Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Finally someone who will take up Bull's offer on doug mcderrmott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Maybe if he was a good GM he would've had the confidence that once they got cousins he could've talked with him to convince him about their future plans and make him stay. But he's not and now magic is taking over

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's not only sixer fans, knicks fans have also fallen in love with him because hey euros have only brought us good luck so far right!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Maybe magic thought he was trading for james harden

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I'm waiting for boogie to rip davis' unibrow off with his bare hands and serve a suspension every other week so i'll be able to say I told ya'll, I told ya'll vivek was a visionary and that boy was devil reincarnate, he's poisonous

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It was said that mike d antoni's mustache grew two sizes tonight

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Maybe he was drunk

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

That's some juvenile gotta get my last word in type spit fight. Shaq should've said right from the start how many ringz ya got and ended it right there

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Is he gonna use the knife & fork on the burger or on the wedges

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

lebron james, champion of the people, king of cleveland, customer of local barbershops

*eats burgers outdoor with a knife and fork*

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Same, I love salmon but I think the texture of salmon wouldn't work that well with bread

But then again I wasn't born in cleveland

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

IMO report anyone caught holding a salmon burger to animal abuse

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

mmmMMMmm $15 canned salmon burgers, what a great night out

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's a fair probation because he committed the double whammy of being a warriors fan and posting a lovely image

It would've been a ban if he also admitted to loving canned salmon burgers

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I guess you shouldn't practice barefoot with no padding to protect yourself, who knew

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I wish Phil will get let go

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I wish, he's got 2 more seasons

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Because this guy is at the hem

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

People of other fandoms keep randomly throwing this line about how the knicks need the likes of rose and noah to please the fans as if msg was this ghost town with one functioning bathroom stall in their bathrooms. Either melo or porzingis alone would've filled the house every night with people tuning in on tv. Phil was trying to win now and jennings proves it because he was pitched when he was signed that this was somehow a contender team

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

How can you believe that. Everyone in the league knew Noah moves like an embalmed corpse. Jennings Tore his achilles 1.5 years before he signed. Derrick Rose was awful by any measure. He signed a bunch of Name players who weren't good. He didn't acquire one player like that. He acquired 3, all at once. That says 'tactic' not 'series of bumbling errors.

Maybe the NBA has a secret colangelo waiting in the wings for any team that openly tanks. But there is no way the franchise thought the players they signed would make the team better. Maybe Noah as a sort of defensive tutor for Porzingis.

We don't need to even talk about rose or jennings. Just explain to me how signing noah to 72mil for 4 years is this brilliant secret tanking move. It screams advanced age/phoning it in at best, serious mental deterioration at worst

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

But they had robin lopez.They had robin lopez on 54m for 4 years the season before. They did not need to have noah come in to do the exact same role lopez was doing for a significantly worst contract as a player who can't even stay on the court to help porzingis. Lopez was also a popular fan favorite so he fit the perfect supposed role of a support veteran player that can help your rookie develop while selling tickets and maintain integrity on the court

The whole thing you're adding about front office imagery to free agents is shot down by phil himself tweeting like an idiot and sending his mouthpieces to bad mouth the very own star player he signed a major contract for

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

And if phil wanted to develop porzingis as a core player, as in a real franchise player you can build a team around, he shouldn't have signed a big head with delusions about glamor like rose to a contract year because right now porzingis is being developed as if he is being groomed to be a role player

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah that was exactly it. Noah was a better passer for the triangle and phil wanted to win

And this bears repeating that anything about knicks needing stars to sell tickets as horseshit; there was only one moment dolan has felt threatened about his knicks empire state and it was the brief years when nets was perceived as a real threat. They had dirty russian money pouring into the city, everywhere you look there was a nets ad on bus stops and subway ads and people were wearing net gears designed by jay z. This is where dolan did his most heavily meddling including forcing the melo trade.

And right now as if it isn't obvious, dolan has a complete victory over the nets and also why he doesn't feel the need to meddle anymore. There's more knicks gears on the street than nets by far. There's barely any net ads. And all of this was mostly thanks to the fact that porzingis dropped onto their laps like a lavian angel from heaven. And if anyone here didn't know and I don't blame them because only stubborn retards are dumb enough to follow this team, if the knicks draft pick hadn't dropped a spot and they had their original spot, phil jackson would've drafted okafor. Phil has always been about short sighted winning

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Lockback posted:

Almost every single draft board had Okafor above Porzingis, don't act like that would have been a stupid think only Phil would have done.

Who cares about espn draft boards and other similar crap (besides phil). Knicks own scouts and hinkie both wanted porzingis over okafor

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

attackmole posted:

I mean I guess if you're Phil Jackson and you're loving old 2 years feels like a blink of an eye and you might have forgotten about them, but it's a move that screams "I'm old and don't watch basketball games, what's this about a former DPOY big man with great passing skills?". And then you get an old broken useless player tied up in a long term contract for four years.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Lockback posted:

I don't know what this means, but I don't see how it's true. Rose and Prozingis have basically the same usage rates, if anyone is keeping the ball out of Zingis's hands its Melo, but either way I think Zing is a way better off-ball guy than trying to iso down in the post or whatever.

Oh man USAGE RATE - numbers my worst enemy. If my eye test of actually watching knicks games isn't enough to convince you that rose is poison to porzingis, then I can only let someone else use numbers to argue
https://gothamsn.com/derrick-rose-and-the-importance-of-passing-ebd6ab002799#.4633hxr9g

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

NBA analysts give me some diagnostics on how the rose-noah pairing is faring this season...seriously, how's it goink?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Who else is excited for the first ever player to receive china mvp and nba finals mvp in the same season

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

ad is a star but I too would hesitate to so quickly name him a superstar. Like a nervous tugging of the collar while looking sideways and quickly changing the topic kind of hesitate. Would you call KAT a superstar for example

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Come on up to the pepsi zero 4 point spot or maybe have a try at the five guys 10 points half court shot in the exciting allstars game of east chipotle versus west pepto bismol

silver is such a stooge. Anyway what if they introduced a reward for the winning conference. What if the winning side gets home court advantage in the finals or something similar instead of introducing gimmicks to make the game itself more unwatchable

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The john legends halftime show was as much related to actual nba basketball as the allstar game itself

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

What they need to do is reanimate and also clone kobe a bunch of times to put back some competitive drive into the game so it's not just a bunch of millennials doing a dance routine on the court and crying for giannis to be benched because he is playing too hard

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

zelah posted:

So what do you want it to be? I'm real okay with both teams dicking around having fun. They're competing the rest of the season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCH9s5tP1Nk

The lebron vs kobe era of allstars were also really good and showed glimpses of fantasy what it could've been if they had ever faced each other in the finals.

Dunks and lobs and poo poo is okay cool, these guys are among top 0.000001% of super humans and are capable of doing these amazing athletic feats and it's fine if they wanna show off a bit. But right now they just do this for the whole game instead of ever showing a moment of what the best players working with other players of different teams face off against the other side of the best players would look like.

Remember the all star game was where wade bosh and lebron got together and said, hey we played well together maybe this could work for real

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Papercut posted:

That's been the case for at least a few years now

It's lined up with kobe's death, the passing of the old guards getting major time like duncan and kg and also the removal of the center position. Basically the last game with multiple true centers was the one with chandler and noah and they got mocked for trying to play defense in the all stars games

Now it's like lebron playing 5, and he's not going to contest dunks, and big babby deandre jordan at 5. giannis dunked on curry because somehow 1 is now under the hoop going for rebounds while the east is fielding 4 point guard lineups

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 4, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Allstars, christmas, regular season games, they all don't matter because the only games that matter are the ones that take place in june :cheerdoge:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

nice meltdown

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

mmmmmmmmMMMMMMM friday night knicks so good so fun so bright new york baby

https://twitter.com/bball_ref/status/837734402998288388?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

hot and spicy, what an unbridled genius this phil jackson is, so good

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Why do you have Ds all across your report card? Your teacher also called today and said you've been a distraction to all the kids during class lately, what is going on

Mom, don't you get it, I'm acting like a retard ON PURPOSE, now if you excuse me my plane is going to be here soon and I hear the temperature out south is really good right now

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Maybe parsons should try that aiming for the backboard thing too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Phil did it again! It's actually an advanced three shaped form of tanking because it takes away home court advantage

Also I want to scream whenever draymond speaks because his droning on and on is like the sound of ten babies on an airplane crying at the same time

• Locked thread