Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If you hear random pockets of booing for seemingly no reason, it's because all the Cubs fans here are starting chants and the boos are an attempt to drown them out

Also Bauer sure made that inning drone on and on :v:

Start a "Boo-ez" chant and see if anyone joins in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

straight up brolic posted:

The Rick Ankiel story

Trigger warning that poo poo.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Hit or error? My bank account must know!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

marioinblack posted:

Not sure what you're talking about, guess the joke went over my head.

Rick Ankiel was an incredibly hyped Cardinals pitching prospect. He lived up to the hype for the most part. When he was called on to start Game One of the 2000 NLDS opposite Greg Maddux he was leading 6-0 in the third inning until he threw 5 wild pitches and couldn't get out of the inning. In his next start in G2 of the NLCS he threw 5 wild pitches in 20 pitches total before being pulled. His pitching never recovered.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

mastershakeman posted:

then he hit a shitload of dingers somehow

"Somehow".

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Hendricks in-game interview: Raw emotion with a side of expletives.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Reminder: Still no hits for Cleveland.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

SharkTattoos posted:

Why yuh you you gotta say this? :negative:

I had a long day in court and am exhausted. I know I can't last the whole game but have to at least stay up for the end of the no-hit bid. There're only been two no-hitters in postseason history, right?

E: I also have court tomorrow.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Popete posted:

How many times has Rizzo hit a homerun ball fowl this post season?

We call that a "Reverse Randy Johnson"

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

TMMadman posted:

As far as I know, he hasn't hit any birds with a batted ball.

I got there first. :colbert:

Again, I'm really lucky they're not scoring these misplays as errors.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Okay, that HAS to be an error. Congrats, Epilepsy Foundation.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
PS - I'm settling up my Cleveland error bill to the Epilepsy Foundation in one lump sum at the end of the Series.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Jason Heyward playing in a WS game. An endorsement of JHey or an indictment of Soler?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Explosionface posted:

I accept my shame. I think to try to rejigger the offense, I'm going to donate $20 per Cubs dinger during the series to... something. I'll figure it out by tomorrow. Maybe JDRF for Ron.

Welcome to the GDT donation crew! :hfive:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Explosionface posted:

I might as well pretend to be a good person for once, you know?

drat straight. I'm a Cardinals fan and a lawyer. Gotta do something to earn some positive karma.

Please, Jake, give up a hit so I can go to sleep.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
gently caress you, Donald Trump. I'm making a big container of alcohol and labeling it "Republican tears" and serving it on election night.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Schwarber with that salamander heater brings back memories of using a shed in the country to lift in January, 2009.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
That was not Kevlar with the Schwarb-o-Meter, sadly.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

ChiTownEddie posted:

Ugh. What is he even doing then?!

Impersonating Sandberg to fleece rubes, last I heard.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Old people all have HepC. Good to know.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

SharkTattoos posted:

Anyone know where to get a dugout bat warmer fire cannon tube thingy? Amazon was not helpful with that search.

Salamander heater.

Hey, a hit!
Finally I can sleep!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

SharkTattoos posted:

Perfect. Thanks to both the pancakes.

You're welcome. Years ago when I was temporarily back in my hometown I used to lift in a shed in the country that was heated by one of those. It was pretty impressively white trash. My hometown also has boxing classes in the basement of the county lockup, does schoolbus demolition derbies and every year has a boxing match between Jesus and the Easter Bunny. Anyone driving down from Chicago to St. Louis should stop by sometime and just gape in awe. This has been your Illinois south of I-80 chat for the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Indians fielding costing me some money tonight. Hope the Epilepsy Foundation appreciates it.

• Locked thread