Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/McGrawDHBulls/status/790982632964141056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Congrats to the Cavs for knocking off the superteam in the Eastern Conference.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/status/791122323785015296

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's been like a month and the three alphas is still the funniest poo poo in the world to me

I'll be at the game Thursday and going to do my best to buy a 3 alphas t-shirt. Haven't seen one in the team store yet but some savvy businessman will hopefully be selling them outside the gates.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

How did Rose and Noah look?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think the Warriors will easily win the title but if they choke it will be one of the funniest moments in the history of the NBA.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

EvanTH posted:

Noah seemed really useful and good and was always doing great stuff off-ball and setting up good plays and Rose was pure garbage. Started hitting a lot of shots then kept taking idiotic looks and finished the game on like a 1-9 run and his passes weren't really where they should have been

So things haven't changed.

Derrick Rose has sucked for years now. He comes in to the season out of shape, never learns the actual offense, and constantly tells people he's still elite and everything is going to fall into place at any moment. His first few years here were a blast but I'm so glad he's gone.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Nets could have had Damian Lillard but decided half a year of Gerald Wallace on a non-playoff team was better.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

sba posted:

Is it weird that I got into the NBA and finally caved to League Pass because of the social media aspects of it??

I find a lot of the people who cover the NBA are interesting and the "meme" content is really funny (like all the KD switching to a Spurs jersey jokes from last night, and the weird anime cartoons everyone liked last year)

Like, I've quietly read these threads for like 2 years now, and they're among my favorites here to read, you all know whats going on and are funny.

I don't know poo poo about the intricacies of basketball, and I'm going to do my best to figure it out, so I won't contribute much, but thanks for helping me get into it.

(go Kings)

Half the fun of the NBA is it's aimed at a younger audience and doesn't take itself as seriously as other sports. The league doesn't mind their players actually having personalities.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Bulls about to get the shooter they've been looking for.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/791419754229620736

Is he as bad as his stats indicate? I'm still pissed they gave up Justin Holiday in the Rose trade.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm pretty pumped that I got to watch the Cubs win a WS game tonight and get to see the 3 alphas in person tomorrow night. Truly a great time to be a Chicago fan.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I can't wait for Gar Forman to spend the next 4 seasons gearing up for his "2021 plan" to awkwardly recruit Anthony Davis to the Bulls.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Happy 3 Alphas Day everyone! Can't wait for tonight.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I am in the crowd yelling "THE THREE ALPHAS" after that play.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Gar Forman's vision of building a team for 80's era NBA and Fred Hoiberg's offense centering around bad 3-point shooters chucking up threes at the end of the shot clock has prevailed tonight.

Also Isaiah Canaan sliding right into that Tony Snell role.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/DannyEcker/status/792084192133836800

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Portis sucks. Felicio is the young big with a future. He actually got some minutes last night too and got a sweet alley-oop from Wade.

https://twitter.com/hungarianjordan/status/791806608913240064

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

McW at the .... 2?

Boston has small guards so it wasn't that bad to go with two big guards and post them up. Plus they had MCW crashing the boards on offense and got some boards. The rotations were surprisingly decent. I was about to credit Hoiberg but I just assume the alphas were calling the shots.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Does KD think people are giving him poo poo for not working hard enough? I thought it was for being a bitch and joining the team that beat him in the playoffs.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

The Nuggets were gonna trade him regardless. And whoever they traded him to would give him the max and he probably would have taken it.

He only wanted to play in New York.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Hubie is the best I think

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Spacebump posted:

He was later quoted saying he probably would have resigned with Denver if they didn't trade him due to them being able to offer the most.

He was also "seriously considering Chicago, Houston, and LA" in free agency. And he was open to being traded to the loving Nets.

I don't think any of it was true. He wanted to play for the Knicks and only the Knicks.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think it had more to do with the fact OKC was playing one of the greatest teams ever assembled.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone who was paying more attention to the game than I was tell me why Dunn didn't play in crunch time last night?

Not sure if this is the case but if you don't do what Thibs wants you to do defensively, you won't play much. The minutes he used for the Bulls his first couple months were strange but made a point.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Rose trade was not a bad move, though. Also I know people actually do blame Melo (they are idiots) but what I'm saying is that its the Knicks fault for doing the Melo Trade. Obviously it is hindsight, but I'm pretty sure time has shown that to be a bad move.

Rose trade is pretty bad. Gave up 2 assets for a bad PG making $21m.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

this bulls team really seems like a ponzi scheme, like we'll wake up one day and butler's on the heat and we're left with doug and mcw and four guys from the hoffman estates team

The Bulls are pretty bad. Soft early schedule and some guys shooting well above their average helped them to get off to a 3-0 start.

Tonight kind of showed who they are. A terribly coached team with pieces that will never fit together. Hoiberg actually started the forth with Canaan, Wade, McBuckets, Niko, and Portis. The Knicks scored easily on every single possession with them on the court. It's been awhile since I've seen a coach this bad in the NBA.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Oh and how lovely is Denzel Valentine that he can't even get in the rotation on this team? Good lord has Forman whiffed on drafts.

He's turned his last 6 first round picks into Marquis Teague, Tony Snell, Doug McDermott (he used 2 firsts to get McDermott), Bobby Portis, and Denzel Valentine. McDermott looks to be the only one who could be in a good team's rotation (barely!) and that's only if the matchup was right.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm very interested in this whole "coming home" trend

Gar Forman picks him up at the airport in his Subaru. How could he say no?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Maybe Dallas should just tank. Although they probably won't need much help doing that with Dirk out.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Might as well

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Hand Row posted:

MCW looked like the same terrible shooter high turnover machine. Why do you think he looked good?

He's not good but I think Bulls fans were happy that he isn't Jerian Grant who has no business in the league. But those are the perks of being related to the assistant GM.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

schmitty9800 posted:

But Forman's best moves only happened because Wade was bitter and decided to come home, and because Butler decided to not bet on himself.

Wade came here because the Bulls were the only team dumb enough to pay him $50 million over the next 2 seasons.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am extremely bummed that the actually three alphas are good and owning everyone era lasted exactly three games

On the other hand we will get the three alphas who are bad and fight with each other and lock Hoiberg in a broom closet

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

With the Kings being dogshit again, the Bulls will now have traded Luol Deng in a season they won 48 games for a trade exception they were too cheap to use.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also gently caress the Kings. How can you be this incompetent for this long?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Earlier in the year Magic tweeted his picks for MVP and listed like 19 guys.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Three alpha self-destruction is maybe starting. Butler called out the team the other night and then had this to say.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-bulls-up-and-down-start-spt-1107-20161106-story.html

quote:

"Some guys just switch when we're not supposed to switch," Butler said. "I know who is supposed to be switching and who's not. When that happens, don't nobody know what to do because that's not in the game plan, I can tell you that. We didn't prepare for it."

Butler didn't specify who is blowing defensive assignments. But it's clear that after the coaching staff changed the pick-and-roll schemes during the offseason to feature more trapping or outright switching, there are growing pains.

Rondo is the guy who is loving up by the way.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Having watched a few Knicks games this year I think they should use Porzingis much more. He's clearly their second best offensive player and Rose shoots way too much.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also to bring it back to the KD/Barnes chat; It wasn't losing Barnes that was a big deal with acquiring KD. KD is literally better than Barnes at every single part of the game.
The big deal was losing Bogut. Imo Bogut's injury was the 2nd biggest reason the Cavs won last year, moreso than Draymonds dick touching and Steph Choking. Bogut is an amazing passer for a center and plays fantastically off the ball, on top of being a great defender.

Bogut has been trash this year so I don't think this year's version of him would be helping the Warriors all that much.

Also can't believe how many people freaking out over the Warriors losing a couple games where they clearly weren't playing that hard on defense. This is like the Heat team from a few years ago. Everyone picks apart their flaws after a loss but when the playoffs come around, rotations tighten, and guys go 100% on defense, they'll mop the floor with everyone in the West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

straight up brolic posted:

He's leading the league in TRB%...can't imagine how a player like that would help the warriors

He's been a complete trainwreck offensively and isn't moving well on the defensive end. This isn't the same Bogut the Warriors had the past 2 seasons.

• Locked thread