Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Please Eat A Vegetable posted:

The Houston Rockets are both my pride and my shame.

post more. i need other people to help me spread lies about how james harden plays good defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i feel like girth should be incorporated into the dong graph. i feel like the rockets are a short, but girthy team, not sure why that's just what is in my heart

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

got some chores tonight posted:

i would not expect the knicks or the rockets to have expectionally low dribble numbers cuz i feel like most of their offences were letting superstars work

dwight dribbling off his foot doesn't count towards the total

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Jack's Flow posted:

Dig in, Kings fan. Godspeed.

this made me think of the announcement that the ulm cathedral is having serious issues because people keep puking all over the base and it's causing a lot of decay. not sure i wanna eat some plant that a kings fan barfed in after trying his first farm-to-table chicken tikka masala

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Kibner posted:

The season has officially started again. The dokmo penis graph was the sign.

Every October, Americans celebrate the coming of the first penis graph by decorating their homes with phallic pumpkins, squashes and gourds.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm so excited you guys.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

that avatar is loving glorious

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Jonathan Simmons.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

the warriors are literally saying that losing this game is good because it's a "refreshing slap in the face" as though losing in the finals when you were up 3-1 and then getting poo poo on by anyone with a pulse all summer wasn't enough of a "slap in the face". Just say you sucked and move on you idiots.

remember when they spent all of last offseason getting mad about being called lucky/one-off champs

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Mike Conley.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Spacebump posted:

An unexpected diversion on the Mavs Facebook page.

IMO we should build a wall so only the tall and athletic immigrants can cross to the US, thus resulting in better quality of basketball.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Marcus Morris is literally the best player at gaurding LEbron James in the NBA. So Why don't the Warriors trade Kevin Durant for Marcus Morris and Stanley Johnon takes his role

i think morey trading mookey mook morris for some random second rounders was probably one of his worse low key moves as a GM

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Lockback posted:

I feel like that is a lot but I just don't know anymore.

It's definitely a lot of money and a gamble. I seem to remember him agitating a lot for a starting spot so possibly this is a compromise

e: In other news, Rockets are a bunch of hippies

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/791356320708370432

chunkles fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 26, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I honestly did not register that Jeff Teague was gone

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Athanatos posted:

If Harden doesnt wear the short-shorts tonight, I hope the Lakers crush the Rockets

He will do it. It's time.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

ryno biotch

e: not gdt but my post still stands

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So is Jonathon Simmons real?

Jonathan Simmons is extremely real. Go Coogs.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Well I regret staying up for the second half of Rockets Lakers, but go Embiid and go Point Beard

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Harden had 17 assists you guise. We just need every team to play the same defense as the Lakers did in the first half.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/791512317775065088

Tired legs from what though? It's the first game of the season and the Lakers had to play the same game

also:

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/791513293936402433

chunkles fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 27, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets really, really need a competent PG to spell Harden. Points guard works fine, and they have some real spacing and solid offensive players for the first time in a while, but played some real dumb basketball especially when Harden was out.

Rick posted:

D'Anotni usually has wonderful game plans, that don't take into account the fact that some teams adjust during the half (and heck, some good teams adjust even more often than that!). The good news though is probably like half the coaches in the league don't bother with adjustments until the playoffs (if ever).

Not too dissimilar to Kevin McHale actually

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

i dont love beverly but he will help with this some i think and maybe even play some defense while he is doing it

edit: Honestly i'm sure i'll find MDA poo poo to bitch about but the rockets roster just isn't very good this year outside of harden and i've got pretty low expectations accordingly

I love Beverley like my own son, but they need somebody to pull the ball back and make the guys set some screens and poo poo before throwing up a 3 pointer and he isn't that guy

The roster is pretty mediocre but they have enough firepower to put together a fun offense if they wise up

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

pubic works project posted:

I could make a mint if I had a shirt printing company with all the demands that SAS and TFF have for shirts.

There is one guy who makes a lot of the "trust the process" shirts and other weird internet sports memes and I've often wondered how much money he makes

With print on demand shirts it's not like you can lose money, just the opportunity cost of spending 8 hours designing a wacky meme shirt that you could've spent connecting with your estranged family members or something like that

chunkles fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 27, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Grind the Process

Grit & Grind refers to what they did to the cartilege in his knees

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Spacebump: I wasn't attacking your assetion, it's just accepted that Bogut is an illegal screener extradonaire, Kevin Garnett Level. This is a good question for the thread: Who do you think is the best defensive big of the last 10 years who didn't set blatantly illegal screens

This is a tough one. There are guys that stand out for like only doing it (Perk) but I feel like most good bigs do it to some extent

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

One other thing I forgot to mention from last night is how cool KJ McDaniels is. I hope he gets regular minutes. Guards that you can lob to are the fuckin best (RIP Steve Francis)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

a new study bible! posted:

Also, I think its hosed up that you can get ejected for flipping some player the bird.

Especially after that player viciously incited you

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ssell-westbrook

quote:

"In this instance, after standing up to boo and being provoked by Russell Westbrook calling attention to my being overweight, my action in response was clearly inexcusable and I am embarrassed. I sincerely apologize to my fellow Sixers fans, the Sixers organization, my colleagues and patients, and to Mr. Westbrook for my behavior," the statement said.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

socketwrencher posted:

With that, Duncan plays hard the rest of the game, but the moment sticks with Swift. He hopes to be that kind of veteran some day.

instead he was arrested in connection with a grenade launcher

quote:

But Swift was the one who woke up first. He was in a bad way, having just crashed after three days without sleep, fueled by his usual mix of heroin and meth.

jesus christ :stonk:

chunkles fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 28, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Wade mug status: mean

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

they won because wade made 4 threes.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Away from the stifling and dictatorial influence of Erik Spoelstra, Wade finally becomes the three point shooter he was meant to be all along,

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Players would never go for it. The hotel/strip club selection in Fort Wayne is extremely wanting

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

how would reporters even get in to interview a player during a random shootaround

e: oic. it's a post practice interview.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

nachos posted:

Everyone here knew he was shook years ago when he got that tattoo on his chest or wherever that was entirely covered by a jersey

He's shakier than the hand of the tattoo artist that spelled mature "mautre"

Do we get like a week off of Bulls fan anger from the win last night?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

"Elevator" Ernie Johnson is my favorite black TV sports commentator

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

this just in: the head honchos of the association have deemed harden the deadliest torpedo in cagertown

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/792051007131750400

also, sam dekker looks up to Dirk Nowitzki, is dead to me: http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Sam-Dekker-looks-up-to-Dirk-Nowitzki-10420253.php?cmpid=twitter-tablet

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Danny Green rolled that r like a pro

The new HEB by me has the barbecue, it's actually pretty good

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

KJ McDaniels is real + good

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

launch corey brewer into the sun and give kj all those minutes now and instead of in march, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Nene had a bizarre statline (0-2 FG, 8-12 FT). Something I would kinda expect from Harden. Guy looks like he's gonna be good for 2 million though so whatever.

• Locked thread