Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, Reaper's early history is a lot more colorful than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Why the hell are Thin Men suddenly a new enemy type in this game?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crowetron posted:

Y'know, sometimes, during the long shooty corridors I start to think "This is kinda a boring game outside of the aesthetics" and then something like that scene at the end of the train will happen and i'm back to being a goddamn Gungrave Superfan.

Same, but I just stay cautiously supportive of Chorps' videogame choices- thanks to the forbidden justu of the Uchiha clan, Izanami!- but it kinda seems to work out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

What're you guys talking about, there's nothing I'd need to change about anything. My game collection is f-

o-oh

oh god, its even worse than i thought

not a single Tales game

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

chorps only buys good emberassments

so where's metal gear rising?

I like how the picture is oriented just so so we can't see his overflowing closet full of Naruto games.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I would like to applaud Jay, for still persisting in making that joke, despite how much trouble it gave him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, we're one episode in and I'm already confused. Is Beyond the Grave a Stand or a Persona?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'That place must be wall-to-wall Seed!'

Gross. I thought this was an LP of the Gungrave series. This is sounding a lot lolike Overwatch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This episode is so long that I thought that Juji and Arby would be playable too.

Congrats on not going for the easy blacklight and Seed joke.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Twiggymouse posted:

Just as a heads up, both videos on Youtube are listed as (uncut).

And (unrated!).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This game is starting to feel like you should get a weapon upgrade or a damage up power up or skill to buy or something, to me. Dunno why.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jukebox Hero posted:

IIRC you unlock four levels of shots and melee, it's just in the bonus options instead of anywhere sane.

Well that helps. The sudden reveal of the charge shots kinda helps but it's annoying to charge like the shields and this is aggressively not a game you should be hiding behind cover in.

ChorpSaway posted:

They're different enough that I'll show off at least part of a level with each of them once the story updates are done.

Wait, there actually are multiple playable characters? From your last comment on it, I thought you were saying 'Oh man, boy wouldn't that be cool.'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

I was just lamenting the fact that during the "three unrelated missions as one level" video I should have played as each of them for one of the levels. You can play as Rocketbilly and Juji after you beat the game once.

Oh so I misread the meaning someone had to their words on the internet again. Cool.

Jukebox Hero posted:

Also how are you planning to show off the costumes, if at all? They do change the audio as well(although not always for the better)

There's costumes in this game too?! :psyduck:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend, the reason you guys aren't more popular like those alcohol buddies is because none of you will attach yourself to a popular game like a ringworm and let that do the work. Not a single one of you has done a Dark Souls or Final Fantasy LP. I've never even heard of Gungrave before this!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

Please look forward to the eventual franchise-spanning Final Fantasy XV LP where we watch the movie and the anime and we do the VR Experience and we read the short story and we play the mobile tie-in games and also we eventually play the actual game maybe.

Awww cool. I bet Square Enix will have patched in the rest of the story by the time you're ready to put the game disc in too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

I have to wonder how much of the problem of fights dragging on too long and getting tedious would be solved by the game not hiding damage upgrades behind some random menus. It feels like the game expected you to upgrade between missions and scaled enemy HP accordingly.

I don't think Grave is nearly mobile enough for the combat now. He gets knocked over so easily and there's no real way to defend yourself against any of those bullets either.

Also, I called Spike not being a traitor but had no idea that he was going to be a clone. I'm kinda sad they didn't make Fangoram a gimmick boss with a near one-hit-kill attack though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rockopolis posted:

Wait, is Seed supposed to be like Captain America's Super Soldier Serum? It's been making monsters because all the users have been bloodthirsty assholes?

Eh, it's more like the C-Virus from Resident Evil 6. Or a Philosopher's Stone as far as Full Metal Alchemist is concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, RB and Juji look really fun to play. And RB has so much personality in all of his animations too. It's great.

• Locked thread