Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Why is this game being marketed as Thursday Night Football?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Also the NFL seem really dumb when scheduling these London games. Each one is up against a very big soccer game, each one involving another London team. Presumably a large part of the International Series is to expand the popularity of the game in the respective country, so this is a really bad move.

It's not as if the Premier League doesn't have three international breaks within two weeks of the games either, surely they could have slotted them in then?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

GaussianCopula posted:

All those games are sold out and it might be smart to keep the local (London) demand down to give people from the rest of Europe a chance to attend.

I mean TV audience. Admittedly the game is on free-to-air BBC as opposed to the soccer games on Sky, but if this was the only sport on right now it would get a much bigger media share.

Nice catch

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

That was such a cool run

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Serotonin posted:

Sadly I dont think we get Redzone here in the UK and gently caress the Patriots.

Redzone is on Sky Sports 4 (I think), or the red button fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

trash person posted:

What kind of concessions do they sell at London NFL games anyway?

Foodwise or other? I've not been to Twickenham but Wembley has standard stadium food, burgers pies and hot dogs. And overpriced beer.

• Locked thread