Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Spoeank posted:

I've never been so excited about a sports thing as I am for the Russell Westbrook scorched earth campaign

How many games in until he's hurt? I kid, I kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

wow hes my favorite nba player now

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

rip craig sager

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Going to see the Celtics tonight. Hope you boys have a nice night.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Watching the celtics

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Devin Booker just dropped 70 on the Celtics.

Ya crazy

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Idk Miami is scary. I hope my Celtics don't have to play them in the first round

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

EvanTH posted:

and they own the pick of the team with the worst record in the NBA so they can go to heck

It's cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

Heat will upset the Celtics in the 1st round if they get healthy.

Yeah. And we'll draft someone who does too much cocaine one night and dies before his first game.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

You guys need to factor height into your equations. The Beard? 6'5". Rus? 6'3". IT? 5'9". The answer is clear.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

If the Celtics get the first overall pick they should 100% keep it and draft Fultz. If they don't they should trade it for Butler or PG.

Butler or PG on my Celtics :circlefap:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Big game tonight for my Celts.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ragle posted:

Best and worst NBA coaches
1. Pop
2. Carlisle
3. Spo
4. Stevens
5. Kerr
26. Walton
27. Watson
28. Thibodeau
29. Gentry
30. Lue

Stevens is the best

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What if Len Biased Never Diead

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Nooo

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Boston doesn't deserve good things
gently caress you

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

AggressivelyStupid posted:

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/855454398662799360

Olynk derails another championship season. When will this ogre get kicked out of the league?

Hopefully never so i kill myself

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

of course

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I dislike Blake a lot so hope he doesn't come to Boston. He'll probably go to Miami or something. Whatever

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

EvanTH posted:

It's probably wrong to tell people this because keeping a positive outlook is very important but yes in general surgery is far more dangerous than generally acknowledged:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11982478

It's dangerous to go cutting on someone

It is but it's a lot less dangerous now then it was in the past and it will continue getting safer. I think one day it will be as safe as flying in a zeppelin.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It's 2017 and betas are cool and we're all trying to imbrace change and innovation

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

RaySmuckles posted:

man, celtics/bulls is a pretty vicious series.

i've heard a couple things this season about the celtics being punks (the wizards accusation comes to mind) and its starting to show during this series. its making it hard to root for them (i have friends that are from Mass) cuz they act like little…well, punks!

The School of Pierce and Garnett. The tradition continues..

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bulls should've kept Kirk Hinrich.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lmao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

gently caress Bill Simmons

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

DeimosRising posted:

Who the gently caress is albrecht

He invented fertilizer and also mustard gas

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

ESPN still makes crazy profit, but the markets want endless growth.

Growth through amputation owns.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dejan Bimble posted:

I don't have an image editor installed on this computer but I can show you the confirmation with my details blurred out in a few hours. The donation to MPR is done. Entropy reigns, evil prevails, it's my birthday and it's literally my birthday and I'll cry if I want to.

Happy birthday

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dexo posted:

Hahahaha that motherfucking Bulls press conference.

It was like an hour of GarPax throwing Fred Hoiberg under the bus, but still not firing him as then they wouldn't have a punching bag.

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/859806225885745152

gently caress that. What a poo poo org

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's the real reason boxing is dying, people want an american heavyweight champion who knocks everyone out and they don't care about anything else. Knockouts sell. That's why Pacquiao Maywether was a huge fight, because Manny knocked so many people out, and Floyd was undefeated. Floyd waited for Manny to age out of his prime to fight him, like he did for so many other fighters. That's why he has a billion dollars and no obvious signs of CTE, he's the clever villain wrestler who points to his brain to emphasize his wits and craft are why he's defeating your strong and brave hero.

I feel like boxing also sagged in popularity because it was perceived as too brutal. Now we know that football is just as bad, if not worse, and we have bloody MMA fights weekly, so I think it will survive.

It has safety as a niche ethnic sport in america with superfights once a year or so, it can climb out of that niche. The bar where I watched the Mayweather fight was like 99% Pinoy except for my friend and I and we both bet on Floyd to win, the odds were great because of all the people who bet against him just because they loved Manny and hated Floyd. The tension was incredible. They all thought Manny still had a chance, but entropy reigns and the philly shell can only be cracked by a man in motion

Boxing is also insanely boring.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

There should be no refs in any sport

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Salvor_Hardin posted:

IIRC, Ray Allen would expect the other guys to show up to his charity events but would blow off anyone else's.

lol that's cool.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It's cool knowing who ever wins this will lose to the Cavs.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

euphronius posted:

God they all look awful

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Zogo posted:

It looks like we're on course for round 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whsDovGwYnI

She's right.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

illcendiary posted:

whats dad dick mean

When you have a huge dick and you like Seinfeld/Curb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Don't worry, we'll gently caress it up

• Locked thread