Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

The Sixers suck too but the process is so seductive...

Tell that to Rihanna and Kim K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I enjoy all forms of basketball and hope to see you all in the college thread as well because basketball is better when you examine it as a whole.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Adun posted:

I love college basketball but you really shouldn't even watch the first 2 months until league play starts and/or once the 1-and-done kids get acclimated

Watching them get acclimated is the best part. ???

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

racist

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

Wanting to be 'complete player,' Joel Embiid works on leading fastbreak: Toward the end of Sixers practice Monday, Joel Embiid participated in a fast-break drill … by himself. Embiid brought the ball up the floor in a one-on-none situation against members of the Sixers' coaching staff. He's already showed off his three-point shooting skills and now he’s running the break? “I’ve always thought I was a point guard,” Embiid joked. “So that’s something that I want to do.”

I'm not sure he's joking

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rookie PER is going to Embiid c'mon. It was 28.2 this preseason.

vvvvv Or that.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 26, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He also shot people from a university tower, making him pure Austin

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Get hype for the process.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/26/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-the-process/?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

full quote from earlier:

The Process posted:

“You know how I learned to shoot?” Embiid says. “I watched white people. Just regular white people. They really put their elbow in and finish up top. You can find videos of them online.”

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

milk milk lemonade posted:

What is Peggy from Mad Men doing there

How dare you say such a thing about Steve from Stranger Things

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's gonna foul out a lot of dudes and then make them pay by shooting in the 80s from free throw.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

I'm not starting anything but he tv presentation of football is getting really bad

NBA still is doing well. They could probably cut one or two tv time outs but it's ok.

When you go to an NFL game and watch players just standing around during a TV timeout it really drives home how disgusting that is. I mean, as if football didn't have enough breaks for commercials.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Otto Porter getting the day one start. HYPE

Oubre > Porter

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

I hope Embiid stays healthy cause he says funny things on twitter

I find it hilarious that Embiid grew up in an upper middle class home and his mom drove a Mercedes but when he came to America he told people he killed a lion because Americans will believe anything and then Americans believed it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

Embiid was raised in an upper middle class home in the Cameroonian capital of Yaounde. His parents made him wash his own clothes by hand, but they employed a maid. His mother drove a Mercedes. He ate omelettes for breakfast. He was not allowed to play sports until he had memorized all the notes he jotted throughout the day’s classes. “I was a little soft,” Embiid says, “but the Americans had no idea about any of that. They just knew I was from Africa. They thought I grew up poor, in the jungle, killing lions. I was like, If that’s how they think of me, I’m going to use it.”

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/26/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-the-process/?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

This whole article is a pro click

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Those shoes belong in the fashion thread. Joel's are pretty nice too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

tatankatonk posted:

What does Steven Adams do really well? I don't mean to be snide, it's just that i've always thought his game is so workmanlike that he just kind of fades into the background until somebody like zach lowe points out that he does X unusually well

100m and he can't guard Embiid so there's that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not usually down with tattoos but you're right it's pretty great. He reminds me of a 7 foot Khal Drogo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Embiid is Muad'Dib, Simmons is Leto II.

/nerdalert

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Psshhh.

Hinkie is the Bene Geserit. They created the Process but get no credit for it and no control over it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Glen Davis is a much less recognizable name than Jo-el Em-biid.

Why would you want to deny the world that smooth of a sounding name?

It's great when he scores in Philly, too.

ehhmmmmmmBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiidddd

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pylb posted:

What happens to the Process nickname when he moves to another team?

"That's Just The Business Process"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Thon Maker is the best teenager in the NBA

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

predicto posted:

:perfect:

someone else on this board is as old as poo poo, not just me hooray

attackmole posted:

Literally just came here to post the Paul Pierce interview and say that it was actually pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zum87PfVgw

Not exactly compelling TV, but I hope some form of it keeps on existing on the internet.

That doesn't say "Inbox with Paul Pierce" for a reason lol

Incidentally I'm actually a year or two older than Paul Pierce so making fun of him being old kind of stings. He came over to my apartment in college when he was a freshman and I smoked a joint with him on my porch, helping out the young frosh future hall of fame kid, as ya do.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gynecolojustice posted:

Wizards have no bench scoring, no 3 point shooting, no backup big until Mahimni gets healthy, it's pretty bad. Beal looks like a crappier Oladipo most of the time

Kelly Oubre needs minutes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kentucky fans ripped us for a year straight for comparing him to Hakeem.

DO YOU SEE IT NOW ASSHOLES

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gynecolojustice posted:

no no you see its just like a prevent defe*farts really loudly, and smiles at the thought of a sniff*

I'm glad I got on the internet today otherwise I'd have missed out on Trump supporters informing me what I didn't understand about the election.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Papercut posted:

We did it guys, we found the least shook Warriors fan:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/796572191466786818

Let's hear it for legal weed!

edit: also that chick fucks

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 10, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Props Department posted:

Any team getting to meet the president next year will be awkward.

Especially if this kind of thing continues....

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656?m=1

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Came across this in my travels today. It's hilarious in retrospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzAoxWEj8kY

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Because being smart or dumb isn't something you can definitively prove, unlike dunking. So your dumb friends have to make up the difference between themselves and LeBron somewhere.

Sure he can dunk and I can't get rim but lol he's so dumb. Unlike me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is this why the "obama is a moron" facebook page has thousands of members even though Barack Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law school?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Basketball. NBA

I haven't been able to stop myself since Tuesday. Working on it though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Markelle Fultz is going to be the number one pick btw. If not definitely the #1 point guard.

edit: Also Udoka Azubuike (oo-doh-kuh as-a-boo-kee) totally snubbed.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 12, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wiggins is leading the NBA in 3 point percentage and just dropped 47 and...

I want to dig up that poo poo article at fivethirtyeight that said Wiggins actually secretly sucks and is Antoine Walker according to advanced metrics.

fake edit: found it. They eliminated the comments which people kept adding like "lol how ya feel now, moron?"

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...m-with-scorers/

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Holy poo poo this dude continues to poo poo on Wiggins. He wrote this two days before Wiggins drops 47.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-53-best-franchise-players-in-the-nba-2016-17-edition/

TL;DR -

quote:

47 B. Ingram LAL 19 SF -0.2 C. Bosh A. Wiggins 21.3

So let me get this straight, Brandon Ingram's worst-case scenario is A. Wiggins. Yuh huh.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brandon Ingram's worst case scenario is the #8 scorer and leader in 3 point percentage.

Brandon's averaging 6 points a game, btw.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rick posted:

You're doing what you're accusing him of doing.

I guess. I'd be really surprised if Ingram surpasses Wiggins at any point. But yeah it's early. Towns is a better player than Wiggins (a lot) and hasn't showed it much this season and that will change.

But that's a conversation for future me. I say the future is ours if you can count (three point made shots).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Walker scored a lot more points than he deserved to is what this data is telling me. 15647 is a lie I refuse to believe it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gynecolojustice posted:

Crazy that Kansas had both Wiggins and Embiid, didn't do much with it although Embiid I think was hurt for the tournament

They only started to gel in a way that you'd think for about three games before Embiid hurt his back and was basically done for the season. But in that moment I saw the glory.

By the way, Wiggins set the Kansas freshman scoring mark (Wilt didn't play his freshman year) and scored in double figures in 29/35 games including 41, 30, 22 and 19 in his last four games before the Stanford debacle.

It pisses me off when people say he had a pedestrian college career, freshmen don't do that at KU.

The Glumslinger posted:

Thats what happens when you have a college coach who refuses to change his system to fit his players.

"Yeah, Wiggins is definitely being used well by spending 95% of his time playing offball"

Wiggins was a 3 with a bad handle but you think they should have run the offense through him? So he can develop and the team can lose?

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

Self doesn't know how to coach wings

False.

• Locked thread