Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00.htm

With yesterday's win, Brady is 176-51 in the regular season (postseason 22-9, 70.9%) for a win percentage of 77.5%.

Brady has 125 more wins than losses. Only five other quarterbacks even have 125 or more wins (Manning, Favre, Elway, Marino, Brees).

You know, after 2011 I was sure that Rodgers was on track to becoming GOAT. Even after the last few years I might concede that Brady/Manning had the better careers, but Rodgers played the game better than any other quarterback ever did. Between Rodgers's decline and Brady's performance this season and these absurd stats and the past 15 years and etc etc I don't think it's deniable anymore that Brady is the GOAT.

I concede. No mas. It's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Darrelle Revis at safety sounds like a terrible decision for everyone involved

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I haven't watched a lot of Revis but he never struck me as the sort of ball hawk type of player that could thrive at safety like Woodson did

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Still hope for Rodgers - dude still occasionally does the impossible even this season - but yeah Brady is pretty good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

I haven't watched a lot of Revis but he never struck me as the sort of ball hawk type of player that could thrive at safety like Woodson did

Nah, he's got (or had) really good ball skills. People figured out not to throw at him pretty early on.

I'd agree with Diva that the bigger issue would be run support/hitting people, Woodson (both Woodsons actually) were physical guys in a way that I don't think Revis has been.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I miss the old Revis vs Nnamdi Asomugha debates because they were really only similar in one way, the utter silence about them in games because why on earth would you ever throw at whomever they were covering? In like 2009-2010 they had been thrown at like 10 times each per season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

I miss the old Revis vs Nnamdi Asomugha debates because they were really only similar in one way, the utter silence about them in games because why on earth would you ever throw at whomever they were covering? In like 2009-2010 they had been thrown at like 10 times each per season.

I think half of Nnamdi's targets in a given season were Rivers and I hated every throw

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Kalli posted:

Then the mystery team signed him.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I just learned that the Bears are bringing in/have brought in an outside consultant to evaluate their football operations, from John Fox on down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I just learned that the Bears are bringing in/have brought in an outside consultant to evaluate their football operations, from John Fox on down.

The entirety of the consultation: "My God what have you been thinking?"

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I wonder if it's Ernie Accorsi again.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

He played very well against the Ravens then proceeded to get bitchmade by Terrell Pryor.

He'll get cut after this year and likely retire. Or he comes back at a 3rd the cost and tries to convert to safety, which seems unlikely given his lack of desire to hit things.

It's almost beyond belief what has happened to him. This was one of the all time great players, leaders and an ALL AROUND great player at the position and all of a sudden he's a fat gently caress who can't be bothered to tackle someone and gets destroyed every week by even bad WRs?

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 1, 2016

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I would trade this entire team player for player swap with the Browns.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kalli posted:

I miss the old Revis vs Nnamdi Asomugha debates ...

That reminds me, what happened to Patrick Peterson? He was getting a lot of hype last season but comparatively little this season.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Laugh all you want but Bill turned Chris Hogan into a deep threat.

Actually laugh a lot because that's still loving hilarious to me.

Chris Hogan was actually always pretty decent. Chris Hogan being white and playing in the AFC East meant that he was going to the Patriots and would become unstoppable.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Revis held the Jets hostage every offseason, became so obstinate the Jets were forced to trade him, helped their biggest rival get a Super Bowl ring, and is now killing their salary cap while dogging it.

If I were a Jets fan, I'd loving hate him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

Revis held the Jets hostage every offseason, became so obstinate the Jets were forced to trade him, helped their biggest rival get a Super Bowl ring, and is now killing their salary cap while dogging it.

If I were a Jets fan, I'd loving hate him.

They were not forced to trade him and individual players have nothing to do with goes on up there. That doesn't bother me. His play last year and this year does bother me.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

*taps pen against table*

"So Mr. Fox... what is it you'd say... you do here?"

"Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god drat players so the management doesn't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mcmagic posted:

They were not forced to trade him and individual players have nothing to do with goes on up there. That doesn't bother me. His play last year and this year does bother me.

that's a really cute kitty

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brannock posted:

That reminds me, what happened to Patrick Peterson? He was getting a lot of hype last season but comparatively little this season.

Carson Palmer turned back into a pumpkin so now the Cardinals having a good defense is irrelevant. (He's probably the best corner in the game)

pasaluki posted:

Chris Hogan was actually always pretty decent. Chris Hogan being white and playing in the AFC East meant that he was going to the Patriots and would become unstoppable.

We're a Jordy Nelson and Dane Sanzenbacker away from a complete set.

mcmagic posted:

I agree with this. Revis had extreme contract demands, but he was that good, so why not? gently caress you, pay me. Plus, he went to the Buccaneers on a team friendly contract that'd only pay him when he was jesus level, and then the Buccs immediately bottomed out, so they instead cut him after a year and the Patriots were able to pay him huge money for 1 year and then he finally took a huge, long contract and is now old and making the bad kind of business decisions . So yeah, now is the only time anyone should be mad with him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Abugadu posted:

*taps pen against table*

"So Mr. Fox... what is it you'd say... you do here?"

"Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god drat players so the management doesn't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

Carson Palmer turned back into a pumpkin so now the Cardinals having a good defense is irrelevant. (He's probably the best corner in the game)

Don't forget moving the best nickle corner to loving safety full time because that makes sense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

that's a really cute kitty

Thx

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
best corner in the game wears red on Sundays, that much is definitely true

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Don't forget moving the best nickle corner to loving safety full time because that makes sense.

mathieu didn't look great in the slot when he was there and now he's hurt so it doesn't matter

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gynecolojustice posted:

Does that make Keenan Allen the best receiver in the game because of what he did to Peters?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Wilford Cutlery posted:

John Fox probably doesn't realize how lucky he is that the Cubs are in the world series and nobody is focused on the Bears. Next week is going to be a rude awakening for him.

I was listening to Boers and Bernstein and he said piecing things together from sources, there may be a reason Elway canned him immediately after the Super Bowl loss and that he creates a poo poo environment to work in. There were whispers of how he has been trying to consolidate power within the organization all year.

I think he is for sure getting fired at the end of the year. I also think this could be a situation where they don't wait until the end if something really crazy comes out. The Bears hate being embarrassed as an organization and that is the one thing that might make them pull the trigger on firing him early.

I remember thinking when he left Carolina that with the players strike and how the owner handled it, that it wasn't all his fault, although he handled the situation like a giant man baby. Then he goes to a Super Bowl, loses, and is fired. I'm curious about what is going to come out, but my instincts say that three shitshow situations in a row and the common denominator being John Fox means he is probably the problem. I will reserve judgement until we hear more.

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I would trade this entire team player for player swap with the Browns.

This is dumb. The Bears are way more talented across the board. I would trade head coaches in a heartbeat.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

a neat cape posted:

Does that make Keenan Allen the best receiver in the game because of what he did to Peters?

Peters was just getting Rivers comfortable

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/davidpwoods/status/793201977333211136

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gynecolojustice posted:

I mean Rashard Robinson has been pretty good for the Niners but

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/31/joe-thomas-trade-possibilities-boiling-down-to-giants-or-no-one/

quote:

Joe Thomas trade possibilities boiling down to Giants or no one

I wonder if the Giants and Reese would hold firm on their "Ereck Flowers must play LT" stance they had all offseason and make the best LT in football move to the right side if they acquired him

they're not going to acquire him

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Things you do when you know you got your rear end beat

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Marcus Peters is awesome as a neutral observer, it's like flipping a coin between busted coverage/int every play

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Sataere posted:

I was listening to Boers and Bernstein and he said piecing things together from sources, there may be a reason Elway canned him immediately after the Super Bowl loss and that he creates a poo poo environment to work in. There were whispers of how he has been trying to consolidate power within the organization all year.
Fox got the boot after the 2014 season after the Broncos simply just did not give a poo poo while playing in the divisional round against the Colts, but where things did take a turn for the worse was at the press conference following the Super Bowl loss versus the Seahawks when he nonchalantly admitted that he didn't prepare the team for the crowd noise and other intangible factors affecting the game and basically dismissed it as no big deal, which angered Elway.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

The 2010 FO Almanac had an entire section about Revis' 2009 season. The remarkable thing about it was how often he was targeted (top 5 in the league) while being dominant against #1 receivers. He had like a 25 QB rating against with over 100 targets. It was ridiculous.

Nnamdi was never targeted because why bother when he didn't shadow.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wasn't there a year when nnamdi was only targeted like 8 times or something

Matched up or not that's insane if accurate

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Marcus Peters is awesome as a neutral observer, it's like flipping a coin between busted coverage/int every play
Peters owns and will actually be the best CB in the NFL when he gets his flaws ironed out. Seems like teams are going away from him before that happens.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

re: "I trust Bill Belichick no matter what!! Pats must know something we don't!"

https://twitter.com/pp_rich_hill/status/793229707449868288

he often makes poor personnel decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Bills fans are rightfully bitter about Peters because he stole Ronald Darby's shine last year

• Locked thread