Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

isn't fillon a catholic reactionary who loves maggie thatcher? that doesn't sound "center-left" at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that 58-42 margin is rapidly dwindling and le pen is the only candidate whose numbers are improving, because french voters want security

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

That Algeria war comment probably hasnt helped (he called it a crime against humanity, not exactly the kind of thing that gets votes on the right, or the left for that matter)
i got polling information from this article which says as much

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there needs to be more internationally focused threads in c-spam imo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

is that hardcore calvinist party making inroads?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"let the boomers die" isn't a viable strategy in france. well, it isn't anywhere else either, but especially not when the young generation leans fascist

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Thatim posted:

If this keeps up, we might hit 80% attendande, or so i have read. Thats good right? Young people voting.
do young people in the netherlands trend like they do in france? if so, it's not good

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

a small part of me wanted to see another country fall to a nationalist right movement. i don't want the anglosphere to be alone

lollontee posted:

clinton would've been worse
absolutely not

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

how's france doing btw

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sorry to hear that, does it look like they're gonna fall to le pen

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Thatim posted:

I think we need to put this in perspective. When you say bad, do you mean 'bad', or US bad?
le pen strikes me as trump if he knew what he was doing

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

corbyn sucks less than everyone else

hamprince, don't be pissflaps

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pantsuit posted:

The best bet for the Labour left is to use a centrist to get into power, then attempt to manipulate them from the backbenches and cabinet.
nope

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if catalonia goes independent, what happens to El Clasico

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

somehow the black dude with the hitler mustache looks the least CHUD-like of all

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Corek posted:

Isn't he for the immigrant-hating party
yep, he's in True Finns even though he immigrated there from Angola

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

nothing, but 'reform the eu's rules to be more democratic' is an easier bullet point than the more honest 'reform the eu's rules so my county has more power'
ah hamprince, blunt as always

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fullhouse posted:

this seems correct given John Oliver did a French election bit and barely even mentioned Melenchon or Hamon while cheerleading Macron
i haven't watched J/O since mid-2015 when he stopped making efforts to be funny and yet he somehow gets worse every time i hear something about him

not 100% election-related but neo-nazis imitated an ISIS attack against Borussia Dortmund to foment anti-immigrant hysteria

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

corbyn might be poo poo at leading labour, but every neolib blairite poo poo who's aiming for his head would be too

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sorry france, you hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Agag posted:

We knew Macron sucks, but its impossible to duplicate how much Hillary sucked, so the polling was accurate this time.
macron is hillary except with more charisma and even more explicitly neoliberal

• Locked thread