Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm very excited for basketball tonight, if only to see the Knicks with a real head coach and actual support behind Melo and Zingis

the matchups I'm excited to see early on this year are Warriors-Bucks and Warriors-Wolves. both teams have length and size over the Warriors, and will give them a run for their money for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

once I start teaching, I will make it a point to ask my students if there is a better play than The Block. answering yes is an automatic failure tbh

e: I took a look at the highlights from Knicks-Cavs, and LeBron just savaging the Knicks is nothing new. Porzingis looked good, and put up a solid amount of threes. Derrick Rose may be Back too, which would be interesting to see if he can hold up for a period of time (he won't).

Kyrie is a bad, bad, bad man

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 26, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Did the Bucks have Giannis run the point all night? Because that 31/9/5 is pretty drat impressive

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

straight up brolic posted:

In honor of his 29th birthday: the last time that Derrick Rose was good, Andrew Bynum was the most promising young center in the league.

its amazing how quickly the league has changed. the 2012-13 Knicks were lauded for making the most threes by a team, ever! those days seem so quaint

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Wade being a good three point shooter has me hosed up

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Shook meme aside, Curry did play the Finals on pretty much one leg coming off a hard fought comeback against OKC. he was getting wrapped up on defense in some crazy physical ways too. so it's not surprising that he didn't play as well against a relatively fresh and healthy Kyrie Irving

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was laughing when I saw this gif

Porzingis looks way stronger this year, he's going to be a force Evan

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

LeBron has a good sense of humor

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/793107069398286337

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this is a good take on what OKC's offense can be (it's The Ringer but they have good basketball stuff)

https://theringer.com/russell-westbrooks-liberation-tour-is-everything-we-d-hoped-it-d-be-6c35a6c0c5b5#.mejzwym7b

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/793519935473332224

I think this is pretty cool, the NBA does everything the best so it'll be a good show

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I kind of wonder what the next big evolution in basketball will be; we're in the middle of leaguewide pace and space, so I feel that the next trend is a move back to post-up offense but with skilled bigs who can pass and knock down three pointers, some type of position less thing with lots of switching on defense

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

R.D. Mangles posted:

three alphas

i'm really surprised that the three are gelling so well so soon

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Athanatos posted:

Westbrook is dropping 60 points tonight right?

What's the record for most FGA? Russ will get close to that

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

N: Isaiah Whitehead is starting for the Nets tonight

V: He played for my school last year. Campus was rocking from January to March. I'm rooting for him to succeed, even if he doesn't do anything else other than hang around as a 14th or 15th man.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

hot take: the Warriors should have kept Barnes and the possibility of bench depth instead of going for broke with KD

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

MourningView posted:

were you also a huge Barnes fan when he was going 2-800 in the finals last year?

I should have included a should of, haha

'm not a Warriors fan or anything, I was just providing a faux hot take for humor. I think if the Warriors believed they had no shot at KD, they would have looked to fill out the wing with someone else that fit the offense and load up on depth. but still, one really ice cold series doesn't break a player or anything

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

euphronius posted:

I watched a lot of Kansas embiid and never saw this

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/795816073035542529

Embiid watched a lot of white folks go to work over the last two years

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

How does one man knock down 13 of 17 three pointers :stare:

there were some difficult shots there too! Curry remains one of the more exciting players in the league, and it would be much worse without him

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Knicks have a real coach for the first time in forever and here comes Phil to ruin it all :suicide:

at least it's not Dolan and his fedora

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

SVG's comments are great, walls should only exist in basketball as a strategy

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

chunkles posted:

Jim Harden: 24/15/12/1stl.

PG Harden is an amazing fruitful experiment, that offense looks a lot cleaner without Dwight in the post

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Redgrendel2001 posted:

-Boston gets Klay
-GS gets Noel and one of Crowder/Bradley
-Philly gets Brooklyn 2018 pick and one of Crowder/Bradley

this seems heinously light for Klay Thompson, Golden State should at least get the 2017 pick swap with Brooklyn

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Draymond Green and Luke Walton made a bet on the Arizona-Michigan State game, and Draymond lost. he paid Walton in quarters

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Porzingis claimed Cody Zeller's soul

https://twitter.com/theclemreport/status/802341650085408768

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Boogie is hitting almost 40% from 3? :stare:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought the most jarring thing about the Hinkie piece is that he is dually the grinder type guy from Oklahoma and a new age disrupter

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've watched parts of old games before, and it's amazing at how different everything is compared to now. for one, the pace of the game was so slow, how could anyone watch (for reference, I was born during Game 4 of the 96 Finals) but it's cool to learn the history of the game. Jordan could play today for sure

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Chuck gets shamed for his bad opinions

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/659259297352650752

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

imagine if Rondo didn't try to be like KG

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Greg Monroe for Joakim Noah tbh, it makes sense for both sides

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think the Knicks winning games is a cool thing, but I'd rather they try and build a team around Porzingis than try and get something out of the last years of Melo. this draft is pretty deep, deep enough that I think they can find someone who can play at 10-12

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Luke Walton is great

http://deadspin.com/steaming-mad-luke-walton-curses-out-officials-after-eje-1790028853

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The D-League becoming a legit NBA minor league is cool and good, will definitely help a team develop continuity for its systems

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The "With Apologies to Metapod" Rule

https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/809430191563046913

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

i think my favorite part of that whole Simmons thing was that the Celtics acquired John Wall for IT and the 2018 Brooklyn pick. underrated passage is Steph Curry leaving the Warriors for the Hornets

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

2016 is literally one of the worst years ever :smith:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dave Joerger is a cool and good coach, I hope Boogie stays so he can dunk on lovely reporters forever

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Simmons' article proves that he hasn't watched an NBA game, like at all, recently

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kyle Korver on the Cavs is nasty, basically takes up the JR spot. Does this signal the Hawks blowing it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

GM Bud really shot himself in the foot with signing Dwight and not pulling the trigger on a Horford deal last year

• Locked thread