Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I was out on PJ Tucker for a first but when they got him for two seconds it was a no-brainer and I wasn't really ready for how much he's going to help this team defense and toughness-wise.

Also Isaiah scored one point in the final seven minutes of the game, shook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
RIP Jose: one of the NBA's nicest guys, best shooters, and worst defensive players of all time.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
The "All-Wright" Team would be pretty All-Wrong

PG: Delon Wright
SG: Antoine Wright
SF: Dorell Wright
PF: Brandan Wright
C: Lorenzen Wright

Bench:

Julian Wright
Chris Wright

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Kibner posted:

I'm lazy. Someone make a team out of Davis'. There's like 30 of them.

PG: Baron Davis
SG: Johnny Davis(?)
SF: Walter Davis
PF: Antonio Davis
C: Anthony Davis

Bench:
Deyonta Davis
Glen Davis
Dale Davis

Bonus: Davis Bertrans

(every Davis is a PF or C, Jesus)

roundmidnight fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 28, 2017

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Stagger_Lee posted:

Antonio over Dale is a crime.

How dare you disrespect one-time All-Star Antonio Davis

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
TIL Dale Davis made one All-Star team and he did it averaging 10PPG.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Forgetting Dale Davis and Hubert Davis were admittedly bad but not including SAS God Ricky Davis probably means I should be banned.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Where the gently caress is Wallace? Huh? String?

:cry:

The most overrated goddamn scene in television history, bar none.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Dang, that is a strong opinion.

The shooting itself is what actually got me but I couldn't remember any quotes from it.

(I just hate The Wire, sorry.)

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

I....don't understand.

Boring stock characters, bad dialogue, plot that doesn't slow-burn so much as barely ignite. I realize I am in the minority of minorities as a person on the internet who doesn't like the goddamned Wire here but I'll carry the flag.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

BWV posted:

that's a pretty bad opinion, my friend.

Not as bad as season 2 of the loving Wire that I sat through because I thought "surely this must get better"

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Brolander posted:

fractured tibia for bogut.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy :)

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Root for the Raptors, we are both fun and often bad, but also often good, but only by a little. We used to play no defense but now we play JUST ENOUGH defense to not be terrible but also not boring.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Jason Kidd is also a wifebeating drunk driver, so there's that.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Larry Legend trying to avoid responsibility for yet another one of his offspring

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I'm sure it'll just be mostly depressing watching middle aged men try to reclaim relevance by feebly try to break each others' ankles and clank jumpers

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Just wanted to check in to tell the people who whine about Nazi punching to kiss my Jewish rear end. The people who advocate for genocide don't have "points" worth debating, and if you would shove me and other people into an oven if given half a chance I firmly advocate for you to be punched, maimed, and whatever else is necessary to ensure you never speak again. To those who insist on the "moral high ground", keep your sniveling bullshit liberalism far away from me, please.

Charles Barkley is a moron for giving him airtime not because punching Nazis is bad but because there is no value to to "I think Jews and black folks should be ethnically cleansed" "Well, I disagree".

I mean the Holocaust really sucked but at least the Nazis had free speech right

Back to basketball: maybe it's terrible asset management but the Raptors need to trade DeRozan and let everyone else walk. This team, even with a new coach, is what it is and the complexion of it won't change as long as DeMar is around. I love the guy, but no. Trade him to the Lakers.

roundmidnight fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 5, 2017

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
He was LITERALLY BEING INTERVIEWED, ON CAMERA, WHEN HE GOT PUNCHED. And somehow it's the punching that is expanding his profile?

Richard Spencer was all over the news before the punch. He had a fawning profile in Mother Jones. He was not hurting for exposure before this. He was roundly mocked for it, and it was great. He's become a punchline - no pun intended - as the white supremacist who got his face bashed in and has been threatened and/or physically assaulted when he's been in public, including having to leave a white power rally because he was scared. This is a good thing.

His message is being spread by the President of the United loving States. Don't worry, it's the message and the platform are out there regardless of whether he gets punched or not.

roundmidnight fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 5, 2017

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
The trouble with Portland isn't the logo - which is legitimately one of the best in sports and if you disagree you're dumb and probably love the NAME AROUND CIRCULAR BASKETBALL - but the teenage anime fan site font. It sucks, change it.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Real talk: Dark Twisted Fantasy was so supremely overrated and the reaction of the critical establishment to an exceedingly okay album was the thing that led Kanye down the path of thinking that he was a genius and believing he could do no wrong which has meant six years of increasingly bad music, culminating in the true piece of poo poo that was Life of Pablo, the musical equivalent of Kobe's last NBA game.

Kanye West is Kobe Bryant: not as good as either he or the basic hypebeasts who worship him think he is.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Metapod posted:

So do you think life of pablo is good or bad cause Kobes last game was incredible

Each were spectacular car crashes that consumed the media and would have been a consummate failure for anyone else but the person doing it and any appreciation was only based on the reputation of the person doing it.

Edit: also, notice that both faded from cultural relevance extremely quickly because everyone secretly knows it was bad

roundmidnight fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 9, 2017

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Also pursuant to the KW/KB argument is that each left one major shoe company for another to release vastly inferior signature sneakers.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I would give Red Panda the full five year max in the year of our lord 2017 and I don't give a gently caress

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
None of them look OK, it's terrible.

Edit: decidedly anti-advertising on clothing that are themselves advertisements for merchandise for one of thirty small for-profit companies

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I did not realize this until today, but the only All-Star - there's only ONE! - from the 2013 draft is Giannis. What a year.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

morestuff posted:

It wasn't a good draft but it's also still pretty early. Gobert will make it next year, McCollum will get in at some point. Porter might sneak in down the line.

That's true, it's only been a few years, but man. What a terrible class.

I don't actually think McCollum has that great a shot at it unless the Blazers improve significantly. There's just too many good backcourt players in the West.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

It's appropriate that the Raptors' graph looks like the sword they fall onto every year in the playoffs.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Except every ring chasing veteran in the league is going to be clamoring to sign with the Warriors for the minimum. They will have their pick of the litter.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I think it's just that there is rarely a guaranteed championship, and the Warriors are the closest thing to it.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Derrick Rose is also a loving rapist, so there's that

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Blowing the first 3-0 lead in NBA playoff history would suit me just fine.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I forgot until now that Harry Giles measured a 27-inch vertical at the combine.

Dark.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I'll just have to be satisfied knowing that part of KD knows that this title and the ones that will come after it aren't particularly meaningful for him personally and he'll always be associated with them rather than the other way around.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Lockback posted:

So anyone predicting a sweep care to put your money where your posts are?

I'll take the first bettor to step up

$25 to the winner's charity of choice

You win if the Warriors complete their sweep and go 16-0 in the playoffs (and those of you who think these playoffs suck, if the Warriors do that it'll probably be talked about more than any other playoffs this decade).

I win if the Cavs manage to take 1 game.

Can the Warriors make a 2 game win streak happen?

I'll take the bet.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Lockback posted:

We have a challenger!

This is fun, because the last time I was rooting for the evil empires to prevail. Though I do think 16-0 in my lifetime would be pretty neat.

I have no particular horse in the race but I think it'd be fun!

I'll choose MSF/Doctors Without Borders.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Would that team beat the Warriors? Serious question.

Could he be an...Albridge Over Troubled Water?

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I just need this season to be taken out behind the barn and put out of its misery already.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Time for LeBron to pop open a Domaine de la Romanée-Conti I guess

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

I'll donate to the EDF tomorrow when I'm back at home, by the way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Imagine if Kevin Durant was an incredible musician and songwriter. He spends years getting better, each record is a step in his musical development. Sure, his backup band is a little rough, but that's ok! His sales are never quite what they should be but it's cool, everyone who has taste knows what's up! One year, he releases an album that is amazing, better than ever, and you cannot wait for the next one because it could be an all-timer.

Then Kevin Durant joins The Eagles because he's sick of not going platinum. Sure, he's still the best songwriter in the band and his personal skills are not diminished but it still sucks, you know? You're never getting that Highway 61 Revisited/Bridge Over Troubled Water/Thriller, you're getting stuff that dominates the charts for a decade.

This is how I feel. Also, the Eagles are loving trash.

• Locked thread