Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cavauro posted:

uh i forgot today was a game in london town but i'd like to speak for a moment about something serious. The bengals need to get back on track. and frankly, as a wise man once said, it's not just one thing. It's like telling the Scaups apart or coopers and sharp-shinned hawk. It's a mistake to rely on one thing most of the time. They need to Focus and but also make themselves at home, and more. so from today onward things are going to be different. its time to pray to the shrine and get the season back on track

here is the protocol:

1. Pass through the torii gate. All shrines have a torii gate, even if they do not have a main sanctuary housing the spirit of a deity.
2. Purify your hands and mouth at the "temizuya" water pavilion.
3. At the altar, bow twice, clap your hands twice, and then bow once to pray.

goodbyte for now

i didnt read the rest of this thread did marsh quote this yet hey marsh quote this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i know the ravens already lost a starter but im gonna need them to Stop getting injured. dont do it anymore. do less of it. get...not injured.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Even cursed teams sometimes win. Sometimes cursed teams are even good.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ehud posted:

The NFL is the biggest joke. I hate this stupid no tolerance for celebrating rule.

steve smith can spin the ball after every play cause of the ravens golden boy status

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ehud posted:

not anymore!

well golden boy status doesnt stop injuries but he was doing it every single time he caught the ball just like always earlier this year

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Bill Dungsroman posted:

lol I mean Geno Smith, how do you let that happen

i do not think the qb has much to do with a dumpoff into a zone being taken in for a td but i guess i have eyes, ears, coherent thoughts and feelings so what do i know

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its ok cause i lied about the last part of that list of things i have anyway

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Should've been a penalty there.

the insanely late hit oob on flacco? yeah

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah that's what I meant.

Another awesome kick in heavy winds for Tucker.

hook them

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Eh, without the hold the play doesn't happen, so I can see why they'd make the call. If it had been on the other side of the field then it would be a bad call.

yeah that was a blatant hold, i do wish blatant holds were consistently called but you cant be mad when one is called

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i miss geno smith cause hes so loving bad it didnt matter the ravens got 0 pressure

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

everytime the ravens get gashed up the middle i miss cj mosley more. both tds have come in spots where he likely would have been in coverage instead of one of two slower lbs rip

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

That's PI, but he was playing the ball so less likel to be called.

i mean yeah you cant hit the wr in the head, armbar him then climb ontop of him before the ball is even close to getting there but i agree its never going to be called on that kind of fully stopped jump ball

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

The offensive player doesn't have more right to a ball than the defensive player. If you are making a play on the ball, you are not nearly as likely to be called for PI.

That said, I do think interference should have been called there.

im not gonna argue with this anymore but thats not what making a play on the ball means, at least in context of that play. the ball was not there yet, just cause hes moving in the theoretical direction of the ball its not making a play on the ball unless its there. he was just shoving wallace out of the way. i dont think its a penalty that will be called just cause of the optics and difficulty of deciding what is and isnt interference on a play where both guys are fully stopped waiting for the ball

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the most important thing to remember is that the ravens gave up a 69 yard td lmbo. 69

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Alaois posted:

that's the sex number

yeah it is

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

mike wallace is really good and i am not shocked even a little

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

This team is going to be bad for a decade. We've had bad drafts and need a new coach and QB. We are in deep trouble.

the ravens have had a bunch of good drafts actually especially this last one its real good

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah but we need guys who can catch the balls and make big plays.

*nods head* too many ben coates not enough big play shays

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I really hope Flacco is fixed next year. He hasn't stepped into more than 5 throws since returning from the ACL tear.

its hard to blame him for that, considering the line and the fact that hes throwing over 40 times a game.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cavauro posted:

hell now i've felt it. no one can take you in an argey (argument)

its important to match wits with the best and then lose cause ur a freakin idiot lmbo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cavauro posted:

its alright. i had my eyes closed while posting to see how well i could Do It.

messed with the best died like the rest

never post using all 5 senses its dangerous

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens had a good screen game like once in our whole time here. And that was when Ray Rice was doing good. And it was mostly because we could just give it to Rice and he would make guys miss and make the plays work.

BLOCKED field goal.

in my memory most of those were not screens, they were designed dumpoffs like what trestman was doing with pitta/juice

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

We can't win at thsi time. Best we can do is tie it.

a virtual victory

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i do remember them doing a lot of slow developing screens in like 09 or 10 that worked for 3 or 4 weeks then never again

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i dislike the patriots, and hope that they lose

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Magnetic North posted:

I know your owner shanked that kick but there's no reason to take it out on the team.

are you calling me a slave, a dog, or do you think steve bisciotti is the ravens kicker and that i have some sort of possession of him or vice versa

all in all :yikes:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Magnetic North posted:

No you're name's Ghost and the Pats kicker is Gostowski sometimes called Ghost and therefore

i dont entertain the concept of inferior kickers theres only one man with the horns to hook my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Fire your Harbaugh and pick up the other one after he beats Alabama in the National Championship.

why would we downgrade to a worse harbaugh? 3-0 in harbowls undefeated 4 life

• Locked thread