Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The hornets are going to win 44 games this season

I believe this is true in my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/bdetrick/status/790920142028939264

im 28, 6' and white and have garbage handles but maybe...

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Adun posted:

I love college basketball but you really shouldn't even watch the first 2 months until league play starts and/or once the 1-and-done kids get acclimated

yeah, in NC where everyone freaks out about State/Duke(who is #1)/UNC, I get weird looks and called a bandwagoner because I refuse to watch Duke wash scrub teams until December (barring those tournaments like last year where we played michigan state like week 3, that was fun)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm so happy the NBA is back so I can stop pretending I still care about the NFL.

the panthers are 1-5, this was decided for me

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

GUYS

the warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 nba finals with the league's first unanimous mvp

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

What's the grey market service we're using this year? New league pass is loving terrible.

http://reborn4hdlive.org/

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://theringer.com/tom-thibodeau-minnesota-timberwolves-nba-preview-feature-30fbb1ab7f95#.4y5p1wd6x

I like thibs and this is a good article about him

I'm so happy basketball is back, team

SO HAPPY

waking up to highlights on espn of the three games last night was so nice and refreshing

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Panzeh posted:

Will be awesome to see Russ blow another game 7.

please dont be rude to that nice boy

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Really the most telling thing about the Warriors is how loving garbage their big rotation is. They have Draymond, who is good. Zaza was complete garbage and you never know who you're getting every night with him.

After that you have West, who is washed up, Varajao, who is washed up, and McGee, who is an idiot and also is bad and will get hurt.

nope, draymond is gonna get found out and turn into a pumpkin and also kick too many dicks and get thrown out the league

gently caress that dude

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

One piece is good.

Steven Adams remains cool.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cash Monet posted:

Keep anime out. OUT WITH YOUR ANIME.

Anime is life.

You are anime and so am I.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MourningView posted:

yo man Steven Adams is scary af he can do what he wants

he both is and is not, he seems like one of the most approachable nba dudes

just don't piss him off

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Duncan sees the video of Adams calling One Punch Man a classic, and scoffs.

"You're so young still, Steven..."

He slips disc two of the Utena first set from its case

"You have so much to learn still..."

He slides the disc in his ancient DVD player, and relaxes into his favorite chair with a sigh.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I just watched the condensed Jazz v Blazers and man, Dame was going right at Gobert and Diaw and taking ridiculous shots with 0 fear, that was impressive

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

look at this beautiful boy

he's so good

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morning after take for my hornets:

Roy Hibbert might work out for us? I'm still apprehensive, but drat our defense looked really good last night and he was a huge part of that. Also MKG BACK!!!! :swoon:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

Did the Bucks have Giannis run the point all night? Because that 31/9/5 is pretty drat impressive

He was definitely their primary ball handler, it was tight

morestuff posted:

Bucks were basically the perfect team for him to open the season against because of their combo of no shooting and terrible interior defense. I think he'll be like bizarro Al Jefferson, still situational but really effective in those situations

MKG is cool, though

I really like MKG and Batum's ability to hound wings though and switch effectively, our defense is gonna be pretty good. The offense didn't look nearly as smooth, but I kind of figured that going in.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Tae posted:

Butler, Wade, Rondo, and MCW combined for 10/15 3-point shooting

(Also they out-rebounded the Celtics 55-36)

Man, I love the first week of the season

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Zogo posted:

code:
Kevin Durant is shook:

Votes	Percentage
Agree		  107	100%
Disagree	    0   0%

perfect

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

Charlotte is a good team that could be a top 4 seed this year

bless you, kind sir

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Hibbert hurt his knee within 5 minutes and didn't return tonight, Batum couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but we still eked out a very ugly, very typical Hornets win after being like 20 down in the 3rd

:sigh: I'll take it I guess

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/SheaSerrano/status/792541697162870784

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://vine.co/v/eDljqbm9wMv

ON CONCRETE

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morestuff posted:

It's weird, people seem to like playing in Charlotte right now. Marvin Williams took a lot less money, Kemba and MKG are on pretty fair deals, Batum cut them a small break. One of the few benefits of drafting low-upside character guys and overpaying b-level veterans I guess

I like our team a lot but we don't have that 1 guy to change games when we need it.

Time to call up the man for some of that Generational Talent

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

OzFactor posted:

I believe the proper evolution is

Standard > Super > Super Turbo

Yeah, but after ST came Alpha 1

Bulls already on Alpha 3, shut the league down

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gynecolojustice posted:

its tough with hairy thighs :(

this from a while ago but if you aint down with the magnum look you are legit trash

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kibner posted:

Haha, I have no idea what you me-

this is legit beautiful

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morestuff posted:

Kemba Walker is scoring 27 points per 36 on 49% shooting and 49% from three and there's no reason to think he can't keep that up

it's 100% sustainable in my heart

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

tanglewood1420 posted:

I put Kemba Walker down as the most underrated player in the pre-season poll. He is really good but unless Charlotte makes the second round no-one will ever know because who cares about Charlotte.

me >:[

dick

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The hornets are 6-1 for the first time ever after beating the jazz, and Kemba is a dreamboat

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morestuff posted:

He and Thomas are going to toggle All-Star spots for the next five years and no one will notice

are we straight up better off with roy not starting, I feel like I want him to come off the bench except against certain teams who we need his rim protection for and his speed doesnt hurt us as much IE the bucks

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/796535994359001088/video/1

I love this move every time he pulls it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morestuff posted:

Probably worth pointing out that their schedule has been incredibly easy and George Hill didn't play tonight, but it's been fun

hushhhhhhhh

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

5. Charlotte Hornets but they should be rewarded with a berth in the top-five.

thank you, kind sir, bless you

also america should be way fuckin lower, we are sub D league right now

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Julius is logging a lot of points in the "square up" category so far this season, and I love that poo poo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MKG out tonight with a bad back vs the Raps

;~;

Some dude named Treveon Graham getting the start? Who dis?

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 12, 2016

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Guys while we're mourning the death of the discourse I'm afraid that Michael Kidd Gilchrist has become "Injury-Prone"

That loving guy is too athletic for his body and biomechanics, he's like a very powerful train that's always going off the tracks

please do not put this evil on my friend mkg, I can't handle it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/cakesbaseball/status/798673468514562048

This is beautiful

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lessail posted:

Hating Duke is a positive quality

I think Seth just got talked into that and is also maybe trying not to go directly at Noted Really Bad Coach George Karl (who is dumb and bad) for being bad at the many jobs he has held

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

mkg is my son who i care very deeply for and treat like a wounded duckling at all times

• Locked thread