Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

edit: I forget what I was replying to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i feel like girth should be incorporated into the dong graph. i feel like the rockets are a short, but girthy team, not sure why that's just what is in my heart

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/790568826802929664

the Pistons' confrontationally bland #DetroitBasketball almost loops around into being good

It's the arena announcer, Mason's, catchphrase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxnpSgMQai0

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm very excited for basketball tonight, if only to see the Knicks with a real head coach and actual support behind Melo and Zingis

the matchups I'm excited to see early on this year are Warriors-Bucks and Warriors-Wolves. both teams have length and size over the Warriors, and will give them a run for their money for sure

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

chunkles posted:

i feel like girth should be incorporated into the dong graph. i feel like the rockets are a short, but girthy team, not sure why that's just what is in my heart
girth should be passes, length dribbles

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

dokmo posted:

raptors lack of ball movement

I don't know if this makes the penis graph more or less appropriate.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Why doesn't NBA offer single team packages for League Pass anymore? I wanted to save a bit and just buy the Minnesota games.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
There's a parallel universe where Seattle's larger media market allows the Supersonics to keep Harden, and Durant finds a cool Pacific NW tattoo artist to put a bunch of rappers faces on him and decides to stay

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dale Ouise posted:

Why doesn't NBA offer single team packages for League Pass anymore? I wanted to save a bit and just buy the Minnesota games.

They do? It's called NBA Team Pass and it's $119
http://www.nba.com/leaguepass

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I want Seattle to get a team like next year and then somehow get Durant in the expansion draft.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

dokmo posted:

The Cavs were in the top half of most dribbles last year. The Warriors were dead last. Therefore, dribbling is good and ball movement is bad. Wrap it up sabermetricailures

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Spoeank posted:

I've never been so excited about a sports thing as I am for the Russell Westbrook scorched earth campaign

Unlurking, there's so much to love about this season.

Point Giannis and the wierd Bucks, point Harden and wierd Rockets, the hilarious Bulls, the hilarious Knicks, the GSW death machine, more LeBron, Aaron Gordon possibly dunking even more, Stephens maybe taking the Celtics to the next level, Process Embiid, and just entertaining pass and move basketball from lots of teams.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sharparoni posted:

The Cavs were in the top half of most dribbles last year. The Warriors were dead last. Therefore, dribbling is good and ball movement is bad. Wrap it up sabermetricailures

If you think about it dribbling is also a kind of ball movement except up and down

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

tarbrush posted:

point Harden and wierd Rockets

I love it that Houston spent years being mediocre in order to get enough assets to get Harden and are now back to being mediocre.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nerlens Noel chooses to have elective surgery the day before the season starts.

He's not going to play for the Sixers again I don't think.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

If you think about it dribbling is also a kind of ball movement except up and down
Unironically this

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Adun posted:

I love college basketball but you really shouldn't even watch the first 2 months until league play starts and/or once the 1-and-done kids get acclimated

Watching them get acclimated is the best part. ???

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Nerlens Noel chooses to have elective surgery the day before the season starts.

He's not going to play for the Sixers again I don't think.

Get hurt on company time, recoup on company dime. My man.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Shear Modulus posted:

You're passing the ball to the floor who is passing it back.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fast Luck posted:

OKC stole their name and history

Actually I don't know if that's true, I think it is... http://seattle.sbnation.com/2012/2/20/2811279/nba-in-seattle-supersonics-team-name

During the Sacramento relocation drama, I thought I remember man without a spine Chris Daniels was gushing over Clay Bennett letting them take their history and banners back

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

All lurkers and new NBA fans should jump on the Kings bandwagon I got spots saved for you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Get hurt on company time, recoup on company dime. My man.

https://twitter.com/pompeyonsixers/status/791010078975557632

The Sixers facility in Alabama

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WhyteRyce posted:

All lurkers and new NBA fans should jump on the Kings bandwagon I got spots saved for you

Don't get attached to any point guards though

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

WhyteRyce posted:

I work in Davis so it's probably more likely I would end up at a kings game than selling a kidney to go to a GSW game over the next few years.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Good luck, Bulls fans.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Lockback posted:

They do? It's called NBA Team Pass and it's $119
http://www.nba.com/leaguepass

nba app was holding out on me, fuckin hell

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

gotta watch that georgios papagiannis - his dad say he good, he better than all the nba player

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dale Ouise posted:

nba app was holding out on me, fuckin hell

You are right to want to watch MN primarily, but it seems like the extra $80 is worth it for getting the rest of the teams.

Minnesota is actually broadcasting all games this year! Which is notable because an actual NBA franchise was not broadcasting a handful of games up until now.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

BetterLekNextTime posted:

I work in Davis so it's probably more likely I would end up at a kings game than selling a kidney to go to a GSW game over the next few years.

There is apparently extended Yolo bus schedules/hours on game nights. So far, tickets to "non-desirable" games (i.e. Pelicans on a tuesday night) are relatively cheap on the secondary market. Alternatively let me know when you want to go to a game and I might have a spare ticket

Tae posted:

Don't get attached to any point guards though

Why would you ever want to get attached to the garbage we have at that position

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Quadrapellegiance posted:

gotta watch that georgios papagiannis - his dad say he good, he better than all the nba player

Georgios Papagiannis is not for second round! Have power for lottery pick

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

dokmo posted:

i would not expect the knicks or the rockets to have expectionally low dribble numbers cuz i feel like most of their offences were letting superstars work

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

WhyteRyce posted:

Um, no.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

This gives me the mental image getting onto an empty broken down bus that hasn't been cleaned in weeks and seeing a creepy old dude smile at me with crooked yellow teeth and patting the seat next to him.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Does TNT stream games on their Watch TNT website deal?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

This gives me the mental image getting onto an empty broken down bus that hasn't been cleaned in weeks and seeing a creepy old dude smile at me with crooked yellow teeth and patting the seat next to him.
Into The Wild is actually about the mental journey to becoming a Sacramento Kings fan

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

got some chores tonight posted:

i would not expect the knicks or the rockets to have expectionally low dribble numbers cuz i feel like most of their offences were letting superstars work

Harden probably has like half the dribbles by himself, but he
does pass it around.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Athanatos posted:

Does TNT stream games on their Watch TNT website deal?

TNT Extra time was totally free even if you didn't have TNT, I don't know if they changed it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WhyteRyce posted:

Why would you ever want to get attached to the garbage we have at that position

General rule that as soon as there's decent talent there, the Kings will refuse to pay their cheap new deal for reasons and sign another center

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/joevardon/status/791020370639851521

What are the Cavs planning??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

got some chores tonight posted:

low dribble, high jab steps for NY

• Locked thread