Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

First thing that put a smile on my face today. Thank you.

Also, Harrison Barnes had another good game. Combined with other recent events, we can safely assume that the end is nigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

euphronius posted:

Atlanta won in Cleveland last night

They are playing well

Schrrrrrrrröder earning his money.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Thank you, Stan. The man continues to rule.

edit:

Zach Lowe posted:

Man, this is the season of crazy statistical outliers. Embiid's per-36 minute averages: 30 points, 11.5 rebounds, 4.5 blocks, almost a dozen foul shots, 5.7 fouls and 7.4 turnovers. Honestly, the turnovers might be the most impressive number. No rotation guy has ever averaged more than 5.6 cough-ups per 36 minutes over a full season. The Sixers are letting Embiid do whatever he wants, and it is amazing.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 9, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Kibner posted:

Hey now, Brolic, Frazier is also doing (kinda) well! Asik is doing no worse than Hill, too.

Everyone else, though? :negative:

Relatedly:

The team as a whole is shooting 28% on 3s with over 24 attempts a game. :(

I like Frazier a lot. 12 & 8 on good shooting numbers feels about right. He's a good one. Disclaimer: I massively overrated the Pelicans in Zogo's questionnaire, so I'm glad at least one guy other than Davis is looking solid.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Chris Mannix posted:

He studied the work ethic of Kevin Durant, absorbed the confidence of Klay Thompson and Draymond Green, and took note of how hard Kyrie Irving works at getting better at finishing at the rim. He learned leadership, something he says he and Lowry strive to be better at every day.

Well, that explains why DeRozan is setting the world on fire: he's a Monstar!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
"We are Rome."

Thanks, Pop.

Also, that Oden thing is really sad.

quote:

"But I will say that when I was playing, can you say that? ... I don't think I was that bad when I was on the court," Oden said. "I felt like it could have just got better if I had more time on there."

You were good, Greg. I hope he has friends and family to help him keep his head up.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Get the gently caress out, DeMar. Dude doesn't even hit the rim anymore on makes.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking. They've turned nba.com into an completely unusable pile of crap. I can't believe that NBA people are looking at it and go, "Rock solid!"

Time to trade him while his stock is high. Straight up for Carmelo. Fair deal.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just watched OKC - Clippers. For at least two seasons people have been wondering, "Is this the year Chris Paul drops off?" And then he's posting a PER of 32.5 through the first 9 games and you realize: he's the black John Stockton and will never drop off.

edit:

Browsing through the team rosters and stats, it feels like this season has more players going bananas than usual.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 12, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I'm glad Jimmer is finally fulfilling his destiny as the Steph Curry of China. This could have been you, Adam Morrison!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
So much for the Hezonja hype bandwagon.

Also, the Nets have really surprised me. I wasn't sure they would be able to win 15 games this season. But somehow they can hang.

Edit:

I even had to look up who their coach is right now. Please educate me on Kenny Atkinson.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 14, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Redgrendel2001 posted:

White Mamba dropping rumors that Warriors/Celtics are working on a deal for Thompson.

What? I mean, sure, we'll take Horford. :haw:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrTOCbDTZe8

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Why were the Raptors the Huskies the other day? Because I thought that blue court design + the blue jerseys were pretty neat.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

MEM’s Vince Carter joined an exclusive club on Mon. night, becoming just the 3rd player in last 40 yrs age 39 or older to score at least 20 pts w/ 5 rebs off the bench (Ewing in 2001 and MJ twice in 2002).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7_I6bqYx-M

Vince is cool.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

IcePhoenix posted:

This is legit incredible and a huge and awesome step.

Yeah, that's a really cool and good thing to do.

I can't wait for the think pieces arguing on the behalf of the NCAA how this will (somehow) ruin young men who would be better served to play basketball for free on a college campus.

"Well, you see, maturity, spoiled youth, hip-hop..."

*70 year old white dude farts into his khakis*"

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 16, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/798993139696619520

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Legend. Good shot too.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Zach Lowe on OKC and stuff around the league:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18067106/zach-lowe-russell-westbrook-steven-adams-oklahoma-city-thunder-nba

edit:

I wasn't aware of this one sided romance:

quote:

Drake wore a black T-shirt with a drawing of ESPN analyst Doris Burke’s face and the words “Woman Crush Everyday.” I’m actually starting to feel a little bit anxious for the poor woman: She told New York magazine’s Rembert Browne back in June that Drake had once turned to her during a Raptors game and shaped his hands like a heart in her general direction. She wasn’t working this ESPN broadcast, but that didn’t stop Drake from calling her a “stunning woman” in a courtside interview and adding that she should come to his house for dinner — alone. Have some chill for once, bud!

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 17, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I like how the NBA channel keeps posting random highlight clips from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMoBY5KCAAI

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

They feast.

Also, ESPN with the deep dive into the Cuban/Parsons bromance, because... poo poo, I have no idea why.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18059446/chandler-parsons-mark-cuban-bromance-threatened-mavericks

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Durant is the human torch and it's amazing. I hadn't looked at his stats so far this season, but he's shooting 57% from the field. I would have guessed even higher.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
So, why is Casspi actually collecting DNP-CDs this year? Did he piss off someone important in Sacramento?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

The Jimmer fans must be ecstatic nowadays. So many points! Scored! By Jimmer!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Jimmer kills all the crazy animals, size doesn't matter.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I didn't post last night, but man - Antetokounmpo is smooth as gently caress. What a good player he's become. If he ever finds out how to shoot, things will get ugly.

Also, happy for Kibner that the Pelicans are finally playing basketball. :unsmith:

edit:

We need to rescue John Wall.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

euphronius posted:

The problem is New Jersey isn't terrible

Which is very confusing. Nearly as confusing as the Bulls not being bad.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/800461260521357312

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Basketball-Reference gave the Suns a 85% chance of winning against the 76ers the other day. That number seemed ridiculous even before they went out and lost the game. They are really bad.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah, this seems to be the year Carlisle has run out of magic juice.

I'd rank them below the Wizards because the Wizards will at least give me John Wall breaking the sound barrier once or twice per game. The Mavs got Seth Curry shooting spot up 3s.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Like with Biyombo, Turner’s early struggles with his new team shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise; the benefits of continuity are often overlooked by fans and reporters coming into a season. The surprise is just how bad he’s been. The Blazers have a net rating of minus-16.7 when he is on the floor, and a net rating of plus-9.3 points when he is off. The good news is that he can’t continue to be as harmful as his advanced numbers suggest he has been, because no NBA-caliber player could be over the course of a season.

I want to see a team that plays both Evan Turner and Rondo at the same time. Call it morbid curiosity.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Someone working for the NBA was apparently bored, so he or she uploaded Stromile Swift's Top 20 Dunks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZghWav2tC0

Sure, why not. Still mad that such a perfect name was wasted though.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Spacebump posted:

Reminds me of the 90s Mavs draft experience. Just awful when that situation happens.

Sounds familiar. The Warriors were really, really good at blowing lottery picks for a long time. I talked myself into franchise savior and #1 overall pick Joe Smith for two years. It was loving awful.

But then, of course, they drafted Curry, Klay and Green, and all of them exceeded expectations to a ridiculous degree. So I will consider drafting loving Mike Dunleavy Jr. the blood sacrifice that was needed to right the ship.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 21, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Every time I see Devin Booker's shooting percentages, I want to take a sharpie and fix them on my monitor. I like his jumper. Facts are overrated. 28% on 5 3-pointers per game is not good.

And Memphis has a 9-5 record. I like the Grizzlies, so this is cool. Gasol and Conley are just solid.

edit:

The NBA tinkered with the International League Pass website too. Unsurprisingly, it looks like poo poo now. They are probably hard at work to add a permanent filter that renders NBA players into anime characters in real time, thus ruining the live footage which is the last part that does not suck.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 22, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Rick posted:

Nick Young, the GIF.

Luke Walton. Head Coach. Swaggy P Whisperer.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Do the Blazers suck now?

Zach Lowe wrote something on the Blazers today:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18106035/zach-lowe-portland-trail-blazers-damian-lillard-cj-mccollum-nba

quote:

At halftime in Brooklyn on Sunday, after the Blazers' league-worst defense coughed up another 64 points to the lowly Nets, Meyers Leonard approached Damian Lillard with a plea: "Maybe it's time for you to talk one-on-one with some guys about their defense," Leonard told Portland's franchise player. "Everyone respects what you say."

Lillard considered it, but decided to stay quiet. "The defensive issues -- I'm a part of it," Lillard told ESPN.com the next day. (Leonard would admit he is, too.) "I didn't want to go telling people, 'You need to do this or that.' Enough talking has been done."

Lillard eventually confronted Evan Turner, Portland's struggling free agent splurge, after Turner -- caught on a switch -- let Brook Lopez dribble from the 3-point arc all the way to the rim. "That can't happen," Lillard told Turner. Beyond that scolding, Lillard shut his mouth and played harder.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Gucci Mane didn't just kisscam propose, he also gave away a Rolex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CA9QogpYIo

edit:

Also, the guy who posted the video above also uploads the condensed 10 minute versions (you get to watch with League Pass) of every game to his channel daily. In case anyone is looking for something like that.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 23, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The Warriors scored a lot of points last night. And the Pelicans have a pulse. I like that.

Also, if anyone cares, Steve Kerr is on the latest episode of David Axelrod's podcast. He talks about his youth, the assassination of his father, Trump, stuff like that.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

The Grizzlies continue to be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
If Bill Walton decides to call you out during a broadcast, you know you've hosed up big time. I picture him as the type of loving guy who says hi to every tree whenever he takes a walk through the forest.

• Locked thread