Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

The Rokstar posted:

Probably because it's picking up bad words.

That's what I thought, and the on-field mic is doing that on this broadcast when I'm pretty sure they're swearing, but Baez pretty obviously yelled "gently caress" when he popped out, and there are other times where all the audio is cutting out for a few seconds, and I wasn't sure if it was just on my end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I like the out-of-touch Caucasian in full-on Native-Americanface, not even trying to make his team mascot/name seem acceptable.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cubs fuckin' dealing! :getin:

Looks like Carl Jr. followed by Chappy! :shlick:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Popete posted:

Starting to see some empty seats.

I think the Cleveland fans had to go, the Cuyahoga's on fire again. :shrug:

Speaking of that, Chapman's here. :getin:

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Wow Schwarber really did yell suck my dick when he got on base earlier. I'm sure that will be in the news.

Wait, when was this?!

Codependent Poster posted:

Over 4 hours is way too long for a game.

You clearly haven't watched many Cubs games. :rolleyes:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

beejay posted:

When he got his first hit of the game he yelled it at someone in the Cubs dugout, or possibly Rizzo

Hmm, I guess it makes more sense that he'd be yelling at one of his own teammates and playing around, but still, he could be saying something else. I've replayed that clip about 1000 times now, I'm not 100% sure he's saying "you suck my dick!" 3x. :shrug:

Niwrad posted:

He also threw out the N word when he scored on that walk.

Even if this was true, Cleveland is still objectively worse for sticking with this ridiculously inappropriate team name/mascot.

CubsWoo posted:

I've missed almost all of both games taking care of a sick baby but looking at the stats I guess this Schwarber thing is working out ok?

Beyond your wildest dreams! :getin:

I mean, no Schwarbombs yet but eh, whatever, I'll take a couple RBIs from the fresh-off-the-DL guy and a Cubs win! :toot:

zxqv8 posted:

Taltz sounds like a disease to be treated, not a drug to treat a disease

Yep, it was a bad case of taltz

I work in pharmacy, and I can say without exaggeration that "Taltz" is perhaps the worst trade name I've ever heard. :stare:

Niwrad posted:

I feel like Chapman doesn't throw that many strikes but hitters just have to swing so early they swing at a lot of balls. Is there any stat to back this up?

Maybe, but sometimes he just doesn't have his command, particularly when he comes in outside the 9th and it isn't a save opp.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

There was a Cleveland fan in the crowd with his face painted like a baseball. That's infinitely more appropriate than any of the "Indians" related bullshit. How can one guy be so reasonable and the rest of those retards not get it? :psyduck:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

jesus christ that jumbotron

They're compensating for something.... ;) ;) ;) :awesome:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Popete posted:

By the way, the reason Schwarber is heating up the mid section of the bat like that is to get the pine tar sticky again. In cold weather pine tar becomes solid and loses its tackiness.

But that's Schwarber in the background, so who was heating up the bat? :confused:

Popete posted:

Needs to be a white guy in face paint.

It was a white guy (sort of; Sicilian): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

FaradayCage posted:

Probably some boy. Some boy whose responsibility lies primarily with the bats.

Not following you. Could you break it down for me?

• Locked thread