Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
Back to those hashtags, what does #MFFL even mean?
Also, #takenote is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

tatankatonk posted:

Is Steven Adams good

I mean, I would automatically say "He's not $25 million a year good" but this is a brave new world

He's going to be a top 5 centre in this league for a while if he isn't one already.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

This article has him top 8 and it appeared on the nba.com so it must be true! I actually have him ahead of a few of the others in the top 5 on that list, but I could be higher on him based mostly on the fact that he is an awesome Kiwi.
http://www.nba.com/article/2016/10/21/fran-blinebury-ranks-top-centers-2016-17-nba-season

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Does anyone know what Boban went as for Halloween? Actually, we should really have made an NBA halloween thread.
I guess if this was just a salary dump for OKC it makes sense, but otherwise...?
The S7 Edge is a legitimately good phone and that interview with Adams reiterated his top 5 centre in the leagueness. I would love to have him on my team.

Unrelated, anyone who hates the ESPN box scores, I found this plugin to make them not suck:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enhanced-espn-nba-box-sco/obmjelnefbpppnlclofadlniafdnhjpc

Smellyhead fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 1, 2016

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Watching videos of Hakeem will never get tired. The dude had the greatest footwork we will probably ever see. It makes me long for someone with a bad arse post game.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
We had Teague vs George HIll talk just before the season began. I was so wrong in thinking that Teague was an adequate replacement. George Hill has been playing fantastic for the jazz.
#takenote

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Early contender for shaqtin' a fool play of the year.

https://vine.co/v/5DMBevxJIv1

e: How do I embed Vines?

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Announcer talk run down from my pov.
Worst Homers:
Houston, San Antonio, Boston, Cleveland, Pacers. (Blazers would have been top but they are actually watchable this year.)

Best crew:
Twolves, Knicks, Dalls, Brooklyn.

Worst individual announcers:
Jon Barry, Chris Webber, Reggie, Clyde, Sean Elliot, Quin Buckner, Austin Carr, Stacey King. Tommy would be in this list, but he gets a weird pass.

Best individual announcers:
Bones, Walt, Jim Petersen.

I legitimately can't watch a Spurs/Houston game with the sound on unless it is nationally broadcast.

Smellyhead fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 4, 2016

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Why is #kgarea21 using the walking dead theme song?

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
What is this mannequin challenge thing? The Bucks one was amazing. Sacramento should be disqualified because one of their dudes blinked.
Anyone know what reason Bogut sat out the last mavs game for? I went on twitter to find out mid the lakers/warriors games and searching for "Bogut" resulted in thousands of people saying "the warriors really miss Bogut."

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Random news:
Stocktons kid signed with the New Zealand Breakers this morning.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

misdirectomy posted:

Somewhere there's a universe where Draymond DOESN'T dickcheck LeBron for stepping over him, Bogut doesn't get hurt and the Warriors win in 6 like God intended, the British don't sever their ties with the continent, the Cubs lose in the NLDS like they're supposed to, and Donald Trump isn't the Commander in Chief of the US military. Actions have consequences yo.

I wish I wish I hadn't killed that fish.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Papercut posted:

Lillard has been finishing MUCH better at the rim this year than any previous year. Here's a graphic. Early of course, but it's still been really nice to see.

He's also currently 3rd in the league in free throw attempts and makes. He's playing his mind out (on offense at least!). It's fun to watch.

What happened in the second half of last nights game? He had like 12 points at the half then ended up with 38 somehow. Was it all end of game fouls?

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
That Harden guy is kinda good huh.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Lockback posted:

He also poo poo on Mark Jackson every chance he got so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

Bogut still hasn't shat on Jackson as many times as Jackson has shat on Bogut.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Demar Derozan question, has any guard ever scored this many points in this few games with this few 3 pointers made?
I feel like the fact that he's doing all of this from his "inefficient"mid-range game is the most incredible part of his current run.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

The greatest part about this is that it lead me to check out his twitter feed which is literally just him indivdiually replying "thanks" to hundreds of people saying "I hope you get your bike back" messages.

That TMNT 8 bit soundtrack was so good!

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
They are missing Jae Crowder and Al Horford. They'll be fine when they come back.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

Does Jake Layman have a nickname because I think it should be "The Professional."

No women. No kids.

Everyone in my I.T. department that I worked for were often referred to as "the tech posse". I was unaware I should be offended.

Would it be more or less offensive if PJ used the word "flock" instead?

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Watching old man Vince is so much fun. I secretly hope that he gets to have a Kobe style farewell tour. I would love watching him play on a lovely team putting up 40 shots a night in his last season.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Rankled is a word that is not used enough in society.
I think Larry the Latino was my favourite part of that whole post. I need to get archives.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Here I was all excited to see potential NBA talent coming to Aus:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/sports/basketball/australia-college-basketball-recruiting.html?mtrref=undefined&_r=0

But these D-League changes could actually render that moot. With the lovely AU dollar, we can't pay them as much as they'll get there now.
Also, Terrence Ferguson has shown very little this year in the NBL.His backcourt team-mate Jerome Randle has been sensational though. Thibs should sign him.

Has that Ben Simmons one-and-done docco been released yet?

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Zogo posted:

Somebody has to get the blame for all NBA technologies going down the toilet. NBA.com in 1996 was LIGHT-YEARS ahead of this. Maybe Adam Silver should be fired into the sun.

They updated ILP a couple of days ago and now it is complete and utter trash. The video window is less than half of the screen and it dies so often now. I wish they would go back :(

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
If they do actually uphold this, they're setting a pretty terrible precedent here. With the way the timer played out, etc etc it basically means that any time there is a normal human delay in starting the clock, the refs have the right to overrule that so the players essentially will never know when the clock is right.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Niwrad posted:

League Pass continues to be loving trash. For all the poo poo the NBA does well, they continue to make it worse year after year.

ILP has been pathetic ever since the update. I pause a game, come back 3 minutes later and it has switched my feed or restarted the game completely or just started playing all on its own for no reason. It's atrocious.

Bashez posted:

This boggles my mind.

There was no incorrect impression of the time given to the Raptors in any meaningful capacity. Ross isn't looking at the clock and determining if he should shoot it at .2 or .4 seconds left, that's ridiculous.

You're the only person I've seen saying that he should have known exactly how much time was left and should have manually counted in his head the exact 2.4 seconds even though you can actually see him look at the clock during that 2.4 seconds. How on earth is he supposed to go "oh no, that is actually an incorrect clock because the guy touched the ball first and the referees didn't start the clock."

You're saying he should know this even though his back was turned to the clock when he was running towards the ball that had been deflected and couldn't possibly see a clock displaying the time and when it had started.

Like, really?

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Pop did not like having a close game vs the non injured Mavs.
https://twitter.com/jmcdonald_saen/status/800921127107305473

The video of this was even better:
https://twitter.com/CaseyKeirnan/status/800918510708916224

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Fun fact. There are currently 7 centres in the league shooting a higher 3pt% than Klay Thompson.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Metapod posted:

Catch phrases are cool and good

Counter point:
Mama, there goes that man.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Trading for Rudy Gay is about as smart as trading for Jeff Green.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
I just want to thank you all for being particularly entertaining over the last few pages. All the ben and jerrys talk plus the hate for macarons has definitely brought my faith in humanity back.

Time posted:

I'm over kinda over corey brewer but he and josh smith will forever get more rope than appropriate from me. Watching the two of them bomb the clippers out of the playoffs is one of the NBAs greatest storylines

Nothing sums up Corey Brewer better than this posession.
https://twitter.com/SportsFanzoo/status/803199423723479041

Smellyhead fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 29, 2016

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Wait, so you don't pronounce his name "Day-vis"?

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Are the wolves so bad because Thibs doesn't have a short, shooty point guard?

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
That Buddy video was so painful to watch. Is he leading the league in airballs?

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
I feel like this thread needs more Adams quotes:

“I’m not really into them. I don’t really care,” Adams said of Westbrook’s triple-doubles. “It’s more so his energy and his leadership. And then as a dude, he’s just a really good guy. That’s all as a team we expect, and he comes and shows regardless of what the stat sheet says or whatever, that he’s just a good dude and makes everyone around him better. Top lad. Top lad.”

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Is there a command for seeing shots a player shoots that are blocked. I'd love to see all of Steph's shots that have been blocked this season. I feel like he constantly goes up on the wrong side of the basket and would like to confirm this.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
I can't believe everyone just let that Gordon Hayward/Larry Bird comparison from a couple of pages back bounce through to the keeper.

If you're talking about bad unicorns, you can't not mention Joe Alexander.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Larry Nance Jr. might be planning on participating in the dunk contest.
https://twitter.com/Larrydn22/status/811662621682307072

In Larry Nance news:

https://twitter.com/Larrydn22/status/811634710485016577?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Which also gave me an excuse to post this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOGUgdeD45f/

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
I had never seen this clip before and it makes me love Vince Carter even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP8LQz0IKLM

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003

dokmo posted:

Melo's biggest problem besides age is that over the last couple of seasons he has not been able to play at PF much, and is it much easier to guard him with a SF. Don't blame him for his declining performance, blame Porzingis.

He hasn't played at pf much because he came out and said "don't play me at pf."
Speaking of trade talk, I feel like this season has had the last in-season trades in any of the last ten years. Has there been more than one trade made yet?

Smellyhead fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
In the latest edition of "No poo poo, Sherlock"

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/821528899750215680

• Locked thread