad day posted:

(due to our comparatively fluid class structure)

this isnt actually true btw

unless you mean like relative to zimbabwe instead of relative to the rest of the western first world

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 22, 2016

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Straight White Shark posted:

Well, maybe by weight.

I've got bad news for you. Being overweight is considered progressive and brave now.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
I think Wallace was throwing Trump an incredible opportunity on purpose that Trump couldn't figure out in the moment at the debate.

Calling the election rigged at ralies is one thing, that fires up the base. Wallace was giving him a shot to walk it back to an audience of 60 million people most of which aren't his base and some of which are undoubtedly undecided, and he whiffed a great soft pitch.

I think Wallace drilled down on it assuming he would get the hint, not that he would double down on it and ruin his entire debate performance for swing voters, and give the media a frenzy of headlines he now has to chase down for weeks.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 22, 2016

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Trump's installed nukes into his buildings all over the country and soon we're all gonna be fired.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
didn't the FBI thwart a domestic terror attack against Somali immigrants like a week ago

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
As an observer, I want Trump to win. I mean, we are already a laughingstock, why not go full retard.

The only reason I can think of that Hillary needs to win is SCOTUS. But in the long run, I think it would actually be in the US's best interest for Trump to win. Things are not changing. They are getting worse. We need some sort of spark to get us on the path towards what is working all over Europe. Hillary winning is just more of the same.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Waltzing Along posted:

As an observer, I want Trump to win. I mean, we are already a laughingstock, why not go full retard.

The only reason I can think of that Hillary needs to win is SCOTUS. But in the long run, I think it would actually be in the US's best interest for Trump to win. Things are not changing. They are getting worse. We need some sort of spark to get us on the path towards what is working all over Europe. Hillary winning is just more of the same.

we had to destroy the village in order to save it

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

Look at Vladimir Lenin here and his "worse the better" philosophy. I like it.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

bad day posted:

What happened in 2000 was Gore technically won the election and was cheated out of it by Supreme Court fuckery so he graciously conceded the election. Because he is a decent human being and recognizes democracy is not a winner-take-all kind of game.

And look where this bipartisan grab-rear end mentality got us. Fucker should have stuck it out.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope Trump goes into a tirade about revolution on election night(like he did when Romney lost) and his own secret service arrest him.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Al Gore posted:

Now the U.S. Supreme Court has spoken. Let there be no doubt, while I strongly disagree with the court's decision, I accept it. I accept the finality of this outcome which will be ratified next Monday in the Electoral College. And tonight, for the sake of our unity as a people and the strength of our democracy, I offer my concession. I also accept my responsibility, which I will discharge unconditionally, to honor the new President-elect and do everything possible to help him bring Americans together in fulfillment of the great vision that our Declaration of Independence defines and that our Constitution affirms and defends.

Wuss

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

Tolkien minority posted:

this isnt actually true btw

unless you mean like relative to zimbabwe instead of relative to the rest of the western first world

i mean, it might not be true for you, but i was able to move up from the class I was born in because ~bootstraps~ or whatever

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

The only reason I can think of that Hillary needs to win is SCOTUS.

Lol. Like there is going to be any new appointments to the Supreme Court in the next four years. Until one party holds all the stops, there won't be a successful nomination.

The excuse given before was "well this president is leaving, the people will decide when they vote for the next president" but that excuse hinged on the assumption that the Republicans were going to win the election. Now they are going to change the excuse to "well Clinton is under investigation and it wouldn't be right for her to nominate judges that will be eventually hearing her case".

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Underwhelmed posted:

Lol. Like there is going to be any new appointments to the Supreme Court in the next four years. Until one party holds all the stops, there won't be a successful nomination.

The excuse given before was "well this president is leaving, the people will decide when they vote for the next president" but that excuse hinged on the assumption that the Republicans were going to win the election. Now they are going to change the excuse to "well Clinton is under investigation and it wouldn't be right for her to nominate judges that will be eventually hearing her case".

This is reliant on the Republicans even keeping control of the senate.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
accelerationism, the whitest ideology

btw Gore is stupid and he deserved to lose

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Gazpacho posted:

it's because they know we're just well off enough to survive the crunch :smuggo:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

weak wrists big dick posted:

i mean, it might not be true for you, but i was able to move up from the class I was born in because ~bootstraps~ or whatever

that's an ancedote, plenty of people in canada and the uk and france and sweden and japan and all over the world do that too. in reality we really aren't any better than any other first world nation (worse than many) from what little research has been done. here's an article on the subject http://www.salon.com/2015/03/07/the_myth_destroying_america_why_social_mobility_is_beyond_ordinary_peoples_control/

also heres a wiki article on the subject
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socio-economic_mobility_in_the_United_States

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Gazpacho posted:

Maybe he did deserve to lose, but the fact is he didn't.

Or the fact is he did. It depends on how you want to look at it. He certainly didn't end up president, after all.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gazpacho posted:

Well, he did win the popular vote, but lost because the election system is rigged in a way that means not every vote is of equal worth.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I heard it during the debate, and now I keep hearing about it in the news. It's not like during the republican primary where they were worried he would gently caress up their vote by running third party, if he loses the election he's lost the election. It's not like he has a private army ready to march on Washington if the results aren't in their favor. Why even ask the question, or care about the answer?

I took what he said as seriously as I did when Hillary was outright "horrified" about various things. She should really seek therapy if she is so fragile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
This entire election cycle has been based on concern trolling and really hamming up manufactured outrage.

• Locked thread