Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I have spent the last three days straight in Skyrim, with another two (Shan't be attending my family's thanksgiving dinner due to political reasons) ahead of me. I am the Dragonborn!

Now, as some of you may know I'm mainly an Oblivion guy. This is actually my first time completing the story all the way through, and I gotta say nitpicks aside it's a p. great game.

The combat is viceral and heavy, the story is absolutely gripping, and those shouts, oh man, those shouts. This game is basically a 'Come At Me Bro' simulator, and I'm all for it.

Game on, fellow Dragonbournes.

Bahaha oh my god I frigging lost it at the come at me bro simulator part. Thanks for making me spit out my red bull at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
My sides feel like they've been launched into Low Skyrim Orbit by a drat giant.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This game desperately needs online coop even though some of the dungeons would be kinda cramp

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I have spent the last three days straight in Skyrim, with another two (Shan't be attending my family's thanksgiving dinner due to political reasons) ahead of me. I am the Dragonborn!

Now, as some of you may know I'm mainly an Oblivion guy. This is actually my first time completing the story all the way through, and I gotta say nitpicks aside it's a p. great game.

The combat is viceral and heavy, the story is absolutely gripping, and those shouts, oh man, those shouts. This game is basically a 'Come At Me Bro' simulator, and I'm all for it.

I thought Watchdogs 2 was the Come At Me Bro simulator...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

No poo poo, Dovakhiin (the Song of the Dragonborn) just popped into my head whilst reading this post.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

No poo poo, Dovakhiin (the Song of the Dragonborn) just popped into my head whilst reading this post.

Did anyone else just get chills?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I started playing this again.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I thought Watchdogs 2 was the Come At Me Bro simulator...
No that's the ultimate hacker simulator

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nods sagely

Wormskull posted:

I started playing this again.

Awesome, just Awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's not as good yet though since they haven't ported over the hardcore heavily modded capabilities yet.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

That's fine with me, let's just say I like my sweetrolls Vanilla flavoured.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Hail in well met, Dovalkhin. Snapped a picture of the feast I'm enjoying today -- hope you're having a happy Thanksgiving.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0UEn9uhmI

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

Hail in well met, Dovalkhin. Snapped a picture of the feast I'm enjoying today -- hope you're having a happy Thanksgiving.

Happy thanksgiving imps

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

*pulls the top of a 4 foot hand-blown glass bong out of my Addiddas (sic) duffel bag and nods at it*

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

holy poo poo id never throught of dojng something like this. The immersion must be incredible

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

protip: now that its getting colder out leave your window open while you play skyrim. the cold air is great for immersion. Just be careful that you close it eventually. I was resting my eyes listening to particularly soothing bard's song when next thing I knew it was the next morning and I had an awful cold (dovahkiin i aint! :xd: )

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Every time I start a new version of skyrim I tell myself that this time I won't be a sneaky archer, but here I
Am third time through and I'm sneaking around with a bow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the only way I ever played elder scrolls games because it lets you one shot every enemy at range so you don't have to actually engage with the terrible combat

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Current character is sword and board because I always play sneaky characters and wanted a change of pace. Im about to go through the dark brotherhood and thief guild quests and Im not going to change my playstyle one bit for any of them

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Boyfriend is doing a similar thing but caves and merchants mostly only have magicka potions and he lost 3 companions in one hour so he's pretty mad at the game right now lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Current character is sword and board because I always play sneaky characters and wanted a change of pace. Im about to go through the dark brotherhood and thief guild quests and Im not going to change my playstyle one bit for any of them
Implying you only play one character at a time in Skyrim, instead of fully exploring the epic world with at least six simultaneously - vanilla only, natch.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Implying you only play one character at a time in Skyrim, instead of fully exploring the epic world with at least six simultaneously - vanilla only, natch.

(dragonborn shout) THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ill fully explore whiterun with 60 characters if I dont maintain this discipline here

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Control Volume posted:

Ill fully explore whiterun with 60 characters if I dont maintain this discipline here

[goes forward, makes a right, does a loop, crosses the street, makes a loop, goes 200 feet up to the castle] phew... another whiterun explored. loving epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have a mod that lets me chop down trees and then you can pick up 600 pound logs that are called, in game, Pine Log - 40x2.5 feets and put them in a wood pile.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n2S7VopbFQ

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I have a mod that lets me chop down trees and then you can pick up 600 pound logs that are called, in game, Pine Log - 40x2.5 feets and put them in a wood pile.

When the special edition dropped i got really excited at the idea of having to sell odds and ends to afford a woodcutters ax to make some starting coin chopping wood in the first town because i have aids

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Control Volume posted:

Boyfriend is doing a similar thing but caves and merchants mostly only have magicka potions and he lost 3 companions in one hour so he's pretty mad at the game right now lol

What's his name?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

What's his name?

thuis

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Paul

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the only paul i know is a real rear end in a top hat, i hope its not the same person

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hopefully not but I do have a thing for assholes

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Complete non sequitur from the current conversation ha ha but graphical mods for skyrim are looking really impressive these days

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

When the special edition dropped i got really excited at the idea of having to sell odds and ends to afford a woodcutters ax to make some starting coin chopping wood in the first town because i have aids

lmfao

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

It's the only way I ever played elder scrolls games because it lets you one shot every enemy at range so you don't have to actually engage with the terrible combat

I like doing magic only no armour no weapons >:]

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

There's a free woodcutters axe sitting right in front of you if you go to riverwood.....

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gots me a mod that lets you ride the carriages! GTA4 and 5 taxis... Yeah no. Nothing beats the beauty and majesty of a scenic tour through Skyrim's incredible landscapes on the way to Windrun to pop a cape in a motha fucka's rear end in a top hat! Hell yea...

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

gently caress... Accidentally took a small look at the top rated mod list in game and here I am returning the amulet of arkay to this drat priest for the fourth time this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Wormskull posted:

Gots me a mod that lets you ride the carriages! GTA4 and 5 taxis... Yeah no. Nothing beats the beauty and majesty of a scenic tour through Skyrim's incredible landscapes on the way to Windrun to pop a cape in a motha fucka's rear end in a top hat! Hell yea...

I know its a typo but the capes mod that lets you wear a cape is completely essential.