Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Bashez posted:

I've just had a revelation.

Why does Durant take so much heat for joining the Warriors but they all seem to get a pass for recruiting Durant? They win 73 games and fall 1 game short of a title because they finally played a healthy team and they have to go out and recruit Durant. I feel like I've opened my eyes for the first time. It's not Durant that's a giant baby that can't take the heat. It's the Warriors.

The warriors had the option of keeping Harrison Barnes and paying him a lot, or getting someone else. Given the option of Durant or Barnes, would be negligent not to take Durant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

I think it's nice to see KD scoring all these points and kicking rear end in the finals. He looks really comfortable without all the Westbrooking getting in the way.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

RaySmuckles posted:

he's won a ring. it still has the same value as any other ring.

but his path to winning it and the narrative around that ring is subject to interpretation.

in my opinion, there's no great story to it, in contrast to many other players. his winning is boring because its expected. this warriors championship is no great thing. its no 2011 mavs and therefore when considering his "greatness" it won't factor much into it. fortunately, KD is pretty great on his own so i can't see it diminishing him as much as i would personally like to see.

he definitely took the path of least resistance and did a thing that will rightly make people question him for years to come. but he also won a ring on a team that will be forever heralded as one of the best ever.

its a complicated situation and peoples' personal biases will color their interpretation.

personally, i think he's a total bitch, soft to the core, and should take no great satisfaction in his "accomplishment." but then again, i'm not a warriors fan so it should be expected that i feel that way.

to me the biggest loss is the competition in the west where there are often around 4 contenders. since 2010 there have been 5 different western teams in the finals. that's pretty cool in my opinion, considering the east has only had 3. though i guess if you go back to 2000 there have still only been 5 western teams in the finals and 8 eastern teams which definitely undoes my point a little. but its not just about who goes to the finals, its about how they got there. i don't mind watching great teams win so long as its not boring blow outs and sweeps. if durant was still on the thunder there would be 4+ teams that could have won this year and the playoffs would have been more interesting and the story lines would have been more interesting. "can anyone even compete" is much more boring to me than "a great team proved how good it was against other great teams"

blah blah blah
How many thousands of words have you wads shitted out about this.

• Locked thread