Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

leftist heap posted:

lol, I thought NBA.com was unusable before, but now it's literally unusable. I get a splash page for League Pass international that redirects to NBA.com that redirect back to the same splash page, even trying in an incognito window.

I've seen this problem when I was running a VPN. But haven't had the issue since I switched it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Dunc'd on is pretty decent, their mock stuff is pretty entertaining. I also learnt way more about how the cap works listening to it. Lowe can be decent depending on his guest, he was best though as a foil for Simmons, you could hear his eye rolls after bill throws out a "who says no". Simmons I am pretty sure doesn't even watch ball anymore, I always looked forward to the season over/unders with House but this year it was just a throw away podcast rather than an event, the only time he's worth listening ing to is when Rappaport is on with him.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

IT PUTS THE THREE IN THE BASKET
OR ELSE IT GETS THE BENCH AGAIN

Buddy just has to wait until Vivek is preoccupied and lure Knightman into the hole with him.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Did Shaq talk about McGee tonight?

I don't think so, his mum told him he couldn't. Apparently that's a thing that happens to men in their 40s.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

If your mom doesn't scare you into compliance no matter your age, you got neglected - not to mention the traditionally strong and authoritative role black women have in their families

It's not about complying to your mothers request I totally get that, more that Shaq is a 40 year old guy who should have had the common sense not to escalate the matter to the point he needed to be put back into line by his mother.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Oh, if the point is Shaq is a miserable bully stuck in adolescence, I fully agree. No arguments there. It's good that his mother is there to shut him up eventually, though.

100%, I don't think I phrased my initial criticism very well. At least someone spoke sense to him. The whole situation has the feel of a high school bully called out on his poo poo.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Simmons is furiously typing out a IT for the Latvian Gangster trade scenarios.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

LeBron left the Cavs in the super weak east and they lost like 40 wins the next year.

Jordan left the Bulls in the super strong east and they lost 2.

:thunk:

But the Bulls had a Top 10 player in the league left and a HOF coach, who did the Cavs have after LeBron left?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Who did they have before LeBron left?

I dunno like Old Shaq and trash? I just wanted to post about basketball. Is it finals time yet?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
I'd be more upset that KD went to the warriors except he abandoned OKC whose owners abandoned Seattle so seems like they just got what was coming to them. Without a team to root for the Warriors are cool because they are fun to watch, at least until Sixers process reaches its apex and we get the Embiid era in full swing.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Also changing the max hits the salary of mid level guys the hardest right? So you'd end up with stars spread out over more teams than now but they would eat most of the salary cap up themselves.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
KD joined a stronger team sure, but at least he didn't claim "Not one, not two, not three..." He left that to his dickhead owner, light years ahead!

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

E2M2 posted:

I mean they kinda are light-years ahead of the league. They're breaking so much that goons want to burn down the league so that another super team didn't happen

Yeah, but I think that comment much like LeBrons doesn't really do anything but feed the hatred. Just show a little humility and the flames of hatred don't get stoked as much. This series is great, the subplots going on throughout are fascinating and it'll be a shame once the season is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Wouldn't it be more like when Neil Young joined Crosby, Stills and Nash? Neil Young started eating into their sales so they added him to the band.

• Locked thread