Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

First they came for the Muslims...

First the muslims illegally immigrated by the millions, and your politicians said nothing out of fear of the left.

Then the illegal immigrants began to self-radicalize, and your politicians said nothimg because it was America's problem.

Now terrorists are traveling throughout Europe free as can be and your politicians are LOSERS because they said nothing and have no plan.

Whereas I have a plan and know a solution: copy America's immigration processes and procedures, and hold illegal immigrants in detention until they are deported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This can only end well. :shepface:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ich habe pläne große pläne
Ich baue dir ein Haus

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I looked up D66 years ago to read their platform and learned they're in favor of doing away with PR and instituting a bicameral FPTP legislature, explicitly mentioning how great US politics is

What the gently caress

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Aliquid posted:

I looked up D66 years ago to read their platform and learned they're in favor of doing away with PR and instituting a bicameral FPTP legislature, explicitly mentioning how great US politics is

What the gently caress

We have the best politics unlike Europe, which is a mess by the way

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aliquid posted:

What the gently caress

American politics is the greatest achievement of human civilization. Good for them.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Yeah man, gently caress medicine and mathematics, what have they e ver done for us!

TRUMP!
*click*

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

d66 is garbage but since everything they want is a total non-issue for other parties they are perfectly safe to put in your coalition and while you try to work out economic policy with other parties d66 can play on the balcony with reorganizing the provinces or founding a Superuniversity or whatever

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Which parties are opposed to merging the provinces until there are just three super provinces? I absolutely hate that poo poo, and I'll be damned if I have to share a province with Lelystad

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

twoday posted:

Which parties are opposed to merging the provinces until there are just three super provinces? I absolutely hate that poo poo, and I'll be damned if I have to share a province with Lelystad

You should vote PvdD because they oppose capitalism (because its bad for animals and causes global warming and destroys the environment) and also dont see any use in merging provinces. Also they arent dumb liberals like D66.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

9-Volt Assault posted:

You should vote PvdD because they oppose capitalism (because its bad for animals and causes global warming and destroys the environment) and also dont see any use in merging provinces. Also they arent dumb liberals like D66.
They are a Seventh-day Adventist cult tho.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Entropist posted:

Which doesnt show in how they present themselves or how they vote, so its a non-issue.

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Entropist posted:

wait what

Do you have any more about this?

twoday
May 4, 2005

I want a party that supports basic income and the enforcement of the Bakker-Schut plan

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

twoday posted:

I want a party that supports basic income and the enforcement of the Bakker-Schut plan

same but also full communism

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Stabbatical posted:

wait what

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot written about it, mainly some articles on the beliefs of leader Marianne and lots of rumours about internal power struggles and non-adventists being pushed out. You can google the journalistic pieces from 2007 when people first found out about Marianne's affiliation, but I didn't find any recent overview on the topic. And it's all in Dutch, of course.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
You had a terrorist, detained for being in contact with ISIL and actively plotting an attack, released by German authorities because...Angela Merkel invited them to Germany.

And folk wonder why alternative political parties are on the rise in Europe. Control your loving known terrorists, you dumb eurofucks!

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Stabbatical posted:

wait what

in dutch: http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/4324/Nieuws/article/detail/1411202/2007/04/13/14-04-07---Gelooft-Thieme-in-haar-partij-of-in-haar-geloof.dhtml

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

ask me about frustrated midwestern ambition

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My Imaginary GF posted:

You had a terrorist, detained for being in contact with ISIL and actively plotting an attack, released by German authorities because...Angela Merkel invited them to Germany.

And folk wonder why alternative political parties are on the rise in Europe. Control your loving known terrorists, you dumb eurofucks!

maybe russia and america could keep their red scare-stained fingers out of the middle eastern pie and stop overthrowing governments for the sake of oil first

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pollyanna posted:

maybe russia and america could keep their red scare-stained fingers out of the middle eastern pie and stop overthrowing governments for the sake of oil first

How about counter-revolutions for blatantly ideological reasons? I think those are really cool!

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Sylvana Simons leaves Denk to start another party just lmao

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

i really hope there will be multiple small-party debates because they will be hilarious

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Sai posted:

Sylvana Simons leaves Denk to start another party just lmao

Did that actually happen? Will this splinter party also deny the Armenian Genocide?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

The Puppet Master posted:

Did that actually happen? Will this splinter party also deny the Armenian Genocide?

She should go 180 degrees and name her party the "Armenian Genocide Party"

twoday
May 4, 2005

Sai posted:

i really hope there will be multiple small-party debates because they will be hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjOUZm8pJb8

:getin:

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

vvd says they wont govern with the pvv

https://twitter.com/WNLOpZondag/status/812966914054127617

BUT DONT TRUST THESE FUCKERS VOTE D66 FOR ALL I CARE DONT VOTE VVD

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

how else are they supposed to distract their own peoples from how much they suck

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Sai posted:

vvd says they wont govern with the pvv

These promises routinely get broken and mean nothing by now.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Namarrgon posted:

These promises routinely get broken and mean nothing by now.

Where is my 1000 euro Rutte??? :mad:

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Is this where I post about how much I want Mark Rutte to die in a fire?

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/PrinsesChrissie/status/816354393037635585

Controversy has erupted as the VVD wants to introduce a ban on using names of actual meat products for vegetarian products such as "vegan bacon" or "vegetarian schnitzel," and the scandal is being referred to as schnitzelgate.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I would vote for the Animal Party but I am worried that they would take steps to limit my intake of horse meat if they came to power, and I eat a lot of horse meat.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i just want to be sure that my hamburgers contain actual germans

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
VVD should be required to mark this proposal as a foreign import. Germany's minister of agriculture has brought up this idea a week ago.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I don't really understand the argument in favor of this. Is it just a giant "gently caress you" to vegetarians for no reason? They say it's false advertising, but I don't think I've ever seen a vegetarian meat imitation that didn't say "vegetarian" on it in giant letters. In the super market they even place vegetarian products in bright green packaging and quarantine them from the meat by putting seafood in between. Even if you were illiterate you should be able to figure out that the perfectly round schnitzel that's in a green box next to the tofu isn't made of meat

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

twoday posted:

Is it just a giant "gently caress you" to vegetarians for no reason?

The reason is that vegetarianism isn't right-wing.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

frankenfreak posted:

VVD should be required to mark this proposal as a foreign import. Germany's minister of agriculture has brought up this idea a week ago.

Original Dutch idea, do not steal. Of course it is a 4 year old idea that already was brought to court and failed, several times. It was the PVV* who first brought the case. No one is buying more expensive ersatz meat products expecting to get the real thing.

*=Not that PVV, Productschap Vee en Vlees.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
More like productschaap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Wake up, schaaple

I think people in most other countries would be baffled that the previous far right populist here was gay, and that was ok and still would be today, but that he was assassinated by a radical animal rights activist (and presumably a vegetarian) because he wore fur coats. I think everywhere else, gay and vegetarian are on the same side of the political spectrum, but here even the far right demagogues are staunchly pro-gay (although partially just because it's haram).

• Locked thread