Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lessail posted:

We were right lmao

Everyone here knew he was shook years ago when he got that tattoo on his chest or wherever that was entirely covered by a jersey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

you guys, what the gently caress

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

MourningView posted:

The season is like a month old maybe give it a bit before assuming that Wiggins is actually a good outside shooter now

I still fondly remember the first half of Brandon Jennings rookie year

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Winslow is a no good, terrible shooter and will remain limited as a player until he improves that. He's getting a bit better at running an offense but is still the same player as last year.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

I loving hate waiters and it's a crime he is starting over Tyler Johnson

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

People always focus on that extra 3-4 minutes in a game because that's what they see but it seems like the workload/rest between games is a much bigger factor in injury risk. I don't think Thibs is doing anything wrong with his rotations.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Lebron's the GOAT and Jordan will be remembered more as meme than basketball player hail satan

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Jack's Flow posted:

I'm glad to see that Dion Waiters is ready to take over the mantle of franchise savior for the Heat of Miami. Taking them to the promised land, one bad jumper at a time. What are they going to get for a slightly used Goran Dragic?

I was wrong about everything in politics and am now humbled and ready to accept Waiters into my heart

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Mandrel posted:

The three point line has ruined basketball

Agreed, let's fix it with a 4 point line

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Led the by fearsome trio of goran dragic, dion waiters, and willie reed the heat are on a 6 game win streak.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

Heat win again. Woo! Gonna ride this high until the next five game losing streak.

4.5 games out of 8th spot watch out cleveland!!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

eastern conference player of the week dion waiters

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

I feel like I remember this discussion in 2012 and basically every owner voted or supported Romney in some fashion except 1 or 2

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Doltos posted:

This Willie Reed guy looks really good for a bench big. He's sloppy on some plays but I think that's more positioning than athleticism.

Yeah he's good and he's gonna opt out of his deal and get a decent payday

I'm going to be sad to lose James Johnson to a bigger deal too. He's been amazing off the bench.

nachos fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 7, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Dragic is the MVP and James Johnson is 6th man of the year

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

went to the heat-nets game tonight and saw Andy Elisburg in person. My life is complete

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Shane Battier is the heat's new director of analytics

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Libertine posted:

It's weird that Beasley has bounced around the league on so many teams when it's pretty clear he can put up numbers. I wonder how bad his attitude could possibly be and what kind of insanely detrimental chemistry issues he has.

Or is he just (in this example and others) a dude who is filling it up for a bad team because he can?

Beasley is by all accounts a nice guy and a good teammate. He just seems to have the attention span of a 4 year old.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

Fun fact: Spo always has to find new ways of engaging Whiteside so sometimes he has to go and play skee ball and poo poo with him at Dave and Busters.

coach of the year

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Quizzlefish posted:

Fresh Prince of Bel Air when his dad doesn't show up is the ultimate tear jerker, followed closely by the scene where they sleep in the public toilet in the Pursuit of Happyness. Maybe I just love Will Smith (I do).

I need some help guys. I'm a Blazers fan and I have league pass. But watching Portland has been excruciating this season. Who should I get behind and watch this year?

Plenty of room on this heat bandwagon baby

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Miami is 20-4 in their last 24 games. I havn't watched them, but how are they doing this? Their roster looks like trash.

good d, good 3 point shooting, dion waiters mvp

Really though Spoelstra is incredible and deserves coach of the year. This is the second straight season he's completely turned the team around in the second half of the year. Last year the Heat somehow transformed into a 110+ ppg team after Bosh went down again. He is Popovich-tier when it comes to getting the most out of a roster.

Also Justise Winslow going down really helped. His awful shooting was ruining the offense.

nachos fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 9, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yes, if the Cavs beat the Pistons then the Heat are tied for a playoff spot.

welp

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

poor dragic is always getting the poo poo beaten out of him

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

summary of tonight's game:
- MVP chants for Dragic
- JJ and Ellington are basically poor mans Lebron and Ray Allen circa 2013
- https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/842192827345920000

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

I thought losing Wade would be a disaster but like the rest of 2016 I was wrong about literally everything. Dragic is so good when he has freedom to run the entire show.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Tae posted:

The 2010 heat team got just as much if not worse hate because espn, when they were more relevant, fired all the heat bloggers and put a dedicated page for that team.

Nothing the warriors do this year has topped spoelstra bump gate and "pull the rope."

hold the rope

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

I wonder if the warriors are enjoying their soylent bar

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Who are the Sonics? is that a d-league team?

one of my favorite memories of 2012 finals

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Kibner posted:

James Harden is better by far than anyone else in the league at it.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/james-harden-gets-fouled-on-3s-more-than-any-nba-team/

I want to see this for the last 30-40 games or so because something in dragic clicked at the midway point and he's drawing them at a very high rate. Another two tonight against the knicks.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

James Harden was unfairly shamed for his defense by a YouTube video that could probably be compiled for every nba player. He deserves to win.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Noctone posted:

Westbrook is a transcendent destroyer of rims, what more do you want out of an MVP

3 foul shots

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

EvanTH posted:

Noah made him a much better player by getting into tip-in position after every one of his dumb shots, but he couldn't really jump enough to do it at an all-star level anymore, which is about what's needed to make Rose functional teammate.

Is this Chicago rose or New York rose because it applies to both

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/Manny_Navarro/status/852359596052283392
https://twitter.com/ShandelRich/status/852355131781783553

COTY Spoelstra :qq:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Dexo posted:

Meh. If you can't make the playoffs in the east you don't deserve to be the COY imo.

I'm mostly being flip, as Spo did an insanely good job. But man you guys are talking about giving a .500 coach in the east a COY award

Like even those years we were talking up giving Thibs CoY for coaching those garbage rear end Roseless teams he was making the playoffs at a decent seeding.

It's all subjective based on whatever you think a coach should do. Under traditional definitions yeah he's not a COTY candidate but to get a team of castoffs and journeymen to buy into a system and go from 11-30 to 30-11 is kind of ridiculous. That includes Whiteside, the supposed lazy headcase, who had his best year ever in the first year of a big new contract while the team was on track for a top 2 pick.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Dion Waiters is probably not even top 5 most improved players but I think he deserves a shout because the Heat noticeably got worse once he went down and that's a big step up for him. He and Dragic had a real nice thing going in the backcourt this year when both were healthy.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

So justise Winslow is a giant bust, yeah?

He's still only 21 and has some NBA skills so I think it's a bit premature. He's a bust though if he can't fix that broken rear end jumpshot. Definitely not starter quality material right now.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

injuries to Dion Waiters and Rajon Rondo have had great impact on the eastern conference playoffs in TYOOL 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

drat I completely forgot atlanta was a 1 seed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/shoes-star-wearing-nba-finals-including-new-curry-4-015725152.html
Do you think Lebrons shoes are always covered in velcro and ratchet straps because his mangled toes have receeded into his feet, and can't spread out and hold the foot in place?

quote:

Styled by Nike Basketball senior designer Darien Birks, the logo celebrates Love’s late-game defensive stops in last year’s Finals, while also paying homage to growing up just outside Portland, Oregon.

That defensive stop on curry got love his own shoe

• Locked thread