Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Jota posted:

Dexo posted:

I'm gonna end up Rooting for MCW or Caanan I think.

As a Sixers fan, I can tell you that this is not an enjoyable decision.

#TrustTheProcess

Gar Foreman won't let me down :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/790970010688692228

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

This team is going to be amazing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Calling Rondo/Wade the Brick Brothers

MCW is their annoying cousin

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Half the fun of the NBA is it's aimed at a younger audience and doesn't take itself as seriously as other sports. The league doesn't mind their players actually having personalities.

Unless you do the Big Balls dance word to Eddie House.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Is he as bad as his stats indicate? I'm still pissed they gave up Justin Holiday in the Rose trade.

He's a Raw prospect who got very few minutes. He's allegedly a shooter. But I have my doubts as that doesn't fit the Bulls style.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

good god
embiid is the process

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Can alphas be shook?

Unshookable.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Embid isn't an alpha?

He is the Process. Big difference.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Still think it's bullshit Hinkie got shitcanned right before his plan was going to start to pay off.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

KD has reached a new never before seen level of shookness. And it's only game one :laffo:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/791858809249509376

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 28, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

chunkles posted:

how would reporters even get in to interview a player during a random shootaround

It's almost as if he knew there would be reporters there screamed like a crazy person and wanted to get asked about afterwards.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

So I guess Portis is the one getting traded :smith:

Gibson is starting and Mirotic has a Chia Pet.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

^^

I mean those are the two superteams.

euphronius posted:

How has Portis looked? I didn't see much Chi last year.

Non-existant.

As in he has literally gotten zero minutes.

But Last year he seemed like he had potential. But the game always seemed too fast for him.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 28, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

Portis for Tyus Jones swap? That sorta makes sense for both teams.

Not Tony Snell is our PG of the future.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

euphronius posted:

2 guards who can't shoot tho

How does this work

3 Alphas.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Props Department posted:

I only watched a little bit of the first half of the Three Alphas game but their offense looked horrible in what I saw. Just a lot of one-on-one flailing drives followed by ugly bailout passes that led to a surprising number of made shots. But it didn't inspire any confidence in Hoiberg as a tactician at all. Did they ever get into a better rhythm later?

You just don't get the subtle nuances in the Alphas game. What looks like flailing drives are actually more like a controlled chaos based around causing confusion and dissention in the opponents gameplan and execution.

The Three Alphas know what they are doing. They know exactly what they are doing. Which allows them to manipulate the chaos in their favor.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

In other news the Warriors are complaining to the media that teams are being too physical against them literally three games into the season

Shook Ones pt. 3

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

misdirectomy posted:

The 3 Alphas destroying teams every night is bad for the league, there I said it

The 3 alphas have surpassed what was previously commonly referred to as a "Super Team".

WoW, Butler and Rondo have ascended past that designation.

They are now the first and only "Hyper Team"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

He's probably been going on too long, people tend to only remember the good and not the bad, and for some reason people spend way too much money on him?

Nah. WoW owns. And just keeps reinventing by adding on new and highly requested features such as 3pt shooting. It's not resting on it's laurels.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

Yeah, but after ST came Alpha 1

Bulls already on Alpha 3, shut the league down

Ryu: WoW
Ken: Butler
Dan: Rondo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/793507116661219331

Why won't this team of Alpha's just let me hate them :smith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Please Eat A Vegetable posted:

Watching the Vice channel, and these two very New York-ish dudes have a show where they discuss sports and pop culture. Anyway, they go on to say that both NBA superteams both lost by 29 points on opening night.

Are the Knicks actually considered a "superteam"?
I mean by people who are not in or from NY?

Desus and Mero are great. Also they aren't being entirely serious.

Everyone should watch Deus and Mero.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MourningView posted:

Everyone watched GS blow a 3-1 lead and decided that actually spacing is bad

E: I put up with like two decades of people making fun of John Stockton's shorts, y'all don't get to suddenly pretend that you think they're cool now

They are watching the dominance of the zero space and pace team the Bulls(Number 1 offense in the league baby) assembled.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

alansmithee posted:

Mero doesn't seem nearly as funny as he is in articles and whatnot. Desus is a funny dude though.

Mero will occasionally just get the most amazing alley-oop that he crushes.

Gynecolojustice posted:

Which one of them came up with Kristaps Porslingzdick because that is great

It's one of Desus' aliases.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/793590581637316608

NBA is the greatest sport.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ImHER/status/793873489065283592

Cavs losing in the first round.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nevermind disregard that I got tricked by Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Mr1738/status/793879017774456832

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/mannyfidel/status/794038953158516737

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/alissa3point0/status/794040907192500225/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/cavsdan/status/794044658938740736

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/BlackDannyOcean/status/794025613396942848

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Neil Funk and Stacy King are unabashed homers.

But Stacy King can be actually be really really good when he drops his persona and just talks about the game.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

iirc, the Knicks could've just waited until the summer and signed Melo as a free agent.

The Nuggets were gonna trade him regardless. And whoever they traded him to would give him the max and he probably would have taken it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/sportswatch/status/794601891351117824

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bill Simmons is really really good at podcasting and building a team of people. He's pretty good at interviews and getting people.

He is not a great pundit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

If JR was real he would have been shirtless

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

They really can't keep playing him, right?

I mean any coach with a spine wouldn't keep playing him so...

Gonna wait til Jimmy gives the OK to trade him.

Any decent point guards available on the trade market?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Michael Carter-Williams

oh gently caress right forgot about him.

When we get MCW back it's gonna be like acquiring a Rookie of the Year via trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

McDermott's had one 3-pointer in his last 5 games. The guy can't defend at all. So how about running a play that gets him an open look? Hoiberg is just so clueless. Still can't figure out offensive/defensive subs late, still doesn't understand the NBA timeout rules, still doesn't understand anything about his personnel.

Maybe McDermott is actually bad and shouldn't be playing?

Maybe the bulls should stop drafting 4 year college players.

I guess at least 2 out of 3 Alphas are fun to watch.

• Locked thread