Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

FizFashizzle posted:

Remember when people thought Trent baalke was good lmao

Kaepernick was balling and the defense was insane and that Oline was incredible. Hell, they starting running up the score by taking injury guys in the draft just because they had the depth to do so.

I mean it's all great pending your QB doesn't stay woke and your Oline doesn't fall apart and your LBs don't retire en masse and none of your injury picks pan out and scare off your elite HC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wasn't Kap a complete Harbaugh project?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Ryan Pace strikes me as the kind of GM who would pull such a move
Pace was such a hot commodity as a GM prospect that year for some reason when all the signs were there that the Saints were a poo poo run organization.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

At best they'll get like a conditional 6th that could become a 5. He sucks.

Maybe I'm overvaluing Torrey Smith because my team is trying decide which practice squad member to promote to starting receiver this week, but I'd give up a fourth for him without thinking twice.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fsif posted:

Maybe I'm overvaluing Torrey Smith because my team is trying decide which practice squad member to promote to starting receiver this week, but I'd give up a fourth for him without thinking twice.

for a fourth rounder you gotta hope you can find a disgruntled WR and get back something like Brandon Marshall or Randy Moss. no way should you spend a 4th on a 27 year old, mediocre WR.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

indigi posted:

for a fourth rounder you gotta hope you can find a disgruntled WR and get back something like Brandon Marshall or Randy Moss. no way should you spend a 4th on a 27 year old, mediocre WR.

I would give up a first-rounder for 2007 Randy Moss. I don't think that's a realistic bar to set for fourth rounders.

I just looked at Smith's contract, though, and no, I would not want to give up a fourth for his cap hit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

Remember when people thought Trent baalke was good lmao

Only idiots thought this. I was saying for years his ACL picks were rotting the team from the inside out and his insistence on a billion 4th round or later WRs and CBs was terrible.

Edit: and he did fight Harbaugh on Kaepernick and his good draft picks were all McCloughan cheat sheet picks (Davis, Iupati, Bowman). He inherited a helluva squad then immediately tried to zig so hard he got AJ Jenkins.

Also the entire 2012 draft. The whole thing. Top to bottom.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 25, 2016

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

fsif posted:

I would give up a first-rounder for 2007 Randy Moss. I don't think that's a realistic bar to set for fourth rounders.

I just looked at Smith's contract, though, and no, I would not want to give up a fourth for his cap hit.

A first rounder for Randy Moss coming off his 2006 season in Oakland would have been bananas. He was a 30 year old speed receiver who had been dealing with nagging injuries over the last three years. The only team at that time that would have been crazy enough to trade a first rounder for Randy Moss would have been the Oakland Raiders.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

WHOOPS posted:

A first rounder for Randy Moss coming off his 2006 season in Oakland would have been bananas. He was a 30 year old speed receiver who had been dealing with nagging injuries over the last three years. The only team at that time that would have been crazy enough to trade a first rounder for Randy Moss would have been the Oakland Raiders.

Well, yes, I know. My point was that a fourth-rounder being valued at Randy Moss or Brandon Marshall is misleading because they ended up being historically great trades.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My Jason La Canfora alarm went off. Just chiming in to say screw that guy, I hope he gets fired and has to serve up hot takes for hot soup.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quick reads: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-7-quick-reads

quote:

I'd like to thank NFL Research for doing my job for me: Osweiler's 3.2 yards per pass attempt vs. Denver is the third-fewest in a single game by a player with 40-plus attempts in the Super Bowl era. The only players worse than Osweiler: Jesse Palmer and Bruce Gradkowski. Other names in the bottom ten include rookie Peyton Manning and Joe Flacco and Eli Manning in the years they won Super Bowls, so let's not bench Osweiler just yet. On the other hand, it was Osweiler's third game this season with at least 40 passes and fewer than 5.0 yards per attempt. Since the birth of the AFL in 1960, only one quarterback has thrown so many passes with such little efficiency more often in a complete season: Joey Harrington, who did it four times in his second season in 2003. Osweiler is one game away from that record and it's not even Halloween.

Feels like the bottom for DYAR is just a giant pile of suck this week.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ehud posted:

wouldn't rule out the dolphins inquiring on me to come play LB

Gunna send my saint thomas aquinas hs football tape over.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

Quick reads: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-7-quick-reads

Bradford and Wentz both got significant opponent adjustments and still finished with negative DYARs :laugh:

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

WHOOPS posted:

Bradford and Wentz both got significant opponent adjustments and still finished with negative DYARs :laugh:

The defenses are good and they both were bad.

Becoming more suspect more often of Football "Air Yards" Outsiders, although I suppose it's mostly Cian Fahey and Scott Kacsmar, who won't stand up to even the tiniest amount of legitimate scrutiny in their analyses. They'll just block you rather than have a discussion, even when they run a follow up article that runs counter to hypotheses.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, it's just a funny quirk.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

tbh I was impressed with Wentz in that game. he had a couple rookie picks and held onto the ball too long at first, but kept his composure and never looked rattled. he even gave Kelce a talking to on the sidelines about the snaps without flipping out, and when he had the opportunity to make plays, he did. he never looked like a world-beater, but after the first quarter I think he looked about as well as you could expect a rookie to look against that defense.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey guys

Has anyone told Intruder

SHOULD
HAVE
PAID
BROCK

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Abugadu posted:

N: Packers put Abbrederis on IR, bring up Geronimo Allison.

V: While I will greatly miss Abby, Geronimo is an awesome WR with an awesome name.

Abby is probably done, I think. The IR isn't because of a serious injury but he was going to be out for a few games and they wanted to free up a roster spot without cutting him. But he's been injured so much in the past three seasons, I don't think his body is capable of withstanding the rigors of playing in the NFL.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Badfinger posted:

The defenses are good and they both were bad.

Becoming more suspect more often of Football "Air Yards" Outsiders, although I suppose it's mostly Cian Fahey and Scott Kacsmar, who won't stand up to even the tiniest amount of legitimate scrutiny in their analyses. They'll just block you rather than have a discussion, even when they run a follow up article that runs counter to hypotheses.

Cian Fahey is a loving baby who would trade Stafford for Bradford straight-up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Cian Fahey is a hot take cannon who chooses to die on the most random hills (Tanne, for example). He also shows one random RG3 throw from before he broke and goes "you're basically functionally retarded if you don't want him as your QB" then blocks you if you disagree.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Forte 2nd in DYAR despite 3.3 y/c.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

no idea how this works but it has Tannehill in the top ten so it seems credible

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/790942430036127744
Sheldon Richardson to the Colts for a 1st and Brandon Marshall to the Chiefs for a 2nd. I take those both immediately.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Please do not trade with the Chiefs tia

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The hell are the Chiefs gonna do with Brandon Marshall?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/790942430036127744
Sheldon Richardson to the Colts for a 1st and Brandon Marshall to the Chiefs for a 2nd. I take those both immediately.

I guess I would trade him for a 1st but watching be an all pro somewhere else for 6 years isn't really going to be fun.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

The hell are the Chiefs gonna do with Brandon Marshall?

How has Jeremy Maclin been this year? Wide open and not thrown to?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Spoeank posted:

Cian Fahey is a hot take cannon who chooses to die on the most random hills (Tanne, for example). He also shows one random RG3 throw from before he broke and goes "you're basically functionally retarded if you don't want him as your QB" then blocks you if you disagree.

Yeah but he is right about Tannehill. Also good luck arguing with that accent.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Are the Jets pressed for cap space? Otherwise it's idiotic to trade away a 25 year old burgeoning star for a first round pick so you can gamble on drafting a young burgeoning star.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs WR corps is turning out pretty decent this year. Maclin has seen his targets fall because guys like Conley and Tyreek Hill are turning into pretty good WRs. Brandon Marshall is better than all 3 of them but its not a huge need or anything.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hollywood Kevin Hogan is starting for the browns Hydra on sunday.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The AFC West continues to be the best division in the AFC by far

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

All he says is that Tannehill is good (he says the 10-14 range IIRC) when he's protected :shrug:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Like remember when Percy Harvin was traded for a first round pick? Putting Harvin's personality and team-fit issues aside for a moment, the Vikings used that first round pick to draft Percy Harvin's replacement, who went on to bust after several years of coaching and investment.

First round picks aren't as valuable as young players who are confirmed to be actually good at football. The calculus changes if that player isn't essential to your team, or if you plan to turn that pick into a player at a different position (say, quarterback), but I'm not under the impression that the Jets defensive line is particularly deep...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Brannock posted:

Are the Jets pressed for cap space? Otherwise it's idiotic to trade away a 25 year old burgeoning star for a first round pick so you can gamble on drafting a young burgeoning star.
Not really, but there's no place to place him. Wilkerson, Leonard Williams, and Sheldon all play the same 3-tech/5-tech position depending on base package so we've been stuck having to play Richardson at linebacker when all 3 are healthy.

It's a waste and we'd be better served turning him into a top pick that can be used on the secondary, offensive line, or packaged in a trade up for a QB.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 25, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

a neat cape posted:

The AFC West continues to be the best division in the NFL by far

its not even close

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

The AFC West continues to be the best division in the AFC by far

Gynecolojustice posted:

its not even close
:respek:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Brannock posted:

Like remember when Percy Harvin was traded for a first round pick? Putting Harvin's personality and team-fit issues aside for a moment, the Vikings used that first round pick to draft Percy Harvin's replacement, who went on to bust after several years of coaching and investment.

First round picks aren't as valuable as young players who are confirmed to be actually good at football. The calculus changes if that player isn't essential to your team, or if you plan to turn that pick into a player at a different position (say, quarterback), but I'm not under the impression that the Jets defensive line is particularly deep...

The Vikings used that pick to draft a shut down corner, then gave up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounder to draft a future Hall of Fame Kick Returner/Gunner, please get it right :colbert:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

How has Jeremy Maclin been this year? Wide open and not thrown to?

Eh, he gets targets, but not a ton. We're a run first offense if things are firing well, and our WRs are definitely way better than they have been.

I see no point in investing in Brandon Marshall by the Chiefs, even if we did want to take the cap hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I was trying to be a little hyperbolic. Cripes.

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/790937201118961664

• Locked thread