Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if the studio had a 1070m or 1080m in it id say its a no brainer, but the 900 series mobile gpus are not on the same level. maybe they'll update the specs after the holidays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
minecraft is hugely popular in the valuable 11-14 crowd.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the apple tv couldn't do any of this basic stuff before?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
what the hell was the appletv for before if this is new?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

IF you haven't seen Game Of thrones

If you haven't played Minecraft

If you've heard of Twitter and funny reaction gifs

boy is Apple the brand for you!!!

I'm real excited for a bunch of people to discover all these new brands from 5 years ago

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

Everything you watch in one place (except for Netflix and Amazon, representing like 70% of the market)

Netflix should punish them by removing 1080p support from slowfari

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

cbs is pretty desperate these days, aren't they?

they have the most broadcast viewers so they've been overly protective of their content w/ their own streaming service. they're trying this as a way to get people into their service but the second someone goes into the apple tv app for apple tvs and has to create a cbs account to access stuff its over.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
does it still have huge bezels?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

lmao at the arrow keys

they look like normal, hosed up mac arrow keys to me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple realized the mistake of not having touchscreens on a laptop but it would be way too embarrassing to go back on it now.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

this is a really cool idea and lol at all the pc makers pushing touch-enabled main displays on notebooks

yeah i'd love to be typing and then go to hit one of these keys and all of a sudden no travel or feedback.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh lol I figured the suggestions would be on screen which would be useful but its on the loving iforce touch bar. lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

its cool they opened this event up with a thing about accessibility, then they introduce a laptop that has a blank slab that requires gestures to hit certain keys

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

guess i'm officially old, cause this is lame

nah its just lame

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

if you're not excited about touch bar you're not thinking about the programming applications

like yeah it's dumb as poo poo when it integrates with apps but imagine that poo poo integrated into a serious workflow

lol. if you weren't using function keys before which would be far easier to use in a text focused environment, theres no way you're gonna use the iforce touch bar outside of a few gimmicks when you first get it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i literally cant imagine what would i put into the touchbar

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BeOSPOS posted:

that off center esc button is gonna mess with my muscle memory :jiggled:

its app specific so it will be off center in slightly different ways for each app and in some not there at all.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

function keys suck i hate them

then you wouldn't use the iforce touch buttons either.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

triple sulk posted:

lmfao no kaby lake

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

lol radeon. forget it

wow. what a piece of poo poo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

triple sulk posted:

lmao at how piss this thing is

bbbbbbuuuutttt is a maaacc boooookk.. it doesn't matter if its total garbage because its got the apple on the back

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BiohazrD posted:

im guessing the 15" will get nvidia graphics

13" is cpu integrated 15" is amd

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple getting out of the monitor business.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i have literally no idea what you are saying rn

he uses hosed up vi poo poo where all of the buttons on his computer do different things based on which mode its in. its retard linux poo poo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
looks like they're on to final cut pro so its all over. lol. last years chips and amd.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the iforce touch bar is worse than a touch screen in every way but I'm excited to experience the defenses people come up w/

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stymie posted:

hey remember when steve said touchscreen on laptops were terrible user experiences and awful ergonomically

look how much the presenters have to hunch over to use the stupid little screen

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also lol @ people using the iforce touch bar for ARTS when theres the surface dial and surface studio.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Linguica posted:

two handed trackpad / touchbar editing

no fuckin way

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

this is true except the microsoft studio surface runs microsoft windows

idgi? windows runs all ~*creative*~ software better than osx even on identical hardware which you cant even get on a mac cause even they're brand new ones are out of date.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

logikv9 posted:

the touch bar might have been more useful if it wasn't so loving small

like maybe if it was the size of the entire screen? hhmmm. maybe...

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

where the gently caress is a new mac mini gently caress you apple

they already showed the apple tv. it was the first thing. you can watch tv and sports on it now

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm an apple fan boy and I admit that MS has seriously won this round

I thought the studio was cool, if niche but now it looks incredible by comparison

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

triple sulk posted:

im getting a surface book

get an xps 15 instead.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Linguica posted:

wait, up to 10 hours of battery life? didn't the 2015 13" RMBP advertise like 12?

sometimes courage requires sacrifice

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ah, so I get it. they're gonna bring these in at like $999 for the 15" and try to win on price.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you think new surface book that bad?

its overpriced and the tablet/hinge thing is dumb. if they made a surface laptop it would probably be tits but the surface book is too much of a compromise.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Linguica posted:

so the 13" air will still exist but theyre not updating it AT ALL? or is this cut-down 13" mbp the new """air"""

why update if people are still buying them?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
wow. starting at $1500 for the 13" mac book pro with functioning keys.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

WHERES THE FUCKEN IMACS TIM

why would they update their desktops? nobodies really gonna get that big of a boost from the latest intel cpus and gpus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

fukkin lol still no updated desktops. Mac Pro is 3 years old and hasn't been updated since apple squeezed it out

the trash pro only gets updates every 10 years because the people who buy them don't really care about the hardware

• Locked thread