Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm so happy the NBA is back so I can stop pretending I still care about the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Maybe you'd like me once we got past the lack of shared premises? Maybe some ideal of Christian Kindness, or if you're not religious perhaps a general sense of having to hold oneself to a higher standard than the rest of the mob? I don't know man we all have to find our own reasons for charity in this tough and cynical world.

watch out that's how you summon it from the mirror space

You loving suck. Dexo's made this super clear and it just doesn't click with you at all.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

The words "left hand to the elbow face" has been repeating in my head all day and I now I hate Reggie Miller

That whole thing was hilarious. It took him so long to notice Green's big rear end shoe in Harden's face.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

The NBA makes me giggle like nothing else. I love it.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Lockback posted:

Lebron is a ethereal creature who came to our plane to play basketball.

https://streamable.com/myzi7

I loving love Lebron James.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

euphronius posted:

Wow that is some pro tier twittering

That's cold man

They can write article after article about Embiid's growth as a basketball player, but his twitter game has always been elite.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I missed Duncan's jersey retirement and just watched it. Heartwarming stuff and I'm going to miss that guy.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

AggressivelyStupid posted:

New Orleans is the only city in the South that I would move to in a fuckin heartbeat. Live out my wildest treme fantasies.

I've been to every major city in the US and New Orleans is in fact the best.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Jackson also compared Zing to Shawn Bradley so I really think that was luck.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I was thinking a couple of days ago that Ibaka would be a good fit in Toronto. I'm still a huge fan of the guy and think he's a great piece for a contending team.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I've rewatched Love and Curry so many times just because it's so absurd. There are better moments but there are few that make me laugh every time.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

What everyone didn't expect was the Process to end with a team of 30 some year olds playing together for the first time to a championship. It's an interesting play.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

So cruel so true.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Hahaha this is great

Also I think this is the same kid:
https://streamable.com/gcihu

Pretty sure that's the same kid who did this with WWE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hssq6Phgp1E

This kid is cooler than me.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 18, 2017

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

pubic works project posted:

You're a goon. A lot of people are cooler than you.

Rude.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

This last week has had some wonderfully funny NBA news.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I've given Durant a lot of poo poo, but I like him on this. I just want to see Shaq get real defensive.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 25, 2017

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Doltos posted:

Honestly I didn't really like New Orleans when I was down there. The food was amazing but the people generally sucked and walking down any street felt like I was on the internet without my ad blocker on. Also it's an ugly as gently caress city and everything around it looks depressing as hell.

New Orleans is my favorite city in the country for so many reasons, and some people are going to make fun of you for this opinion. But it's not a city for everyone. Some people just don't connect to it and that's okay.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

It'd be like any other city that isn't ideal. If you can get one great player to buy in and sell other players on it they could make it work. They would have to be smart about who they draft and they wouldn't get some free agents but it's doable.

Mexico's way less likely for the NFL just because of the number of players involved.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 4, 2017

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I didn't know I needed a Plumlee video set to Prince.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

leftist heap posted:

Jesus christ that is the softest poo poo

The Warriors are a combination of dorks, try hards, and baby men. Klay Thompson is the likable stoner.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

I don't know that there's a dearth of good centers in the league, but I do think there's a dearth of good centers in the league that can play the way the league is evolving. It's no longer just an "around the basket" position.

Hibbert has probably wished for a time machine more than anyone.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I found a book to add to the SAS Summer reading list. It highlights the contributions from the real heroes of the NBA - Silicon Valley venture capitalists

Betaball: How Silicon Valley and Science Built One of the Greatest Basketball Teams in History

I can't wait for the descent of this Warriors team, and for these kind of fans and people to wonder why it all fell apart. I like Kerr, I like some of the players, but the culture that's building around it is so shortsighted, and ignores how much of building a team like the Warriors did is just amazing luck.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Kanter and Adams both really disappointed for the series.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

leftist heap posted:

Victor Oladipo is signed for $21 million a year for the next 4 years.

Thunder win with Dion Waiters in his spot. Carlisle was right.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I really loved the Ibaka and Turner trades, and thought the Raptors had a chance of making it a close series at least. Nope.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I miss Chris Bosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Consistent media exposure has killed the Warriors for me. I was happy for their first win, but I just don't like the personalities of a bunch of the Warriors. And I love a ton of NBA players. I've just read or watched too many interviews that left me thinking oh this guy kinda sucks. Steve Kerr's cool though.

• Locked thread