Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Is Austin Rivers, untouchable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Ratzinc posted:

Rose shoots better and is an actual offensive threat, and their assist numbers are fairly close (6 vs 8). Might give their offense a different look, and knows how Thibs defense works.

Watch any Knicks game and you'll change your tune. Rose wouldn't be a bad 6th man though if you just wanted some offense in a small spurt.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

IcePhoenix posted:

Rose for Dunn (and Pek and Payne to make salaries work) who says no?

Sure. I'll take anyone we're not obligated to give minutes to for Rose.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I'm so disgusted.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Lockback posted:

Why do people think Rubio needs to be dumped? He has the 2nd highest WS/48 (over .100) on the team, 3rd highest PER (over 15), 3rd highest BPM, 3rd highest RPM.... By any metric he's a positive player and he's making 13 mil a year. He has trouble scoring, but his team is better with him on the floor.

Maybe they want to use the money saved on someone like Jrue?

WhyteRyce posted:

Dude, Rubio getting traded to the Knicks was predicted like 8 years ago by everyone :smug:

I remember that night.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Starting to do a 180 and think Knicks should maybe just let Rose expire. If we're gonna suck what's the point.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Lockback posted:

If the Knicks can get Rubio he will make your sucky team about 1000% more fun. I'm going to be seriously depressed if Ricky gets shipped but other fans should get to enjoy his play.

Hah ahh yeah, that's true. Forgot what enjoyable ball looks like.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Jota posted:

There are so many good guards coming out this year that I find it interesting that it seems like Sixers fans online have fallen in love with Frank Ntilikina, who I don't think any have ever actually seen play basketball.

I mean not having seen someone play and having strong opinions on them is a big part of the draft process, but you'd figure they get more attached to someone in college with how many good US prospects there are.

WINGSPAN

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Isola saying Rose might be let go as well. LOL, my franchise.

Should've just kept Robin Lopez.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Oh man USAGE RATE - numbers my worst enemy. If my eye test of actually watching knicks games isn't enough to convince you that rose is poison to porzingis, then I can only let someone else use numbers to argue
https://gothamsn.com/derrick-rose-and-the-importance-of-passing-ebd6ab002799#.4633hxr9g

I can't even recall a successful pick and roll/pop between Rose and anyone. He's not passing unless he's already in the air which is ludicrous to think about, especially for a PG. As much poo poo as I pile on Melo he is still hitting the open man for the most part (read: not crunch time).

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Rose also didn't bother showing up to a game this year.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

EvanTH posted:

Here's the Fresh Prince scene in question for Young Metapod and Ancient Mambold:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSKyaXkzVvc
RIP James Avery

You know that scene was shot in only one take cause Uncle Phil almost blows the scene by messing up Will's hat.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
What about Bruce Willis finding out he was dead the entire time? Add it to the list.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

RCarr posted:

Wait, Doltos, you're a Knicks/Red Sox fan?

Say it ain't so man.

Sounds like a Connecticut man

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
https://twitter.com/Schmeelk/status/842561024419151873

Doubt we move up from sixth though. I think Orlando is the one team below us that is not openly tanking.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Parsons and Deng hahaha

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Knicks guaranteed themselves the 6th slot by oh lol. There's no way we're winning this coin flip.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Doltos posted:

Them winning a few meaningless games has done more to anger me as a fan than any bullshit pulled this year with Dolan

Never forget. We did the same idiotic poo poo the yr we drafted Kris(actually every yr) but lucked out only cause he fell into our laps.

We were ahead of Philly and Orlando mere weeks ago but we only half-heartedly tanked, alternating resting Melo or Kris. Philly was ahead and immediately sat whoever was rolling last night in the 4th whereas we rode a hot Holiday to the bitter end.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 13, 2017

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Grats? We lucked out in Philly taking Okafor ahead of us is what I meant.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
LOL, I distinctly recall us turning down the Wiz pick for Wilson Chandler.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Miguel "I'm not good enough to win a single Rookie of the Month award" Brogdon.

Thanks Skip

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Knicks / Wolves coinflip about to go down, brought to you by KIA..

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
And of course we lost! Thanks Phil!

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

IcePhoenix posted:

It won't matter anyway when we move up into the top 3 with the numbers that we got from the tie.

Maybe we can both move up :sweatdrop:

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

WhyteRyce posted:

That's not the point though. It's not even a juicer it's just a bag of juice that costs more than whatever already overpriced bottle or carton of juice you can buy at Whole Foods. At this point you're just another juice hawker. Probably should have just launched a "curated" monthly juice box if you want that subscription money.

It's hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i0UugILBJg&t=72s

quote:

But after the product hit the market, some investors were surprised to discover a much cheaper alternative: You can squeeze the Juicero bags with your bare hands.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

EvanTH posted:

Pretty much. It's about watchability, and calling fouls for stuff that doesn't look like it's against the Unspoken Spirit Of The Game isn't something the general audience enjoys, and the NBA has been generally responsive about that.

Yeah, I tapped out of this series even before it started. There's a ton of awesome stuff on TV right now anyway.

That clip of the Spurs guy chasing Harden with his hands on his head and still got called for a foul was funny. Truly what the people want to see.

Here's another clip where he's fishing for another one:

Oh, but he's in their heads I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

WhyteRyce posted:

Not sure if it counts but Derek Anderson was a Team Jordan member.

As well as Vin Baker :lol:

Jared Jeffries too.

• Locked thread