Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was gonna say, I don't dislike Wilson as much as others but he definitely does not fall under "cool" category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This feels like the 2016 argument of the word thug.

It was wrong too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My dream scenario: two years college ball required, college athletes paid, D-league salary 100k.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watching Wiggins and Embiid laughing and talking during a foul shot warmed my Jayheart.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Before that draft, a friend that went to Kansas told me Embiid is easily better than Wiggins. He also had a framed poster of Mario Chalmers making a big shot. I thought he was crazy, and decided maybe Embiid looked better because the college rules stink. Then Embiid turned into the coolest rookie this century.

Ahem. It's not "a big shot" it's "Mario's Miracle".

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chad Ford's mock is up and has Philly taking Fultz #1 and Monk #4 and holy poo poo I want to see that team with Embiid and Simmons.

If you aren't watching these guys in college they are playmaking machines with scoring galore.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah that one play made me say "Trade Jah" and I'm not even kidding.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

I wonder if any Kansas Jayhwak players went through the same thing in the 19XX's when they were coached for a year or two by James Naismith.

I don't know about this one but when Danny Manning became an assistant coach some players were surprised to find out he played a little ball. Yeah nearly 3000 points in college.

Also when Wilt came to retire his KU jersey when I was in college there were plenty of people who had no idea who he was.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For Wilt so loved Phog Allen he practiced for a year and didn't play as a freshmen in the cold racist plains of 1955 Kansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Freeze!

Okay everybody go back to playing trash-level basketball!

• Locked thread