Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BobCooney76/status/791071706710441984

https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/791072521168838657

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
Back to those hashtags, what does #MFFL even mean?
Also, #takenote is awesome.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Smellyhead posted:

Back to those hashtags, what does #MFFL even mean?
Also, #takenote is awesome.
clearly you are not a Mavericks Fan For Life and do not use cyberdust

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Congrats to the Cavs for knocking off the superteam in the Eastern Conference.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Please Eat A Vegetable posted:

I won't say 'good' but meet me at 'adequate' and that's a lie I'll spread and believe.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/stewardsfolly/status/791085950952615936

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Hey friends, I mostly post in the fashion thread. Just wanted to say Golden State is overrated and that my beloved Phoenix Suns should get rid of Brandon Knight.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
im going to watch more basketball this season and like a Good native new orleanian i'm going to root for the Pelicans to Maybe Not Have Everybody Get Injured Four Times Over this year

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
San Fraudcisco Shookriors

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Lillard MVP???

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Quandary posted:

Lillard MVP

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

I am so glad basketball is back on. I'm keeping this avatar until I see a compelling reason to change it.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
that avatar is loving glorious

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Hey friends, I mostly post in the fashion thread. Just wanted to say Golden State is overrated and that my beloved Phoenix Suns should get rid of Brandon Knight.

I kinda like him as a 6th man

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

CraigK posted:

im going to watch more basketball this season and like a Good native new orleanian i'm going to root for the Pelicans to Maybe Not Have Everybody Get Injured Four Times Over this year

You going to the game tomorrow?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

N: warriors got dumpsturd

V: you what other super team got owned opening night?

[insert sports illustrated now this is going to be fun cover here]

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/status/791122323785015296

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

N: warriors got dumpsturd

V: you what other super team got owned opening night?

[insert sports illustrated now this is going to be fun cover here]

I was gonna say the Heat

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kevin Durant is a system player

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/bennettberry/status/791132333361561600

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's been like a month and the three alphas is still the funniest poo poo in the world to me

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's been like a month and the three alphas is still the funniest poo poo in the world to me

I'll be at the game Thursday and going to do my best to buy a 3 alphas t-shirt. Haven't seen one in the team store yet but some savvy businessman will hopefully be selling them outside the gates.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Golden State Warriors got blown out in the 2016-2017 season opener despite having the previous two MVPs including the first unanimous MVP.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

The Golden State Warriors got blown out in the 2016-2017 season opener despite having the previous two MVPs including the first unanimous MVP.

Was Durants mom in the building?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Is this what happens when a team's spirit is destroyed?

Cleveland and San Antonio what have you done???

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Kawhi MVP y'all.

He's seriously some unearthly platonic ideal of a team player. Lenny Beans has played 324 regular season games, and scored 25 or more points in 26 (about to be 27) of them. The Spurs are 24-2 (about to be 25-2) in the regular season when Kawhi scores 25 or more.

(Include playoff games and it's 33-4, statistic carries over as 5-2 into Super Important Games which is still incredible but is less immediately one sided. To put this in a useless context, when Jordan scored 25 or more points in a playoff game his teams went 108-44)

(bbr says I should source them when I look stuff up so I considered this while watching the game and then looked it up on basketball-reference. use basketball reference dot com to look up stupid stuff thanks)

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
The rules should be changed so a team as superior as the Warriors is not allowed to form

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Metapod posted:

Was Durants mom in the building?

probably

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
TOday was a good day
Shout out to Davis Bertans for his breakout contributions

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Just a heads up Kevin Durant and Steph Curry have both lost four games in a row.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just a heads up Jonathon Simmons murdered Stephen curry and javale McGee

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Bertans hitting some nice Js so hopefully those YouTube compilation videos haven't been lying to me for the past five years

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
The Warriors are broken and we are less than one day away from Joel Embiid finally playing his first game in the NBA. God is good

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

How did Rose and Noah look?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Niwrad posted:

How did Rose and Noah look?

i only saw part of the game but noah is still ugly

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/futurecanon/status/791142456934924288

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Guys.

The NBA is so much better than the NFL.

Like, I can barely watch NFL games at this point but even a 30 point blowout was entertaining as gently caress.

Thank you for being back NBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread