Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

E-Tank posted:

Don't forget the movie adaptation of Dark Donjons. Which I swear to god knows how stupid the premise is and is taking the piss out of the entire thing.

Gee, you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, like, campy movies are generally funnier when the people making them think they're making something dreadfully serious.

The reviews for Dark Donjons do say that it's strengths are that the actors play it completely straight in the spirit of the original comic, but, not having seen it, I cannot judge for myself. If they pull that off, without winking at the camera too much, I'd actually be really impressed.

That's horse apples. They're all completely overacting and while nobody goes so far as to mug for the camera, they all sound like Chandler whenever they deliver any dramatic lines. That poo poo ain't no Lost Skeleton of Cadavra.

• Locked thread