Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I felt like this too after watching him in one preseason game (lol). Dude's either gonna take Harris' spot or score off the bench. Could also play huge minutes if the Nugs trade any or all of: Barton, Gallinari, Chandler.

He'll get a lot of minutes if Jameer or Mudiay go down for any period of time, too

I implore y'all to check out a few Nuggets games this year. They aren't gonna be good but they will be a lot more fun to watch than the garbo Shaw teams. Malone's trying a twin towers thing with Nurkic and Jokic and they are both great passing bigs, and Jokic might be really good, and Nurk talks a ton of poo poo.

Don't watch for Mudiay though he's a scrub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

It's real. He's a real life Perd Hapley

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

No matter how much I poo poo talked Mudiay in the offseason I didn't expect him to actually look worse this season. He looks quite a bit worse this season.

He's shooting 30%, has more turnovers than assists, and has a PER of like 7. Nuggets could easily be 4-0 with someone like Wolters

edit: that's on 16 shots a game

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Is this going to be his Brandon Jennings game?

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Jokic has gotten lit the hell up by a revolving cast of athletic 4s and has been a ghost on the court for a few games now, I'm sure it's frustrating. Malone is officially dropping the twin towers thing as it is clearly a pretty big failure. Darrell Arthur should be back soon so hopefully Jokic and Nurk will just split minutes at the 5. Faried at center is pretty nuts but he's been surprisingly effective most of the time.

Also, holy gently caress this team turns the ball over a lot. It's insane. I think they're averaging something like 23 a game. Whatever the number is, it's league worst.

Halfling Wizard Bear fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 14, 2016

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

EvanTH posted:

highest number sounds like league best to me :) best in the league at turnovers

You're right. I'm gonna "woo" a little every time Mudiay tries to thread a pass through three pairs of legs

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Nuggets just waived Jarnell Stokes. Gary Harris is out for possibly a month. Barton is out for like 2 or 3 more weeks. Who do they pick up at this point? The guard situation is a loving nightmare, they need someone who wont turn the loving ball over every 3rd possession.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

Teams in the West that Andre "NBA Machiavelli" Iguodala has crippled in the past three years:

- Denver
- OKC
- Portland

GSW is going to be his greatest triumph

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

This is Zach Lowe's typical argument. He made the same argument regarding JaVale McGee and praised the Nuggets for spinning off Nene for a young asset which they locked up.

Also, reminder that Anthony Randolph and JaVale Mcgee were on the same team

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Brolander posted:

Lebron's a guy who knows what you posted years ago without looking

Sorry about all my bad FYAD posts from '04, bron

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Utah is full of white people who probably know how to cook white people food pretty decently

Hello, former rural state guy here. If cooking white people food means reheating Sysco stuff, yeah, we're pretty good at it.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Intruder posted:

Agreed about being impressed so far

I'm not even going to get mad when they get smoked tonight since it's the second game of a back to back at altitude after playing a double overtime game on the road against the best team in the league the night before

The Nuggets have been poo poo at home so far. Jim Harden could literally sleepwalk through this game and still pull out a win

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Tae posted:

The Nuggets biggest problem is that they still have no idea what their starting line-up is, or even who should start at center

The Kings are not going to the playoffs because something stupid is going happen to them just like every year for the last 2 decades

Jesus christ, the pelicans were literally the worst team record-wise at one point and now they have more wins than the timberwolves

Nuggets need Harris back for defense and slashing and Barton back for chaosball. Nurkic needs to get out of his slump. Malone needs to stop loving around with smallball in the 4th. Mudiay needs to stop taking his lovely little fadeaways in traffic and turning the ball over constantly. Jamal Murray, you're cool

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Is Javale just not the same since his injury? Or did his defensive stats just look good because he was playing on a pretty good Denver team?

I know he was never amazing, but he looked like an average starter to me and now he's barely playing.

He was a better shot blocker(and goal tender) than defender, and Andre Miller made him look better on offense than he actually is

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

If this isn't a Pan as gently caress shirt than I don't know what is.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Two Tone Shoes posted:

My dumb team is a dumb embarrassment.

Same :)

27(!?) turnovers against the wizards last night

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Jrs outfit is loving perfect, I won't stand this!

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/807386089203740672

Birdman looks like a Jim Henson creature and Dunleavy looks Gopnik as hell

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Not sure if this has been posted before but this site is a searchable highlight database. It logs misses, fouls and TOs too so if you're bored you can plug in your least favorite player for a lil' shaudenfreude

https://3ball.io/

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/808816172682526720

really cant argue with this

I CANT BELIEVE New Orleans passed on Murray!!!

I would put Jokic in tier, like, 4.5 but i'm kinda surprised Murray is getting rated over guys like D'lo. He's super promising but it's way early and he's had a ton of bad games

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

My favorite part of the JaVale .gifs is John Wall slowly dying

Sisyphus contemplates his rock

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

They apparent height of NBA players drives me nuts.

Like Kevin love for example. Sometimes he doesn't look taller than guards

Embiid is the real deal 7,2 tho. He made AD look like a SF.

I never realized that Draymond and Shaun Livingston were the same height until I saw that high school pic. Dray might even be a little shorter

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

God drat

Ouch

quote:

Karl also took aim in “Furious George’’ at former Nuggets, and ex-Knicks, J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin. He branded the trio of Anthony, Smith and Martin as “AAU babies’’ — akin to “the spoiled brats you see in junior golf and junior tennis.’’ Karl also referred to Smith’s entourage as “a posse’’ — a phrase that got Knicks president Phil Jackson in hot water when he used it regarding LeBron James’ managers.

Sounds like a few hundred pages of Old Man Yells At Cloud

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Fellow bad team fan here. Let's cease this petty squabbling on this, the day of baby Jesus' birth, and remember what's truly important: The Golden State Warriors lost the NBA finals despite having a 3-1 lead and the league's first unanimous MVP.

edit: And also they just lost on Christmas. Let earth receive her King

Halfling Wizard Bear fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 25, 2016

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The NBA really lucked out with the KAT/Embiid/Zingasaurus trio.

I believe you forgot someone

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everyone knows the first thing that comes to mind when you think Michael Jordan is steroid usage and gambling debt

I think of Hanes brand underwear

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

End the fake news menace

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Not everyone likes their job and links their personal development to it. If he truly enjoyed basketball and invented ways that it was actually important, sure, but he clearly doesn't care that much and it says nothing about him that he's not fully interested in putting in untold effort towards something he doesn't care about. I don't think people are stupid for not wanting to become the best Best Buy salesman in the world

There was in article in the Denver Post a few years back that said that Javale was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid and doesn't take medicine for it because he just doesn't want to. It definitely explains his weird mental lapses and he's athletically gifted enough to get away with not taking anything, so yeah, he probably just doesn't give a poo poo.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

ex post facho posted:

i need more jokic

He's averaging something like 22/10/5 and in January and has been a beast since Malone gave him the keys. I hope he can keep this up because it's fun to have an elite player to root for, even if the team isn't very good. Nuggets haven't really had one since Melo

edit: Atlanta traded Mo Williams and cash to Denver, who then waived him to get closer to the cap floor. Bombshell

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

ex post facho posted:

i asked for more jokic and boy did I get it!!

anyway, looking forward to some more sick point-center action in another meaningless Nuggets season where they'd be better off with a lottery pick

You're not as excited as I am to watch the Nuggets get pasted in the 1st round by GSW? Again?

edit: On the plus side even if they get smashed in the 1st round, if Jokic looks good they might be able to finally attract a free agent with some name recognition. They have wads of money to dump on pretty much anybody. I think Gallinari is the only meaningful expiring contract this year.

Halfling Wizard Bear fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 19, 2017

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Kinda bummed about losing the Memphis pick but Nurkic has been a sulking pile of trash on the bench so the front office was probably over a barrel somewhat. 48 minutes of point center SSOL? gently caress it, we have half a season left of Plumlee's contract and a tenuous grasp on the 8th seed. Let's get weird.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Oak also has to show up to one of JD's shows

There are 29 other basketball stadiums. How great is MSG really?

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

The Nuggets' collective payroll on the court tonight was less than Draymond's salary

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Rumor is that they're talking with New Orleans.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

The best center in the loving league for buddy and a pick

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

That's more sane, but still

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

EvanTH posted:

I dunno is there something good about "Ernest and Julio" Gallo I'm not seeing? He's been failin' my eye test for years now and stats don't really like him either. Is it just that he can shoot some?

He's lost a step since the ACL thing and his defense is pretty poor, but he's still a decent shooter and really good at getting to the line.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Hey you'll still get to see Rodney Stuckey!

Also Ty Lawson asking instagram for a bomb Taco Tuesday spot in Sacramento and now is out for tonights game.

This is amazing

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Uncle Fester Ezeli

Uncle Festus is a total stiff

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

leftist heap posted:

Portland is flirting with the 8 seed again on the back of Big Nurk and it's kinda hilarious

Jokic has been out with illness for two days and Gallinari's questionable tonight for the same reason. Has anyone seen Nurk's dad around? I'm not saying he's been threatening anyone, I'm Just Asking Questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

zelah posted:

N: Jusuf Nurkic is the first NBA player to log 28+ points, 20+ rebounds, 8+ assists and 6+ blocks in a game since Charles Barkley (11/28/86).

V: Finna buy a jersey this rocket will never fall to earth

You sandbagging motherfucker

• Locked thread