Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spring Break My Heart posted:

"LeBron had spent 13 years cruising through his career without a signature series or moment" - Bill Simmons, NBA super fan

Did he really say this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EvanTH posted:

https://theringer.com/lebron-is-still-painting-his-masterpiece-bdad85037eb0

I could sorta agree that The Block is kind of his first really truly Iconic single moment. Something that'll get replayed for decades. Ray Allen's shot was the biggest moment from his previous finals wins

Oh well that is more understandable and I kind of agree.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kind of think the Ultimate Warrior t shirt is lebrons moment.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nerlens Noel chooses to have elective surgery the day before the season starts.

He's not going to play for the Sixers again I don't think.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Get hurt on company time, recoup on company dime. My man.

https://twitter.com/pompeyonsixers/status/791010078975557632

The Sixers facility in Alabama

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How old is the undertaker

I remember him from when I was a kid.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Golden state is a tremendous regular season team. I'm sure they will bounce back from this humiliating home loss.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol the Sixers AND the Lakers are both on national TV tonight.

Simmons was supposed to be playing which makes this make sense.

Idk enjoy embiid I guess. Sixers should not be on national tv tho.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

who the hell would the Warriors trade back? would Nerlens Noel even help them? he's also having another (minor) knee surgery right now...

Exactly

They are empty

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

superstars like lebron get calls or nocalls in their favor routinely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Uh Durant may save some energy for offense idk.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Individual rebounding number seem like bunk to me anyway.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RaySmuckles posted:

lmao, i tried to watch first take just to hear some people talk about the game last night and my god, my god, Stephen A Smith is loving awful. loving awful. it was painful.

The only NBA media you need is podcasts and TNT

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RaySmuckles posted:

Any good podcast recommendations?

Spurs in particular?

I don't know spurs. But you should be listening to Duncd on and Zach Lowe at least. Try real gm and the vertical of you have time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know it won't happen but i want the Sixers to sign Duncan for a year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

4/70 is average starter money.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pablotorre/status/791460644600045568

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wandler20 posted:

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/791461070535819264

Nice win for OKC. It wasn't pretty but about as expected. Russ was one assist from a triple double. Dipo kinda sucked.

Embiid is going to be a monster, which is good because he's a cool dude.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/791470911740321792

https://twitter.com/mike_schmitz/status/791470533946716161

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid owned and he literally has no idea what he's doing and has played one NBA game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Is there a site that gives an easy time-on/time-off subs for players? I'd love to fire up the replay of the 76ers game to watch Embiid's minutes but it'd be nice to know what game-time he subbed on and off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8mI5a...QfSOs1OEasFg6Hw

All highlights

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Parsons played 0 minutes yesterday

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm not starting anything but he tv presentation of football is getting really bad

NBA still is doing well. They could probably cut one or two tv time outs but it's ok.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Last night literally got hinkie another job.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Papercut posted:

It was and his strategy was perfectly legitimate. Philly has a much better chance of being a top-4 seed in the next few years than bad teams who chased mediocre trade and free agency targets and are still just bad, like Sacramento or Phoenix.

Embiid Simmons plus top pick is pretty tight

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Yeah Philly isn't and won't be good for years still. It's also a pretty damning statement on the game that the only way to contend for a title is to at least win a superstar in the lottery.

NBA is still cool though.

Hinkie doesn't own.

Yeah Philly isn't and won't be good for years still. It's also a pretty damning statement on the game that the only way to contend for a title is to at least win a superstar in the lottery.

NBA is still cool though.

Hinkie doesn't own.

You can banana boat your way into two hall of famers I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Honestly the best model is the current Celtics

In theory .

But the Warriors and cavs are both draft teams.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

The Cavs were also a pretty good example of it not working before LeBron got guilt tripped into going back which is an impossible to replicate scenario on a bunch of levels

Tt love and kyrie all make that team too and are all drafted or immediate draft assets.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It doesn't take a tech genius to figure out that if you are lovely for years and years then you get to draft* better players

*but dont draft any guards for the love of god and also trade your decent guard too

Also, I think its hosed up that you can get ejected for flipping some player the bird.

They never drafted in a spot when a guard was bpa.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Mambold posted:

No one knew Westbrook would morph into what he has, and Lenny Beans certainly wasn't a lottery pick, iirc.

Leonard was one away from the lottery. I mean .. ok.

The percentages of players being great in the teens is low tho.

Simmons is going to play and be a monster and the whole thing will be academic .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

That team with a Kyrie/Wiggins/Thompson core would be pretty lovely

Yes

But hinkies whole plan was to trade assets as well. I mean the cavs are the perfect example of a Hinkie team. He just did or was doing what they did.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can't believe we are still arguing I'd hinkie was right .

The problem was he was too right and the league can't handle it .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they got Nerlens Noel and Michael Carter Williams (now the Lakers protected pick) for Jrue Holiday which is p much a wash at this point although maybe the Lakers pick winds up being like #5

Not McW, they got saric and another #1 for holiday

McW was thier pick

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MourningView posted:

Right and it only succeeded because the best player on earth happened to be born nearby

He never would have come back if they didn't have love kyrie tt.

You make a good point though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

"Hinkie was right" is just saying "It's better to have a high draft pick"

Obviously it's true, but its hosed up and retarded that the league rewards putting trash on the court and actively getting worse for years at a time.

Agreed. Hinkie shows the Real of this and the league revolted in horror. Don't show the Real.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Duncan was phenomenal in defensive rating last year wasn't he.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The best way to build a team is to buy another bad team's lotto picks with aging expensive vets and then become a mediocre playoff team with above average regular season stars.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's a shame Philly dumped Hinkie, then he could just trade Embiid, Okafor*, Noel*, and Saric for prospective future first round picks, since it is clear that none of those four will be transcendent players. He should have just kept the treadmill going until Lebron Junior hits the league, then he would have enough draft capital to move up and get him for sure.

*except that nobody wants to trade for them

In three years he got embiid and Simmons.

That's pretty good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

You can't really spin Boston's situation to be a bad one even if you try to be as stupid and reductive as possible

?????

I'm saying it's the best possible ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Literally no owner would sign up for their team to actively be bad for 4-6 years. Hinkie was fired because he was loving terrible at executing his strategy. They flopped in draft after draft and kept kicking the can to being good down the road. The 76ers won 10 games last year and only have two, possibly four, promising young players. Embiid is cool.

If saric is good which I think he may be and the Lakers pick is good they flopped in no drafts.

Noel is a disappointing result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is likely what happens to Philly after 4 years of tanking.

Simmons and embiid ceiling well above anything on Boston right now save for the bkn pick and swap.

• Locked thread