Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Still no party that wants full communism now so I'll probably vote animal rights party because they seem to be the only one that realize that capitalism is bad (for animals but close enough).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

The Puppet Master posted:

Are there any recent polls for the upcoming election?

Today a newspaper ran an article about some recent research done under voters and its conclusion was that voters want leftist things (pension at 65 years old, socialized healthcare, better social security, that kind of thing), but they will vote mostly rightwing. THe left-wing block (which includes D66, which really isnt left-wing) was measured at 55-60 out of 150 seats. So yeah.

9-Volt Assault has issued a correction as of 11:26 on Oct 29, 2016

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

measured as in, in polls?

http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/u-denkt-links-en-stemt-rechts~a4404706/

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

nice, i hope many elections are discussed itt

are there data nerd election people who make graphs and maps in Europe

does a pirate party run Iceland right now or something, i thought i had read they became a real political party there somehow

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/ is a good site for all your Icelandic election news, with the elections actually happening yesterday!

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

twoday posted:

SP is too conservative. I want a hipper fresher SP (that isn't groenlinks)

Partij voor de dieren.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Fiction posted:

Is there going to be a cordon sanitaire around PVV or are the centrists tripping over themselves to coalition with them?

The conservatives will join them for sure.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

what were the questions?

just vote SP, tia

I'm not 50+ so SP is no longer representing me. Also they don't think capitalism is bad so yeah.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Having finished my MA at a Dutch university, it really wasnt even worth the 2k a year i had to pay.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Sai posted:

where/what did you study?

History at both universities in Amsterdam. It was ok, the profs were good people but its one of those degrees where you have at most 10 hours of class a week and barely any feedback on papers and stuff. For my masters thesis i had like 4 meetings with my advisor and that was it. Now that im a few years out i kinda feel like i really didnt learn anything. Its not true, but i have a lot of trouble coming up with concrete things to point to and say ''i learned that because i studied history!'.

Basically, while i was studying history it was cool and good, but in the end it feels like a waste of time.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Sai posted:

i did two years of university but dropped out because it felt like i wasnt learning anything and i did two years of mbo but i dropped out because it felt like i wasnt learning anything and i did two years of hbo but dropped out because it felt like i wasnt learning anything

i doubt this is a specifically dutch issue, more just goons being goons

I did 2 years of computer science at the Hogeschool van Amsterdam before going to university and the quality of the education was absolutely embarrassing. High school demanded more of me.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Sai posted:

im an alpha* through and through so im not really surprised that computer science on hbo level is more challenging than history at uni level

also lol your a nerd

*but im halfway through infinifactory and i completed all hexcells games while listening to podcasts so maybe im also a beta

My sentence was terrible, I meant to say the level of education at the HBO was quite bad. During first year programming lessons i had to explain the teacher what i was doing, because he literally had no clue once you did anything that was not in the book he used. Most classes were like that.

But apparently Dutch education is still quite good compared to the rest of the world so lol, how bad is it elsewhere? Looking forward seeing how the next coalition is going to make it worse!

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

twoday posted:

I came to this country for education, I did my BA and MA here and am about to finish my PhD, and I have good career prospects as a historian. I'm happy with the education system here. I think it's competitive and the best outside the US and U.K., and it's amazing that it's so cheap.

Ok, so my mood changes frequently, but today I have been entertaining the idea of voting d66. They want to decriminalize all drugs, build more public transport, allow 3 or more parents for a child, and various other liberal things I like, and they want to pump a bunch of money into higher education, which I like a lot.

But it's my first time voting, since I have only recently become a Dutch citizen, and I'm wondering, how do they behave in coalitions. Will they be a viable coalition partner this time? Who do they usually work with? Etc.

Unfortunately I guess they would work with VVD. Would they work with PVV?

They won't work with the PVV. They will work with the VVD. They will also throw away anything they claim to find important to get into a coalition, especially a right wing one. They joined VVD and CDA in 2003, which is just :lol: for a party that claims to be liberal, even though VVD hadn't gone full conservative at the time.

Also, you must be the first person with a finished degree in history who says he has good prospects. Everyone I did my MA with is stuck in poo poo jobs, besides the few who went into IT or found some other way to retrain into a new position. and the few I know of who did a
phd and are finished are despairing because the chance of getting anything better than one post-doc after the next for the next 15 years is close to zero. Permanent positions at a university are like a unicorn. All but one of them want to leave academia because of this.

9-Volt Assault has issued a correction as of 22:37 on Dec 21, 2016

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Osmosisch posted:

A vote for D66 is basically a vote for vvd because they care about nothing as much as being in the government and are willing to support them in their quest of the complete destruction of anything good in the country in exchange for symbolic bs like having a vague promise of the possible introduction of directly elected mayors.

Same for PvdA these days really.

See also: Pechtold announcing he is leaving politics if he doesn't become a minister.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

I also cant name any non-european values. We live in some terrible postmodern age where nothing has any value left.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Forums Terrorist posted:

i value not getting attacked when i hold hands with my bf in public

Hope you never visit Amsterdam because chances you will at least be called names are quite high there these days.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

First they came for the Muslims...

The muslims are never going to go away, so the gays are safe.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

twoday posted:

Which parties are opposed to merging the provinces until there are just three super provinces? I absolutely hate that poo poo, and I'll be damned if I have to share a province with Lelystad

You should vote PvdD because they oppose capitalism (because its bad for animals and causes global warming and destroys the environment) and also dont see any use in merging provinces. Also they arent dumb liberals like D66.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Entropist posted:

They are a Seventh-day Adventist cult tho.

Which doesnt show in how they present themselves or how they vote, so its a non-issue.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Namarrgon posted:

These promises routinely get broken and mean nothing by now.

Where is my 1000 euro Rutte??? :mad:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

twoday posted:

Yeah

Wtf kind of result is that? What is the coalition going to be? Fascists and geriatrics and measles-infected fishermen from Urk?

PVV (35) + VVD (23) = 58, still need 17 more so...CDA (15) + SGP (3)?

We will end like Belgium, without a government for over a year and then reelections in 2018.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

didnt vvd say they won't form a govt with pvv?

I think they already backtracked from that.

CDA might actually keep their word on this. But i expect them to fold if we get some unholy vvd/pvv/sgp or vvd/pvv/50+ coalition option that needs CDA to have a majority. They really, really love being in the goverment and being all ''for the greater good''.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

twoday posted:

d66 introduced a bill that passed today that finally legalizes and regulates the growing of marijuana, and I think that is cool and good

Shame the parties that voted against hold a majority in the senate so it will probably not pass, but good to know we're slowly getting there.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Just lol if you are Dutch and left and you do not vote PvdD. Its the only party that outright states that capitalism is poo poo and we need a new economic system.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Osmosisch posted:

Neither party is pro-exit, and I'd like some sources on the antivax thing that is actual policy they propose.

Vaccineren

De Partij voor de Dieren is tegen verplicht vaccineren. Ieder mens heeft het recht om zelf te beschikken over zijn of haar lichaam en daarmee ook het recht om af te zien van inenting voor zichzelf of zijn/haar minderjarige kinderen. Ook moet er geen vaccinatieplicht opgelegd kunnen worden vanuit de Europese Unie.

Basically, they dont support mandatory vaccination.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

I feel ''the government cannot force you to vaccinate/be a donor/whatever" is a defensible position to take, even though i think that vaccination should be mandatory. I do wonder how they feel about that whole being forced to work in return for your benefits that more and more municipalities are doing, but i cant find anything in their program about this issue.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

NihilismNow posted:

the Pvdd wanted parliament to investigate chemtrails until 4 months ago and still believes the weather is currently being influenced by climate engineering.

No, they just had a line that came down to "there is no prove chemtrails exist" because people kept talking about it, but it's gone now.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

NihilismNow posted:

https://www.partijvoordedieren.nl/items/chemtrails

Ok, chemtrails aren't real. But let me tell you about these CHEMICALS that are used for climate engineering. *links to a site that discusses theoretical use of climate and geo engineering*.

PVDD's veneer of sanity is quite thin. The fact that they were willing to entertain chemtrails to begin with should clue people in to that.
True leftists should keep voting SP who are at least grounded in reality and not a facade for a creepy cult.

SP, the ''capitalism is cool and good but just needs more rules'' dudes, just like PvdA/GL. No thanks. Fine for a coalition but not to vote for.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Thatim posted:

PvdD? JFC.

Ill probably vote D66 or Groenlinks.

Fight me. But gentle, I need to be able to vote wednesday

D66? Let's vote for Rutte's favorite partner, what can go wrong.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Namarrgon posted:

CU

CU boss Arie Slob
It should probably tell you something that I had to look up who leads this party.
You picked the wrong person though, it's Gert-Jan Segers now.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Entropist posted:

yes, but they gotta gotta sort out the chemtrail issue and stop vaccinations before they do that tho!

At least they dont surrender to capitalism like the SP does. :ussr:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Sai posted:

Point out the ones that can be named left in any way (I already did, it's the one I made bold)
More left results than pvda, gl and sp combined. A good party.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

High turnout is at least bad for the small Christian parties, who have an extremely loyal group of voters. No 3rd seat for the SGP!

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Young people do like the PVV a lot. :(

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Messyass posted:

Here's a wild prediction: we'll end up with vvd + d66 + cda + cu, and the only thing d66 will get out of it is that Pechtold gets to be PM.

Thats 75 Seats so the sgp will join. Also helps in the senate. 4 more years of loving over the climate, unemployed and working poor, more liberalizations on the labor market, lower taxes for companies but not workers. Fun stuff. But hey, euthanasia won't become easier so the christians are happy!

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Messyass posted:

^^^^
According to the exit poll it would have 75 seats, but now it looks like it would be a majority.

Ah right, that world be 76 seats. Risky.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

People vote VVD because they continue to be deluded into thinking the VVD will make sure their salaries go up and more jobs get created. :lol: Also because they hate foreigners and think Christmas is under attack.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

So...... yay?

Not really. Wilders never had a chance of becoming prime-minister, and he was losing support quickly the last few weeks. The higher than expected result for the conservatives just means most regular people will get hosed for a couple more years. Also, the Netherlands will continue to not do poo poo to curb carbon emissions, despite half our nation being many meters below sea level. :lol:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Thatim posted:

Yes. But these are pretty dark times, so i feel like this is a good enough result. Nothing will change much. And with some luck we get GL in cabinet to keep the climate stuff in check.

We wont get GL. They saw what Rutte did to the PvdA. If GL joins cda/vvd the same will happen to them.

CDA and VVD just dont care about climate or the environment, the VVD cares about driving 130 and flying to Thailand and CDA cares about making sure farmers arent inconvenienced a bit, and not making weed legal.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

CU frontman Segers is going to huff and puff a bit about ''difficult negotiations'' and ''wanting to get some real points for their voters'', but really, he will work it out pretty fast with Rutte. D66 is happy to finally be able to govern again and will support this coalition in exchange for say the ministry of Education and perhaps Healthcare or so. They will be the one decimated the next elections because their voters are socially and culturally really progressive and will not be happy supporting a christian-conservative coalition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

u brexit ukip it posted:

I still think a coalition with CU would be seen as too risky with just a one-seat majority. Every time something vaguely controversial came up there'd be dozens of MP's who might hold the government hostage.

While D66 might prefer GL, VVD and CDA will much prefer to work with CU. CU will be a lot easier to please seeing how small they are. Just dont do anything to make weed legal or euthanasia easier, give more money to defence (but vvd/cda want that too) and do some token effort to improve the amount of renewable energy we use (easy as we are pretty much at the bottom in Europe). D66 might complain about the euthanasia thing, but are spineless so they will fold in the end and Rutte knows that. D66 will get the ministry of Education and perhaps one of the ministry of Social Affairs, the ministry of Health or the ministry of Housing in exchange for not talking about euthanasia for a couple of years. VVD/CDA will want the ministries of Finance, Economic Affairs, Interior and Foreign affairs, as those are the most important ones.

• Locked thread