Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Westbrook is going to average a triple double and OKC will win 37 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Hey friends, I mostly post in the fashion thread. Just wanted to say Golden State is overrated and that my beloved Phoenix Suns should get rid of Brandon Knight.

I kinda like him as a 6th man

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Kings looked like an actual basketball team against a bad basketball team last night. If we can beat all the non-playoff teams this year I'll be pleased

Also WCS did this
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/791634739140648960

oh hey I can see myself in this, neat

I knew the Suns were going to bad this year but man, that game was over by the end of the 1st. The rookies looked good though - Watson played all three of them together and it kind of worked. Bender in particular stood out, so that's a nice surprise.

Knight went 1/9 and his first action of the season was a turnover. Perfect!

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 27, 2016

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Porzingus was his first choice by far. Ownership said no.

Is there a source for this or is it just more Hinkie fan fiction?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I don't know if you guys knew this but Russel Westbrook is pretty good

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Steven Adams' sleeve tattoo is extremely cool, that's got to be worth 10 million alone

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Why not just make a twitter account, it takes like two seconds

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

kiimo posted:

Embiid is Muad'Dib, Simmons is Leto II.

/nerdalert

Yeah but unlike the 76ers, Dune is good

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Brandon Knight was on the right side of a highlight for once

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/794030184492105728

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I kind of liked that show. Simmons can be annoying but he had pretty good guests.

The writing was on the wall when they added a live audience though.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

If you're going to foreign invade the Kobe jersey is appropriate.

Hell, you can wear it to games where the Lakers aren't playing. It doesn't even have to be a basketball game.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

Is Kobe's the most "mainstream" jersey you'd see people wearing whereever or would that he Curry or LeBron these days? Or still MJ

I see more Kobe jerseys than Curry, LeBron and MJ put together but there's a lot of folks from California here

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dexo posted:

Keep in mind. This night they were talking about was loving Thanksgiving that Lebron and the team wanted to stay in Cleveland/Akron and have the team over for it.

Jesus Christ lol. Eat poo poo, Riley.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

yeah but who is responsible for LeBron's ugly rear end shoes

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Who was the guy who was wearing such a sick throwback that he and LeBron became friends and business associates forever?

Rich Paul

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The Suns might be...good at player relations now?

https://twitter.com/azcsports/status/798692155464224768

I'm not totally sold on coach Earl Watson but stuff like this really helps.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

He's the best

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Props Department posted:

Did you listen to it? When the announcers said they had been to Doris's house or had her over or something, Drake was like "what are you trying to say?" To me that smacks of "locker room talk." Literally the entire segment was him making sexual innuendos or praising her beauty. It's funny because it's Drake, but I don't think the parallel is so laughable.

lol

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I'm glad that weirdos can take offense on Doris' behalf because she's clearly not woke enough to understand what's really going on here

https://twitter.com/heydb/status/799092560123875329

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Probably because it's not her twitter account.

Check out her timeline, it's her.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Joel Embiid is the first digital athlete. Sorry, Me7o.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Anthony Randolph was a 2k superstar

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

Basketball-Reference gave the Suns a 85% chance of winning against the 76ers the other day. That number seemed ridiculous even before they went out and lost the game. They are really bad.

To be fair TJ Warren didn't play and he's arguably been the best player on the team this year. They're still really bad though.

No Tyson Chandler either. He's been superb, he's playing like he gives a drat.

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 21, 2016

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Archie should just go to China or Puerto Rico or something at this point

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dan Marino is my favorite Miami Heat legend

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I've been a hater since forever but I watched some Counterstrike on TBS the other day and honestly...it was pretty entertaining.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

I'm glad to see that Dion Waiters is ready to take over the mantle of franchise savior for the Heat of Miami. Taking them to the promised land, one bad jumper at a time. What are they going to get for a slightly used Goran Dragic?

A top-7 protected pick and an unprotected pick. Wow, Riley has done it again!

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Time posted:

I did a double take this morning because surely it couldn't have been 130 in regulation

God bless Mike D'Antoni

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Apparently it's the same injury that Tony Romo had. Bummer.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Spacebump posted:

What are the best NBA related twitter accounts to follow? (players or otherwise) I need some more NBA comedy in my twitter feed.

if you're not already following them

@World_Wide_Wob
@netw3rk

are usually pretty funny

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dwight Howard, point guard

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/804335517659758592

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Papercut posted:

- Harden didn't even seem to play well and then oh triple double

It's funny, he's always been like that. I went to an ASU game in 2008 and he didn't stand out that much but it turns out he had scored like 30 points.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

What's up with Mario Hezonja? I remember last year people were complaining about Skiles not giving him any minutes but it sounds like he hasn't been very good this year.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

It was dumb but I kind of liked Marquese Chriss throwing Porzingis down. We haven't had a real jerk on the team since Raja Bell.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

Tyson Chandler has been one of the dirtiest players in the league for the last ten years, and on top of that almost gets away with it completely.

Although I guess off the court he's like super nice I hear, so maybe doesn't fit the jerk definition.

That's a good point. I guess I was thinking of players who are overtly aggressive and have some attitude. Kind of the "enforcer" archetype.

The Morris twins sort of fit the bill too but they were more likely to get into it with a ref or coach than other players.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Jubs posted:

Craig Sager died.

god drat it

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

No one should poach from the Spurs because no one is ever as good as they are with the Spurs

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Devin Booker did a cool thing in garbage time last night
https://twitter.com/mikeascotto/status/811796530558566400

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Lockback posted:

...that he hated and demanded a trade away from. Although he might be singing a different song now.

To be fair that was after the Suns signed Isaiah Thomas. Two of Dragic, Bledsoe, and Thomas were on the court at all times but Dragic never got to handle the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/814297795569991684

• Locked thread