Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Cavs had a bad gameplan, the Warriors executed really well. Next time we'll probably see more Korver and Frye in an attempt to just score a lot of threes beofre GSW can have an avalanche quarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents-19505704/nba-playoffs-why-kevin-durant-sees-world-differently-now I don't know if anyone saw this story today, but the gist is that once Durant's foot broke in the same place he came to terms with his basketball mortality and decided to go win as much as he could before his feet crumbled to dust

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

They were wrong but in fairness the Gilbert Arenas collapse was fresh in everyone's mind. Curry missed 40 games the season before. Still, by the end of the season everyone knew he'd hosed up, he was a 100% max player that offseason if he waited. His max offer was 15 million and Dallas, Toronto, Brooklyn, and Phoenix were all in a position to max him and be better off for it even with the people they'd have to give up.

edit wait did he resign in 2012 or 2011? either way in summer 2013 he could have gotten a max from Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Utah for sure, Houston if they hadn't opted for Dwight, and the Blazers if they had gotten creative but they already had Lillard. Looks like he signed the extension a couple of days before the 2012 season started, so yeah if he'd gone to RFA summer 2013 he'd be on a max in GS, Dallas, Detroit, or Atlanta right now I bet, and Durant would be in OKC or Boston.

People were seriously worried about him being totally ruined by an ankle a la Grant Hill, who hurt his ankle and played on the injury for a 4 game sweep against Miami and went from a top 10 NBA player to a constantly injured guy to old wily veteran role player. He probably would have been if it was 1997 and not 2011.

EvanTH posted:

This is from a bit back but I disagree completely. Everything my eyes tell me from watchin' the Warriors the past few years is that Draymond Green IS the Warriors. Steph shoots some cool shots but he is a defensive liability. You're underrating Draymond by a lot and overrating Steph by just as much.

Like saying Kyle Korver was the best player on the those 60 win Hawks.

KD I dunno always seems like he should be the second best player in the NBA but he's just so quiet sometimes, especially on defense and that seems odd to me. He's a good defender but he should be much better. Giannis is already showing what you should be doing on D with that kinda spider body, but KD doesn't even have a tenacious posture. He shrinks his shoulders all the time.

If Kevin "The American Giannis" Durant played D like Giannis OKC wouldve been in the Finals last year and he wouldn't have betrayed his friend Russell,
but since he doesn't I still think Draymond is more important to the team.
It's a coach cliche but a huge amount of defense is mindset and effort. You have to embrace the pain of screens and charges and slamming into guys who are running and jumping at full capacity, having most of your effort unrecognized, whereas on offense you get the cheers and claps if you slam into someone and get a point. Durant is even shy of non-directly-point-for-him-producing contact on offense. He always wants to fake a screen and pop for a jumper instead

We saw how great Durant could be on defense, against the warriors last year, when he was playing 4 and Roberson was playing 5. It was frightening.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 3, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ammanas posted:

8 months later and I'm still nowhere near recovered
I think I have bad health care

Achilles repair is incredibly fraught and even the best surgeons can only return it to like 50% of its pre tear elasticity and strength, it might not be physically possible without stem cells and poo poo. Did you get the multi suture one or the one with sutures at the site of the tear. https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/mediaroom/pressreleaselisting/new-surgical-technique-helps-make-achilles-tendon-repairs-stronger https://www.cellmedicine.com/stem-cell-therapy/news/stem-cell-therapy/achilles-tendon/

If I were you I'd be injecting pharma grade HGH, removing anything inflammatory like sugar or bread from your diet, and praying to the Angels and doing every rehab thing as much as physically possible. Brandon Jennings can barely jump over a quarter now. The same went for Kobe. Good luck man

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ammanas posted:

(Un)fortunately it's not a tear. I had a bicycle crash and the pedal slammed into the tendon. Closest diagnosis I've had is tendonosis or 'micro tears'. At first I was like wah I can't cycle or weightlift but at this point I just want to be able to walk without a sharp pain and swelling.
My podiatric surgeon was like 'cant help ya', physical therapy was like 'try calf raises'. Tried PRP site injection that did nothing.
Been doing heel drops and crying a lot as the weeks roll on

That sucks man. You might want to check this out https://astym.com
http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Abstract/1998/06000/Chronic_ankle_pain_and_fibrosis__successfully.4.aspx
It's basically just someone with a piece of lexan crunching your gnarled up scar tissue so your body can heal properly

Or you could just roll it on a lacrosse ball and really crunch the munch in agony, by yourself and see what happens

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If it turns out that Kevin Love is playing hurt, I'm going to be so upset
Injuries should not be allowed

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

His dad is irrelevant, he shouldn't be drafted in the top 5 because he's not a top 5 player.

I don't know if you and I are prematurely soured on him by watching him be dismantled by NBA caliber athletes.

I'm trying to think of him in a positive light and not as like a thick pg Corey Brewer but with really great transition passing instead of running to catch lobs in transition. So like a thicker Ronnie Brewer? I know that's not fair but god drat it's not to imagine him failing hard.

Let's check the boxes supposedly in his favor
1. Height at pg- This allowed him to shoot over smaller players with his ear catapult shot in college. Removing the height from that shot will make it easier for longer faster small guys in the NBA to guard him.
2. Passing- his passes in transition are lovely but in the half court it's like he just doesn't know what to do, and defenses aren't afraid of him getting to the rim because of his poor handle, when he does get to the rim he does a few shuffle dribbles and passes out.
3.Three point shooting - issues we've already touched on
4. Defensive Potential - Until he does it I won't believe it, he's also not that agile so his defense against small squirty pgs might not be as good as people expect

Weaknesses
1. Ball handling, he's not special with the ball when he isnt running the break
2. hosed up shot mechanics, though he makes them, so we can call that a yellow flag, for now
3. Lack of PNR creation, he just hasn't done much of it and so he seems kind of stumped once things slow down
4. Defense - Not very good
5. Athleticism/quickness - Average for an NBA prospect, gets very little elevation off of either one or two feet

I think his best Case is to tighten his defense and learn a floater and be a bigger Rubio esque player. But that would mean a ton of development on d and in the half court.

Worst/expected case, He's Ronnie Brewer with less athleticism and more passing.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but man I would not draft him, gently caress no

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 4, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

This draft sounds awful

De'Aaron Fox could be a more athletic Elfrid Payton or he could cut his hair and be like a little Brandon Jennings dynamo

Josh Jackson could be a great 2 way wing
Jayson Potatum could be a really versatile scorer
Malik Monk is guaranteed to get buckets
Fultz is the new sort of PNR running scoring combo guard that makes threes off the dribble and finishes, the prototypical contemporary point guard
Jonathan Isaac has tons of potential
Dennis Smith could lead the NBA in scoring if he improves his three point shot
Frank Ntilikina looks like a boring okay pg
Markannen is going to make a lot of threes as a center and that is valuable

There's a ton of potential, I just happen to think that anyone with the choice of a player other than Fultz should be very careful before selecting Ball. There are more point guards, there will be more point guards. Jackson seems much more like the best player on a contender than Ball.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

Cuz this is a thread on somethingawful and I didn't realize there were gate keeping rules in place for having opinions? Can you post them in detail to avoid this situation in the future?

If you don't think peoples opinions on his dad affects opinions on his basketball skill I am not sure what to tell you.

Rick and I are the people who are most anti-Ball here, and I think both of us just think his dad is funny. I think he's doing the sleight of hand trick of waving and catching your attention while removing your watch and putting the marked card in your butt pocket. His sho'nuff master of harlem character has stopped deeper analysis of ELITE PROSPECT Lonzo Ball, which is good, because he has about 5 red flags as a player. Maybe George Karl will rejoin the NBA in 3 years and let Lonzo just run every time and we'll be wrong. I'd love to be wrong, I want more players who are good in the NBA. I'm just saying what I see.

Josh Jackson's shooting is scary, and there's not a great track record for freshmen wings in the high lottery. But he improved, and if he's playing pf I think the game will come much easier to him. There are a lot of ways he should be able to contribute even if he's only a barely okay shooter, with Lonzo, it's much more difficult to say that.

Rick posted:

I definitely think there's some positive about him (although PG Corey Brewer is a wonderful descriptor), mostly the points you've made. Like in my mind though he more potentially becomes a Kyle Korver style player than anything else.

You have by your own admission never watched him play. So why are you so convinced that there must be some other reason for the questions who people who have seen him play have?
Kittles/Korver comparisons are making me see what you see. His shot holds up, then he becomes someone whose job is to get the ball and pretend to survey the defense before shooting a three off the dribble. Maybe he plays next to a real pg or a combo guard who handles most of the half court offense

That would be a reason to not take the suicide pill as a Laker or Sixers fan, if he's the choice.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 4, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Three on three basketball would be nice to watch, the court is so crowded with long armed giants, you could bring back the wheel offense and other basketball relics. You could play the ultimate triangle offense.

TBeats posted:

When did they start announcing the MVP so late

They want to monopolize sports media for the entire month of June and then not lose out to the NFL during the moratorium week in the first week of July. This way people can say CHampion team bad, Champion team good, in the week before the awards, then MVP Bad, no MVP good, no MVP bad and good, during that empty week, instead of talking about which NFL players Looked Great in OTAs. Then, they get to keep the first week of free agency to themselves and finally cede everything to the NFL and Baseball by the middle of July.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 4, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BobHoward posted:

Yeah jalen has done some pretty funny stuff talking about the 81 game from the standpoint of one of the dudes who got 81'd

Iirc he said something about how stubborn the coach (Sam Mitchell I think?) was about not double teaming Kobe even though the players wanted to.

Also lol my phone autocapitalizes Kobe but not jalen sorry jalen

Yeah he got in depth on the topic early on when hejust had a sometimees weekly podcast. The story was that Sam Mitchell was trying to show up the team and benched Rose and maybe Mo Pete whenthey tried doubling Kobe. So there's a sam mitchell asterisk on the 81. Jalen also admitted to trying to Bruce Bowen kobe during that game and failing

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

TBeats posted:

People loving hated Lebron when he went to Miami. Why are people acting like he had a free pass? He got just as much poo poo as KD is getting.

Lebron got much worse. People were acting like he killed a child and had ritualistic sex with the corpse. They were furious. The cottage Lebron Industry exploded. Skip Bayless probably made his career on the decision.

The response to KD has basically come 3 ways,
1. The wise NBA fan, hmm it's interesting that such a strange confluence of events came together to allow this signing, and it's also odd that reviled coach Mark Jackson built the churchy culture that helped the Warriors get Igoudala for cheap and draw in Durant while being such a terrible XOs coach. (Not to minimize KD's desire to play in a real offense without Russ pounding the air out of the ball.)

2. The upset OKC fan, rightfully upset after they seemed so close, but free agency is free agency

3. The hot take expert who thinks signing to a team for roughly the same amount of money, where he'd enjoy playing more and possibly extend his career due to limited minutes, was a totally bitch pussy human being coward decision

Can these three be brought to some sort of concordat. Welll , once he wins finals MVP, all the shook bitchmade people will quiet down because they have a one season memory.

OKC fans might be rightfully upset for a while, but I think he did his time there, they fuckedu p, they had a chance to have westbrook, Durant, and Harden. They had a chance and it felll apart. Easy go. And of course the wise NBA fan applauds crisp passing and intelligent use of JAmes Michael McAdoo

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BobHoward posted:

I suppose there's an asterisk but it might not have mattered. His 60 points in 3 quarters against the mavs shortly before the 81 game easily could have been another 80+ game if Kobe hadn't sat the 4th because blowout, and I don't remember the mavs coaches refusing to double the dude who was torching them.

No doubt, half of that team of 5'6 white guys Wilt Scored 100 on were probably hungover or something like that. it takes extreme circumstances for extreme outcomes to emerge

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

But. He's right? breaking it down a Shoe isn't much but stitching and glue. The only value outside of the cost of materials is the value on the name/logo on the shoe itself.

The normal sneaker breakdown is like 50% profit 30% retail markup then labor/materials/shipping. And as they move to complete synthetic shoes material cost comes down because they dont have to play the commodity market for leather, they just have some petroleum cooked up into whatever and add a big buckle.

It's absurd. Think about crocs selling at between 20-30 dollars for some rubbberish plastic that probably cost around 80 cents to manufacture. The money is in the brand, you slice off some for overhead and duties, and you still have an absurd profit margin, and when you get into ultra premium sneakers the money is really just the brand, the sales tax could probably covers materials and labor

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

Did I say it was the correct decision? Have I ever said it was the correct decision? No because it wasn't. But that doesn't mean a franchise is not committed to winning a championship cause get this they probably make it back to the championship in 13 if not for bev

They fell into a trap of their own design. They got so desperate to look like they were building a team around KD that they just lunged at any available player of note and ended up wasting assets and cap space on a backup center who can't play defense. But once they traded Harden it was over, they were too good too early to get value deals for either Westbrook or Durant, so they really had one chance, and then to build from there, and they didn't. That's just what happens. You make one bad move and your team crumbles. Look what happened to the Pistons once Dumars traded Chauncey Billups for Allen Iverson, it's been a solid 10 years of bad-mediocre to decent-mediocre

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://hoopshype.com/2017/06/05/my-text-message-conversation-with-nets-guard-spencer-dinwiddie-while-watching-game-2-of-the-finals/
This is surprisingly entertaining, the writer''s back and forth texts with Spencer Dinwiddie during game 2. Spencer comes off as a very thoughtful man

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKwex4UXaw
This song seems appropriate

There are a lot of videos on youtube like "Thotty traps the game with 2.5m lawsuit for pregnancy"
Maybe he decided it would be cheaper to keep her

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's not even about returning to OKC or not.
Like I could understand him going to Boston, The Lakers or The Wiz at this point. Just drat...he made basketball really not fun to watch.

Like has anyone here had a good time watching playoff basketball this year? I mean I enjoyed the Cavs run and all, but man.

The first GSW/Spurs game was what we all wanted and the disappointment of Kawhi's injury has pulled a black veil over the entire playoffs, but there's been lots of fun basketball. Remember CHI/BOS, which the Bulls would have won had not an injury befallen RAJON RONDO the playoff quitter?

The first couple of games of Jazz GSW were fun, the Jazz Clippers series was good fun, Houston OKC was a battle. Boston/ Washington was a 7 game melee of 5 guys against 10 guys. MIL/TOR exhibited how good Milwaukee could be if they had more shooting and experience. Add that all up and you get 3 good 7 games serieses, 1 good 6 game, and about 5 or 6 individual games featuring the Cavs and Warriors, pre finals. We forget how much more intense and great the playoffs are because they last for 5 months, but go to NBAHD.com and watch a game from 2 weeks before the playoffs and compare it to one of those Bulls Celtics games. Everything is more intense, counters to counters to counters are deployed. It's good. The three point dominant playstyle does mean more blowouts when one team is hot and one is cold, but you should judge the games by how they felt to watch, not the numbers at the end.

It's the playoffs, series are going to be sabotaged by injuries and one or two teams will probably be better than everyone else by a lot. I honestly prefer it to the coin flip nature of the NFL. The patriots have dominated the NFL by understanding that it's a big asset play and getting their 30m qb to take like 10m per year for a decade. It's nearly impossible for other teams to do that. The only other consistently dominant team was the Seahawks when they had a solid starter playing on a rookie contract. Everything else is coin flips, injury luck, turnovers, poo poo like that.

There was plenty of good to be had in the playoffs if you could look past the Cavs and Warriors.

The NBA is like boxing, there are hundreds of punches thrown and it's about how you land them, how you defend them, how you slip them, feeling out the opponent and responding to their combinations. There's a mini drama unfolding each possession.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 7, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

What the hell was the context of the Clippers making a jersey for Putin?

George W Bush saw into Putin's soul and knew he was a good man. It was a different time, before cold war 2 started because Russia objected to regime change operations in Ukraine and then Syria. It was a time before popular finance blogs were put on an official list of Russian propaganda dupes for criticizing Hillary Clinton and various foreign wars. It was a better time, french touch and electro house were keeping clubs across the world banging, Mark thecobrasnake Hunter was taking pics of LA's coolest club attendees and Yvan Rodic was doing the same in Europe. It was a far better time (2006)

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://sports.yahoo.com/first-round-prospect-diagnosed-potentially-career-ending-disorder-233438983.html Jonathan Jeanne has Marfan syndrome and may never play. I wonder if he'll get the honorary jersey treatment,, or is that for first round prospects only

Apparently Stan is still trying to trade Drummond and Reggie Jackson

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 9, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Michael Corleone posted:

The longer this series goes the more it helps the subset of the Cleveland economy who put up tents and sell Cavs shirts for $10 in gas station parking lots. I think the one I bought last year is legit because it says Locker Room Authentic Edition and has the Logo on it. Probably fake and these guys probably don't pay taxes. These shops also pop up selling Indians gear when they are in the PO's and Valentines and Easter gifts. Any other cities have stuff like this?

e; to add, they rented out actual store fronts in the 90's to sell Indians World Series and ALCS stuff that actually was legit.

The bootleg shirts are always better than the real ones
All my pistons shirts have skulls and monsters playing basketball
You can't get any official merchandise like that except for the mild original bad boys logo

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

this is the only valid bad boys merchandise

https://www.detroitathletic.com/blog/2016/04/27/how-the-detroit-pistons-came-to-be-known-as-the-bad-boys/
Apparently even the skull logo was originally for bootleg shirts
So my point is even stronger
As strong as a basketball cyborg of some sort

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
You have so much to learn

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

guys I know this might sound revisionist but Michael Jordan was really really good

Please do not troll

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

Look, in reality they mostly did what you're suggesting. In game six when Green came back he played 40 minutes. Ezeli, Mcadoo, and Varejao played a combined 24. If they played all of those at the 5 then Green was playing 5 about 24 minutes and 4 about 16 minutes. He had 5 fouls and 8 points, and since Thompson was able to credibly guard him they didn't have to go small and give Barnes a matchup he could play against (he went 0/8). In game 7 Dray played 46! Minutes and Ezeli/Varejao 19 minutes. Green was on fire from three and had a great game on both sides of the ball.

It's two games and we can't be sure from that how it would play out long term. But someone has to be guarding the paint. Sometimes Dray can do that as well as anyone. Sometimes he gets in foul trouble immediately and your defense collapses. The Cavs demonstrated in those two games how vulnerable the Warriors were to constant drives. How much more could they play Green?

No one thinks it's good to play bad players. But "play your best guys maximum minutes regardless of position" is the Dantoni Method and it gets regularly mocked and is a major part of why his defenses are bad and his teams gas out

Every single adjusted plus minus sort of stat says that being a really large person and just standing in the way is a net gain on defense in the aggregate. I want to agree with you.
The finals are a very small set of games and if someone is just cooked like Varejao, whose only contributions were okay box outs and flopping for offensive fouls, it might be better to leave them on the bench, especially when you only have 200 possessions or so left. I agree in general that you need bigs to save wear and tear on your more skilled less large players. I believe that it's observably true that being large and in the way is usually enough to add value on defense, but this is not any circumstance, it's a very specific circumstance against specific players.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

Awww :(

Sure. But Green already played 46 minutes in g7. He can't play no more minutes. Should they all have been at the 5? Is the step up from 18 minutes of Ezeli/Varejao better than the step down giving 16 more minutes at the 4 to, presumably, Barnes/Iggy/maybe Speights? In this specific circumstance against a Cavs team with Irving and Lebron, I think that just exacerbates the issue they really had - Lebron and Irving could beat their guy over and over and get inside, where Green was not enough to stop them by himself and Barnes/Iggy/Speights were not providing value in help defense.

This year they can put Durant at the 4. That's a whole different kettle of fish

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just pointing out that it was a sophie's choice, now we know it wasn't the winning choice, but we don't know how they could have won, all injuries and suspensions being the same. I guess Harrison Barnes not being the biggest choker in the world, a playoff paul george, an anti Joe Johnson sort of figure, would have probably given them the series.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Michael Corleone posted:

Does the NBA give playoff shares or is Jones literally paying to play? Sure Lebron is giving him some money either way though tbh.

There are playoff shares, I can't find the updated figure but if we extrapolate from these two sources
http://insidehoops.com/playoffs-salaries-pool.shtml (Playoff pool in 2006= 10m, First round exit gets $149,243)
http://www.espn.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/12787917/rajon-rondo-does-not-get-playoff-share-dallas-mavericks (Rondo does not get first round share so distribution must vary team to team, not guarantee. This is 2015

quote:

The other 14 players on the roster evenly divided $208,940, which is awarded to teams that lose in the first round of the playoffs. Houston beat Dallas in five games in the best-of-seven series.

So we just rough it out and say 1.4x more than the 2006 shares, that means if the Cavs lose they split 1,643,000 among the players? If that's divided an equal 15 ways it's like 11,000 per player. After taxes Dahntay will be making minor league baseball money

Edit: I found some real numbers from 2016

quote:

The NBA will award a total of $15 million to the league’s top teams this year, officials told FOXBusiness.com. This year’s Playoff pool is the largest in league history, surpassing last year’s tally of $14 million.

The winning team in this year’s NBA Finals will earn $2,656,422, to be split amongst its players, coaches and staff members. The losing team gets a consolation prize of $1,760,210 – probably not enough to cure the sting of falling short, but a solid payday nonetheless
So bump it up by a little bit and call it 1.8m, an even split 15 person gives Dahntay a cool 12g's, but who knows how they'll split it among the front office etc. He should come out in the black, anyway

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 12, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I seem to remember a lockout of players with more than half of teams claiming they were losing money each year. They're parasites and they'll take whatever they can get.

I think Golden State will play too well for the Refs to change the outcome, and this series will end tonight. Give the Cavs 7 more points and they'll still probably lose

Then we get to relax in the peace and quiet of free agent rumors which will tide us over until we get to see real basketball again, at summer league orlando on July first

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Man, if you don't like Summer League, there's no hope for you, it's the NCAA tournament of the NBA, you are vaguely familiar with 1/4 of the guys and they're playing sloppy as all hell, but they want it bad

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

The games can be weird and low-stakes because the players are sort of competing against their own team harder than they are competing against the opposite team and nobody is trying much on defense. It's anti-friendship ball, and it's usually more of a scouting exercise more than a competitive game of basketball (which is fun for me, but not exactly the same as watching a good game of Ball).

Whereas Big3 is going to have 50 year old Mahmoud Abdul Rauf scoring 40 points a game as if the rim were no rim and all net

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXGRNGWNk0I

I'm afraid The Big 3 is going to be won by the youngest team with the smallest amount of pro minutes so they still have knee and ankle cartilage and will disappoint everyone watching out of nostalgia for the days of old

Rick posted:

Another good thing is once in a while someone like Adam Morrison shows up even though he's been in the league six years and just loving destroys future all-NBA pre-rookies.
That's very good
The best is knowing a guy is at least an end of roster NBA player because he puts up 50 points a game and effortlessly dominates both ends of the floor

Also, JORDAIR JETT IS BACK, Ferrakohn Hall too
https://www.thetournament.com/teams/majerus-slu-crew-saint-louis-alumni?type=fan&f=58ec50fc908bc333508947

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

roundmidnight posted:

Imagine if Kevin Durant was an incredible musician and songwriter. He spends years getting better, each record is a step in his musical development. Sure, his backup band is a little rough, but that's ok! His sales are never quite what they should be but it's cool, everyone who has taste knows what's up! One year, he releases an album that is amazing, better than ever, and you cannot wait for the next one because it could be an all-timer.

Then Kevin Durant joins The Eagles because he's sick of not going platinum. Sure, he's still the best songwriter in the band and his personal skills are not diminished but it still sucks, you know? You're never getting that Highway 61 Revisited/Bridge Over Troubled Water/Thriller, you're getting stuff that dominates the charts for a decade.

This is how I feel. Also, the Eagles are loving trash.

The eagles are a band from 58 years ago

The Thunder played garbage basketball and Kevin Durant joined a team based on movement and passing because he didn't enjoy watching Westbrook dribble out the clock and miss important shots, and also because Nike wanted to sabotage under armour

• Locked thread