Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

aka 4 Shirley Temple breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

gently caress Byron Scott.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:munch:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/790568826802929664

the Pistons' confrontationally bland #DetroitBasketball almost loops around into being good
#OwnTheFuture sounds like they're punting on the next few years.

Good!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If the Sonics actually come back, Seattle fans better sell out the building for a decade.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Dead Kelly posted:

Watching the Habs probably prepares you pretty well to be a Raptors fan.

I get enough disappointment from the Blue Jays.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

If the Sonics actually come back, Seattle fans better sell out the building for a decade.

They are never coming back

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Metapod posted:

Why not?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

OKC stole their name and history

Actually I don't know if that's true, I think it is... http://seattle.sbnation.com/2012/2/20/2811279/nba-in-seattle-supersonics-team-name

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 25, 2016

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Adun posted:

I love college basketball but you really shouldn't even watch the first 2 months until league play starts and/or once the 1-and-done kids get acclimated

yeah, in NC where everyone freaks out about State/Duke(who is #1)/UNC, I get weird looks and called a bandwagoner because I refuse to watch Duke wash scrub teams until December (barring those tournaments like last year where we played michigan state like week 3, that was fun)

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

I enjoy basketball the sport and look forward to basketposting with you all ITT

I got into baseball and football and didn't really pay much attention to preseason, but I'm ready for hoops, especially after that Cardinals/Seahawks SNF game.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/McGrawDHBulls/status/790982632964141056

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

This team is going to be amazing.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

A reminder this sad loving sack is still around:

https://twitter.com/BringBackSonics/status/749997873723432961

and should be reminded every so often his team is gone.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I mean you can score two points, or three. Basketball has a wealth of options.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

can't say that I disagree

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dale Ouise posted:

I get enough disappointment from the Blue Jays.

The Raptors aren't disappointing, they're just interminably frustrating. They play basketball like it was 20 years ago, but somehow still win.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

You also have to pass the ball around a little to get the 3 point shot.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Dead Kelly posted:

The Raptors aren't disappointing, they're just interminably frustrating. They play basketball like it was 20 years ago, but somehow still win.

Oh. OH!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Fast Luck posted:

OKC stole their name and history

Actually I don't know if that's true, I think it is... http://seattle.sbnation.com/2012/2/20/2811279/nba-in-seattle-supersonics-team-name

It's sorta complicated:

http://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/5060/clay-bennett-didn-t-exactly-give-up-that-sonic-legacy

They have their intellectual property rights still, Bennett didn't take those. They can be the Supersonics again. if a new team comes in they could have shared history with Oklahoma, AKA, OKC and Seattle will have the same history. Bennett has also said he'd give back rights. Its worth noting OKC does not have gold tabs on their Jersey's despite Seattle's championship win, so I assume they'd have no concerns giving up the history.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgD2KjSAElg

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Dead Kelly posted:

Do I want Dwane Casey fired this is an important question.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Dale Ouise posted:

Do I want Dwane Casey fired this is an important question.

When you're away from the game, thinking things through, no. But most games will contain at least three instances where you will.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Dead Kelly posted:

I always thought that the Raptors have p good ball movement outside of Derozan. They always pass the Clippers to death when we play them

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

He's an OKC fan that says stuff like that.

But between this and the CBA this looks like it's

H
A
P
P
E
N
I
N
G

Looking forward to watching the first Seattle visit for the Steven Adams-led Thunder.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Please Eat A Vegetable posted:

The Houston Rockets are both my pride and my shame.

post more. i need other people to help me spread lies about how james harden plays good defense.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

We sound like we're NPR having a posting drive, but that's just because this is pretty much the least dead and dumb thread on these dead and dumb forums and I want it to last forever ever ever ever *echoes into eternity*

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

I always thought that the Raptors have p good ball movement outside of Derozan. They always pass the Clippers to death when we play them

There was an infographic that made the rounds last year showing the top 4 or 5 teams and how they succeeded in some important factors like passing and whatever. This was the one where it was hard to see the Warriors because they were basically coextensive with the outer boundary. Anyway, the Raptors were almost equally hard to see, because they barely made it out past the centre.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

We sound like we're NPR having a posting drive, but that's just because this is pretty much the least dead and dumb thread on these dead and dumb forums and I want it to last forever ever ever ever *echoes into eternity*

Also because lurking is silly. Express your smart/dumb opinion

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Athanatos posted:

A reminder this sad loving sack is still around:

https://twitter.com/BringBackSonics/status/749997873723432961

and should be reminded every so often his team is gone.

Is this the guy that used to go to nationally televised games in Sonics gear with big signs?

Lockback posted:

It's sorta complicated:

http://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/5060/clay-bennett-didn-t-exactly-give-up-that-sonic-legacy

They have their intellectual property rights still, Bennett didn't take those. They can be the Supersonics again. if a new team comes in they could have shared history with Oklahoma, AKA, OKC and Seattle will have the same history. Bennett has also said he'd give back rights. Its worth noting OKC does not have gold tabs on their Jersey's despite Seattle's championship win, so I assume they'd have no concerns giving up the history.

I'd assume OKC would just let them have the Sonics history and no longer recognize it for their own team. Nobody there should care about what Payton, Kemp, etc did. The only numbers I think they'd want intact at this point are Nick Collison, I can't imagine he holds many if any SEA/OKC franchise records.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

I try to convince people who aren't SA members to get an account and post here, but they won't because reddit is free and they think it's just as good.

:negative:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Metapod posted:

Also because lurking is silly. Express your smart/dumb opinion

Games should be decided by a dunking contest if it's still tied after 5 minutes of OT.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Kibner posted:

I try to convince people who aren't SA members to get an account and post here, but they won't because reddit is free and they think it's just as good.

:negative:
I wish members could give out one month long trial a year to someone #tastethedifference

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Dale Ouise posted:

Games should be decided by a dunking contest if it's still tied after 5 minutes of OT.

I like this man.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dale Ouise posted:

I'm all in on this idea

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

I'd assume OKC would just let them have the Sonics history and no longer recognize it for their own team. Nobody there should care about what Payton, Kemp, etc did. The only numbers I think they'd want intact at this point are Nick Collison, I can't imagine he holds many if any SEA/OKC franchise records.

I really, really want to be a fly in the wall when lawyers sit down to negotiate Nick Collison's historic 9pt, 9reb seasons.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Spoeank posted:

I've never been so excited about a sports thing as I am for the Russell Westbrook scorched earth campaign

How many games in until he's hurt? I kid, I kid

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Westbrook is going to average a triple double and OKC will win 37 games

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

I want my SAS tote bag then...

My dumb predictions:
76ers will more than double their 2015-16 win total
Clips will beat GS (once) during the season, and make it to the conference finals
GS will score more than half of their points from 3
Portland finishes ahead of OKC in the west
Knicks will somehow get into the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Westbrook is going to average a triple double and OKC will win 37 games

I'm pretty excited for this.

• Locked thread