Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

So he was literally traded for nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wait so they get a pick no different than the one they would receive for keeping him and letting him walk.

genius

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Brockenstein posted:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

So he was literally traded for nothing

the only explanation I've seen that made a lick of sense was it was sending a message to everyone else on the D that they do better or they too get shipped to the browns

basically making an example of him for free but what the gently caress did he do to warrant this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Wait so they get a pick no different than the one they would receive for keeping him and letting him walk.

genius

Probably a worse pick because who do the Browns have leaving as a FA that would get them a third round comp pick in 2018?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

tweet is gone

what did it say

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's the Darth Vader method of promotion.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm sure coaches know how to motivate players without cutting stars.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Brockenstein posted:

Probably a worse pick because who do the Browns have leaving as a FA that would get them a third round comp pick in 2018?

Jamie Collins?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

evilweasel posted:

Jamie Collins?

:master:

lol if the Patriots get literally the same pick they would have gotten anyway

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Madcosby posted:

tweet is gone

what did it say

It said the pick was actually for the 2018 draft.

But since it's been deleted, I'm starting to think it might not have been true.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cut Brady to motivate the lovely under-performing WRs. TIA.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Brockenstein posted:

:master:

lol if the Patriots get literally the same pick they would have gotten anyway

I think Bill may have done something out of anger and spite for once.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Cut Brady to motivate the lovely under-performing WRs. TIA.

Jimmy G is better anyway

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Laugh all you want but Bill turned Chris Hogan into a deep threat.

Actually laugh a lot because that's still loving hilarious to me.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fsif posted:

It said the pick was actually for the 2018 draft.

But since it's been deleted, I'm starting to think it might not have been true.

Yeah, I don't think that makes much sense because the Browns are almost certain to get comp picks in 2017 for the free agents they lost this year, but beyond that :iiam: so I don't see how they'd have a basis for a trade for 2018 comp picks at all.

But this trade is so dumb on the surface no matter what that I don't even know at this point.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I think Bill may have done something out of anger and spite for once.

This could still be true, but we have no indication at all of why he'd be so super turbo pissed off at a LB he always seemed to like just fine before.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just another Billy Five Aces interdimensional Poker bluff.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Laugh all you want but Bill turned Chris Hogan into a deep threat.

Actually laugh a lot because that's still loving hilarious to me.

Hate to quote my own post but I just looked it up and Avg per catch Gronkowski is #1 and Chris Hogan is #3 which is amazing to me.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/793200980368195584

OK, this is so loving byzantine that I don't even :psyduck:

It's a 2018 pick that's really a 2017 pick or another 2017 pick or some poo poo?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Watch Bill go to Cleveland after writing another resignation napkin

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Field is someone's first name?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/michaeldavsmith/status/792897072961912833

lol he's had a few gifs like this

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gynecolojustice posted:

Field is someone's first name?

Stream was just way too out there for his parents

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Kalli posted:

Alright, we need time to reload on hot Jamie Collins takes, so instead let's talk about how this isn't a catch:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CwHv9H-WEAAPYPF.mp4

Admittedly, I am a salty Cowboys fan, but I think this very similar to the Dez Jon-catch. Catch, three steps, ball comes out while reaching for the goal line. At least the stupidity is consistent.

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 31, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chichevache posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo?
He's getting paid and already got his ring. He's just coasting now.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Looks to me like a player who knows his limitations and is avoiding unnecessary injury.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

He's getting paid and already got his ring. He's just coasting now.

If he keeps this up for another season I hope it's enough to keep him out of the HoF. That's some weak rear end diva poo poo right there. Even Ochocinco, despite his flaws, was willing to go out and try to run block Ray loving Lewis.

Brannock posted:

Looks to me like a player who knows his limitations and is avoiding unnecessary injury.

Is he playing injured or something?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you never tackle anyone, you probably won't get injured!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

If you never tackle anyone, you probably won't get injured!

Words Deion Sanders lived by.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Chichevache posted:

If he keeps this up for another season I hope it's enough to keep him out of the HoF. That's some weak rear end diva poo poo right there. Even Ochocinco, despite his flaws, was willing to go out and try to run block Ray loving Lewis.

Is he playing injured or something?

Playing old, more like

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alright, I guess I'll withdraw my complaints for now. It probably isn't fair to compare everyone to Terrence Newman and Pacman.

Edit

Though if I expect any position to be able to make it to their 30s physically healthy it would be corners. They're not in the box getting hit every play the way linemen, linebackers, runningbacks, and TEs are.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Smart of him to save his tackles to use on an actual football team later in the season.

The Browns tackle themselves most the time, no need to use energy to stop them.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Probably shouldn't start a guy if he is physically unable to tackle a guy.

Also probably should retire if you feel you're physically unable to tackle a guy.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jets aren't making the playoffs this year, why should Revis shorten his lifespan with some unnecessary hits?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Tha Pats aren't facing any competition from any of the teams they play, so Bill is just manufacturing adversity for Brady's Revenge Tour

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i thought bill was dumb to let browner and revis go but man how did i doubt the guy after he didn't call that timeout.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

evilweasel posted:

the only explanation I've seen that made a lick of sense was it was sending a message to everyone else on the D that they do better or they too get shipped to the browns

basically making an example of him for free but what the gently caress did he do to warrant this

Hopefully he trades Gronk to the Jags for a lemon wedge next.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Alright, I guess I'll withdraw my complaints for now. It probably isn't fair to compare everyone to Terrence Newman and Pacman.

Edit

Though if I expect any position to be able to make it to their 30s physically healthy it would be corners. They're not in the box getting hit every play the way linemen, linebackers, runningbacks, and TEs are.

Yeah but so much of corner is being able to close the gap quickly and have the endurance to keep up with receivers play after play after play. The problem is guys like Revis want to be paid like lockdown corners when they're not any more and coaches naturally expect them to still play like one.

A guy like Revis could still be an amazing complimentary piece but paying him and expecting him to be the guy to cover the Julio Jones of the NFL at his age is a bit stupid.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Apparently Revis was charted as giving up 10 catches for 122 yards against the Browns as well.

So he may just be Manas Steak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He played very well against the Ravens then proceeded to get bitchmade by Terrell Pryor.

He'll get cut after this year and likely retire. Or he comes back at a 3rd the cost and tries to convert to safety, which seems unlikely given his lack of desire to hit things.

• Locked thread