Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Radish posted:

I really appreciate the extra effort the witches put into tampering with candy. They already poisoned it all but you gotta make sure you put an evil curse on them too just to make sure.

The poison is just to kill the body, the curse is to send them to hell.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I always wondered why they talk about witchcraft and bullshit like that when its clearly not real. I assume its because the bible has magic in it and if magics not real=bible isn't real=god isn't real kinda deal. i remeber there was that one about the baby vampire that goes to bite the virgin Christian girl and she basically says that magic cant harm christians or some bullshit. so idk.

Interestingly the catholic church always denied that witchcraft was real, people got burnt for heresy if they insisted on saying that they had real powers instead of simply having been deceived by the devil as the inquisition "explained" to them. Even so there were very few executions of witches in the south, that was largely a protestant phenomenon.

I think there was even a papal bull instructing clerics that so called witches were insane and to have great care in their inquisition (by the standards of the time).

• Locked thread