Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Broken ring chasing David West is a sad sight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

They can become a perpetual 6-8 seed and recreate the magic of the Nick Van Exel teams that every Laker fan bizarrely insists were actually their favorite

Look how else do you separate yourself from the fake fans and prove you are legit. It's why I know you have a Carlos Arroyo jersey in your closet

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Magic Johnson with a hot take
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/795332680502026240

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

yeah except Cuban banned the writers because he's upset that ESPN isn't covering his team enough lmao

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/795475933704622080

he really is the donald trump of the nba

"it's a beat writer's fault the locker room is toxic!!"

*trades for rajon rondo*

https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/795476017544568832

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"I love Cuban because he acts just like a regular sports guy!

No, sports fans are garbage people

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I trash Draymond all the time but please dump him on the Kings so we can have him play next to Cousins thx guys

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

Dumping Green would be so loving stupid hth

Klay is way way way more replaceable

"We've secretly replaced Klay Thompson with Ben McLemore. Let's see if anyone can tell the difference!"
*Ben dribbles ball off his foot*

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Klay is really really good but I think Declan's point is that stretch 4 who can guard all front court positions and pass and playmake is a lot harder to replace than an elite shooting 2 guard that can guard 3 wing positions.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This is the same conversation we had about the Heat year 1. Trade Bosh for depth

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

We used to laugh at Nellieball and playing Al Harrington at the 4. Like all great visionaries he was just too ahead of his time

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings draft all the bigs, the kryptonite to the Warriors. If we make the playoffs the championship is ours

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Apparently some Western conference executive (Pete D'alessandro) was complaining in some interview about how Vivek was paying off the Kings blogger/fansites which is just hilarious sour grapes and salty tears

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

and it's Amico doing the accusing, who got caught stealing from the Kings SBNation blog, and then calling it trash and got roasted for it.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/sacramento-kings-sactown-royalty-sam-amico-content.html

quote:

“I’d take (Cousins), but you’d need a dominant personality to control him," one Western Conference executive said. "I’ve been in that locker room. He’s a problem. They’d love to trade him, but can’t. So they act like they won’t. They would, though — tomorrow.”

Geee, I wonder what Western Conference executive who has been in the Kings locker room could that be?!?!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

newyorkbasketball.mp4
https://streamable.com/u9m6

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

To be fair, Bogut probably thinks people who are just being polite and civil to each other are two faced.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/politico/status/796800379501576192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not as good as Obama breaking Rajon's spirit but not bad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dexo posted:

Never Forget.

Obama:“Derrick Rose may have your number.”

Kobe: “If he calls that number, I’ll be sure to pick up after the fifth ring.”

:smith: Gonna miss Obama. Also when Rose wasn't a allegedly rapey rear end in a top hat.

You know weirdo Kobe probably had like 500 practiced, rehearsed, and memorized zingers queued up for that meeting

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Away all Goats posted:

Man I never really appreciated how cool Obama is until now
You didn't realize this back in 2013?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFhE8k-b2wg

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Terrence Williams talk where are you Declan

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

True story Kosta had a bottle of Axe hair thickening shampoo in his locker. Wonder why he didn't have a sponsorship deal

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/797467907966070784

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sonics expansion team confirmed?
https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/798144654881542144

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I assume all NBA GMs hate Ainge, given that he plays the media rumor game hard and appears to overvalue his assets

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings traded Jon Barry for Mateen and I'm still mad about it.

I think Ray Allen managed to keep him around on the sonics because he was friends with everyone on the team

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Didn't think sadjohnwall.jpg would get topped

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Josh Smith took 18 threes in his second game in China.

Somewhere Mike Woodson just had a heart attack

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Nets are like playing in China but without the stat multipliers that get bestowed on marginal players

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

"People there (in Sacramento) told me, and at first I didn't believe it because it sounds like an excuse somebody would make for somebody, but he's (George Karl) a (North) Carolina guy and you're a Duke guy. And some people there told me that he had some preconceived ideas about what Duke pros were like -- that they didn't make it or they ended up not being what people said they would be -- and he would say it out loud. And people there would hear it. Did you ever hear it?"

"I did," Curry answered. "It felt like every single day he would make a little Duke jab, or say something about Duke-Carolina. I'm like, 'Wow, this is happening every single day, this might be a little real.' But I don't know if that's the reason why he didn't play me on a consistent basis...

"I used to hear it and I used to hear people talk about how serious he was about it. It was a tough time early on in that year."

George Karl everyone

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Artic Puma posted:

Chandler Parsons is cool???

Wow, the kids parents were okay with their 13 year old dating his teacher. WTF?

Maybe they assumed an older woman would practice safer sex

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings still would gladly take chucker Buddy Hield

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

WCS has looked terrible. I like him but Joerger's more rigid system is giving him problems and his effort and focus is inconsistent.

No clue on Casspi other than he's more O leaning than D compared to Barnes

Sucks that we have a good coach and he doesn't like a good chunk of the roster

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The draft day trades were very good. What they did with the picks is another story

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm confused at some takes people have on the Kings roster. Yeah the asset cupboard is bare. But there aren't a lot of long term deals on the books and the few they have aren't that big of a deal. By not trading Rudy for a monta Ellis or Stuckey poop platter, trading for more picks/assets during the draft, and basically doing the bare minimum about their PG situation, the Kings effectively said they are starting over. They owe an unprotected pick but they have a fair bit of flexibility going forward. The only question is if they think Cousins will stick around, and why make a deal before next summer if you don't have to.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Raptors got screwed tonight but it's amazing how many raptor fans are still salty about that one Kyle Lowry offensive foul call from like 3 years ago that actually was an offensive foul

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Play of the game
https://streamable.com/gkrd

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't get why people are saying the Kings clock operator is bad at his job or screwed up. He started the clock like a half second after the ball was tipped by Cousins, that's pretty drat good reaction time for that unexpected situation and there is a hard limit to just how quick a human can react. The only screw up was the refs for their decision. And the NBA for continuing to leave the human element in officiating decisions

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hand Row posted:

How have the Kings been unlucky?

Consider the Kings record the last 10 years and then look at how many times the Kings drafted in the top 3. Minnesota fans used to whine about how unlucky they were in the lottery but they've drafted in the top 3 three times and got the #1 pick when KAT was on the board.

Granted, the Kings have done a bunch of stupid poo poo in their own but they've been given like zero breaks except for that time 4 teams passed on Cousins

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Kings are unlucky in that they didn't get a top 3 pick to waste on Derrick Williams, Waiters, Anthony Bennett, or Evan Turner. We all know that's what would've happened.

You can cherry pick bad top three picks in individual cases but that's not fair. Minnesota ended up with Derrick Williams one year and later on lucked out with Towns. Turner => Embiid and Simmons. Waiters and Bennett=> Wiggins. These bad teams eventually got lucky at the right time. Kings really haven't been lucky at the right or wrong time.

Granted the Kings have been a terribly run team, but imagine how much better off they'd be if the were in a situation where they were drafting #1 or #2 in a three person draft and it was impossible to screw up

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ross absolutely knew how much time he had. He knew he had time to dribble and pull up instead of just heaving it at the rim as soon as he got it.

Restarting the play is a terrible suggestion because then it negates a nice defensive play by Cousins.

Thinking about it, this isn't that much unheard of. We had this argument back in the 90s before replay was allowed. Basically the officials wouldn't even bother with the clock. They'd consider the time on the clock and only count specific kinds of shots. .7 means catch and shoot, 2 seconds a single dribble and pull up, etc. I still think it was a bad call but officials used to make decisions contrary to what the clock would say or based on guestimates. The president is kind of there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Kings also always managed to win just enough games to be outside the top players. They are a poster-child for being punished for not tanking. Shoulda had a process, and then trusted that process.

Draft 2.0????

I like how the crowd sourced guys we picked said we should draft Vonleh or Napier. I also like how we completely ignored them

• Locked thread