Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Two small markets duking it out this morning, makes sense there's no thread yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
larry donnell is the biggest sack of crap of a tight end

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

you jerk, I was making a thread I just needed the perfect Brexit joke

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Giants doing Giant things before the GDT is up :D

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Why is this game being marketed as Thursday Night Football?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I will take football, no matter how lovely.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Roger Goddel

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

EvilHawk posted:

It's Thursday in London. That's how the world works.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hopefully this ends up being as epic as the last London game.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

"Oklahoma, Texas Tech combine for FBS-record 1,708 yards"

college football

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Also the NFL seem really dumb when scheduling these London games. Each one is up against a very big soccer game, each one involving another London team. Presumably a large part of the International Series is to expand the popularity of the game in the respective country, so this is a really bad move.

It's not as if the Premier League doesn't have three international breaks within two weeks of the games either, surely they could have slotted them in then?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

incompetent posted:

It's Thursday in London. That's how the world works.

Imagine four days of the week at the edge of a cliff.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Two fumbles in the first three minutes, game has promise.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

EvilHawk posted:

Also the NFL seem really dumb when scheduling these London games. Each one is up against a very big soccer game, each one involving another London team. Presumably a large part of the International Series is to expand the popularity of the game in the respective country, so this is a really bad move.

It's not as if the Premier League doesn't have three international breaks within two weeks of the games either, surely they could have slotted them in then?

All those games are sold out and it might be smart to keep the local (London) demand down to give people from the rest of Europe a chance to attend.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
probably an interception if JPP has more than one hand

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

GaussianCopula posted:

All those games are sold out and it might be smart to keep the local (London) demand down to give people from the rest of Europe a chance to attend.

I mean TV audience. Admittedly the game is on free-to-air BBC as opposed to the soccer games on Sky, but if this was the only sport on right now it would get a much bigger media share.

Nice catch

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The NFL started this game before dawn in their shiny new market

What the gently caress are you doing NFL

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Spoeank posted:

Bonus points for either the first or second largest market.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Reminder: Victor Cruz has the best selling jersey in Vermont

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Promoting their GamePass(US) offer

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Traveled all this way just to see Donnell fumble.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Giants defense unable to contain the power of Case Keenum

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Rams look good.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that wasn't a good hit to take

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Rams look good.

That's just the London effect.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I thought this one would be on CBS, but I guess they're trying to cover up their humiliating error in judgement that is putting the nfl in london The Scumbag Kicker.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Giants are trash, wish I was still sleeping.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Magnetic North posted:

I thought this one would be on CBS, but I guess they're trying to cover up their humiliating error in judgement that is putting the nfl in london The Scumbag Kicker.

I love how the German broadcast is only speaking about OBJ since the game started, never even mentioning the name Josh Brown.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

He'll feel that hit it in the morning.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Pretty cool seeing this played in Twickenham

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
why did jeff fisher waste a timeout there?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is going to be the shortest GDT of the season.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

the New York Giants have a pre-snap signal that is "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP"

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Vic!

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Goddammit Rams

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

blue squares posted:

the New York Giants have a pre-snap signal that is "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP"

Really? I haven't been able to make out what it was but I thought it might be that

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

.... good as gould?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NattyBo posted:

Really? I haven't been able to make out what it was but I thought it might be that

I think so. No doubt its a semi-racist play on The Wall and blocking

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I like the wave guy from that commercial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

uh i forgot today was a game in london town but i'd like to speak for a moment about something serious. The bengals need to get back on track. and frankly, as a wise man once said, it's not just one thing. It's like telling the Scaups apart or coopers and sharp-shinned hawk. It's a mistake to rely on one thing most of the time. They need to Focus and but also make themselves at home, and more. so from today onward things are going to be different. its time to pray to the shrine and get the season back on track

here is the protocol:

1. Pass through the torii gate. All shrines have a torii gate, even if they do not have a main sanctuary housing the spirit of a deity.
2. Purify your hands and mouth at the "temizuya" water pavilion.
3. At the altar, bow twice, clap your hands twice, and then bow once to pray.

goodbyte for now

• Locked thread