Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

*Man in unmarked russian navy uniform bayonets dutch children*

klompen-sporting retard: "boy i wish someone would do something about all these moroccans"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Is there going to be a cordon sanitaire around PVV or are the centrists tripping over themselves to coalition with them?

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Everyone here dislikes Russia but we dislike negative economic growth more and if the people I talk to are an indication appeasement is a perfectly valid strategy and never goes wrong.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Fiction posted:

Is there going to be a cordon sanitaire around PVV or are the centrists tripping over themselves to coalition with them?

The conservatives will join them for sure.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Wilders has actually tweeted at some point that he wouldn't cooperate with the VVD as long as they were led by Rutte, while his latest excretion is about how the "Netherlands-hating elite" from Rutte to Asscher to Klaver needs to be "smashed" . He is going to make it impossible for anyone to work with him.

The VVD is in a competition for voters with him, so they are likely not going to cooperate with him either. The more insidious consequence of that is that there will be more xenophobic rhetoric or dogwhistling from the VVD too.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Fiction posted:

The three new racist parties (VNL, FvD, GP) would love to join, the calvinists (SGP) and 50+ would probably join, VVD would probably join depending on how big the PVV becomes (we have big disagreements but the people's mandate etc), CDA maaaybe?? but I doubt it after it destroyed them the last time they did

SP, GL, PvdA, CU, D66 won't enter into a coalition with the PVV.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

the more important thing keeping wilders out of a coalition is that it seems he really doesnt want to be in one unless he gets like 50+ seats

since the last time he he blew up the coaliton i think he's just been trying to build an Asterix-like village for when the muslim hordes inevitably take over europe

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I could see the SP entering a coalition with the PVV, they share some populist views and some social security related ones. But the PVV would have to tone down some of their extreme views significantly during the negotiations for that.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

is merkel gonna lose because a terrorism happened

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Merkel is finished

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
WW3 except everyone is invading each other

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*Man in unmarked russian navy uniform bayonets dutch children*

klompen-sporting retard: "boy i wish someone would do something about all these moroccans"

this is basically europol

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Nonsense posted:

Merkel is finished

how would this happen exactly, can the CDU knife her in a leadership spill or do German parties have primaries?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

TheIllestVillain posted:

how would this happen exactly, can the CDU knife her in a leadership spill or do German parties have primaries?

It won't. Merkel is still popular enough that it would take something much bigger to push her out of power. The AfD, the far-right party that would presumably benefit, is a political pariah that the other parties won't touch.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Fallen Hamprince posted:

It won't. Merkel is still popular enough that it would take something much bigger to push her out of power. The AfD, the far-right party that would presumably benefit, is a political pariah that the other parties won't touch.

I would imagine that their support will spike though, much like it did last year in the wake of the Paris nightclub attacks.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
Germans seem to have some weird hard-on for grand coalitions so the AfD would need their support to spike bigly if they want to play ball with the grown ups.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Entropist posted:

I could see the SP entering a coalition with the PVV, they share some populist views and some social security related ones. But the PVV would have to tone down some of their extreme views significantly during the negotiations for that.

this is the stupidest opinion. not just because it's factually untrue (the only things the SP and PVV somewhat agree on are healthcare and governance) but also because it'd literally be the end of the SP

http://partijgedrag.nl/partijgelijkenis.php

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Your optimism is admirable!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
can ya all please add notes to your posts assuming dumb rear end people in north america are reading?

whats SP PPV afd etc? and what country?

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/geertwilderspvv/status/811177221310320640

e: From the comments
https://twitter.com/colinfarrelfan/status/811181765855481856

Sai has issued a correction as of 14:14 on Dec 20, 2016

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

i hope colin farrel knows he has inspired his fans toward far-right reactionism.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Baloogan posted:

can ya all please add notes to your posts assuming dumb rear end people in north america are reading?

whats SP PPV afd etc? and what country?

Netherlands:

SP = lefties, but closer to social Democrats now
PVV = Muslim hatin, religion clingin right wingers led by a guy with bad hair. Wants a Nexit referendum so good luck forming a coalition in Netherlands' clusterfuck proportional representation system.

Germany:

AfD = not literal nazis (that's the NPD), but close. Not likely to be part of a coalition for reasons stated above by other posters.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
thanks

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Entropist posted:

Your optimism is admirable!

So's your ignorance

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Fiction posted:

Netherlands:

PVV = Muslim hatin, religion clingin right wingers led by a guy with bad hair. Wants a Nexit referendum so good luck forming a coalition in Netherlands' clusterfuck proportional representation system.

PVV isn't religious, just xenophobic. I wouldnt really call them left or right wingers in the econonic sense either. As they just say whatever they think gets them more votes with the people sympathetic to the xenophobic platform.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Ok, I will explain this for the Americans. We have a website called stemwijzer, it's a little quiz that you do to help you pick the party you agree with most. Here are my results:

Voting for pirate party is risky, because they've never even held one seat before, and don't really have their poo poo together, but I don't really like d66 and the next two are fictional parties made up for this poll, and PvdA is too bland.

Also, I disagree with the pirate party on 15 out of 30 questions and the rest are all worse than that. What the hell, how is there not a party that I have a majority of shared opinions with?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
maybe you should start your own party

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

twoday posted:

Ok, I will explain this for the Americans. We have a website called stemwijzer, it's a little quiz that you do to help you pick the party you agree with most. Here are my results:

Voting for pirate party is risky, because they've never even held one seat before, and don't really have their poo poo together, but I don't really like d66 and the next two are fictional parties made up for this poll, and PvdA is too bland.

Also, I disagree with the pirate party on 15 out of 30 questions and the rest are all worse than that. What the hell, how is there not a party that I have a majority of shared opinions with?

what were the questions?

just vote SP, tia

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

The Puppet Master posted:

what were the questions?

just vote SP, tia

I'm not 50+ so SP is no longer representing me. Also they don't think capitalism is bad so yeah.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

twoday posted:

stemwijzer is garbage in a coalition-based system

who should you vote for? the party whose core thesis you most agree with
sp: there is more than enough money in the netherlands to give unemployed and low-income people a much better life
gl: we need to become energy-neutral and focusing on endless economic growth is retarded
denk: erdogan is real, and strong, and he is my friend
pvda: our welfare state is fundamentally good and we need to preserve it for a new age
cda: a more moral society is a better society
d66: the netherlands needs to become an education superpower in a united europe
vvd: people know what is best for them, and they deserve the money they earn
pvv: to preserve the netherlands we need to get out of the EU, and get islam out of the netherlands
cu/sgp/pirates/50+/new racists: fart

After the elections there will be bargaining and while the vvd might say that everyone will get a free 1000 euro, that's the first thing they drop. I think this is more or less fairly what the parties would bring to the table

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Please stop pretending DENK is a real party and let me live in my fantasy world for a bit until they get a surprisingly high number of votes next election.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Namarrgon posted:

Please stop pretending DENK is a real party and let me live in my fantasy world for a bit until they get a surprisingly high number of votes next election.

it's a shame that weed is already legal in the netherlands because otherwise DANK would surely save the land of windmills and polders from the fascist menace

twoday
May 4, 2005

Sai posted:

stemwijzer is garbage in a coalition-based system

who should you vote for? the party whose core thesis you most agree with
sp: there is more than enough money in the netherlands to give unemployed and low-income people a much better life
gl: we need to become energy-neutral and focusing on endless economic growth is retarded
denk: erdogan is real, and strong, and he is my friend
pvda: our welfare state is fundamentally good and we need to preserve it for a new age
cda: a more moral society is a better society
vvd: people know what is best for them, and they deserve the money they earn
pvv: to preserve the netherlands we need to get out of the EU, and get islam out of the netherlands
cu/sgp/pirates/50+/new racists: fart

After the elections there will be bargaining and while the vvd might say that everyone will get a free 1000 euro, that's the first thing they drop. I think this is more or less fairly what the parties would bring to the table

Well as an academic, I guess d66 then

But also as an academic, I want to vote SP

twoday has issued a correction as of 11:00 on Dec 21, 2016

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

i really hate wilders but im really hoping for a debate where he just dunks on thierry baudet again and again until he cries

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

its about three months before the election lets see how de hond's polls from four years ago around the same time held up
Party/Poll june '12/elections sept '12
VVD/26/41
PvdA/19/38
PVV/24/15
CDA/13/13
SP/32/15
D66/16/12
GL/6/4
CU/6/5
SGP/3/3
PvdD/3/2
Other/2/2

who cares at this point

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

maurice de hond is the world's worst pollster and i love the #shitpeilsays hashtag on the twittersphere

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

televised humiliation of the new racist parties is the only good thing that'll probably happen in these here elections

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Sai posted:

But also we vote in favour of ripping apart the student financial aid system big parties please love us and invite us to the next coalition talk we can make The Hard Choices.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I agree with d66 on a lot of issues, but I find libertarians fundamentally obnoxious, then again I guess they're not exactly that, since they want to throw tons of government money at education. They still feel right-wing some how, and I don't like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Namarrgon posted:

But also we vote in favour of ripping apart the student financial aid system big parties please love us and invite us to the next coalition talk we can make The Hard Choices.

i think the new system is Bad but if the Americans reading this knew that college in NL costs like 2000 euros a year and the left thinks thats unacceptable theyd be laughing till their balls dropped out of their mourhs

• Locked thread